Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:45:51 PM EDT
I have had three approved Form 4s lost in the mail. I have another Form 4 that was approved June 20th and is not here yet.

Two of the lost forms were approved the same day. I had to request certified copies.
One of the lost forms I had to request certified copies 3 times.

Needless to say the customers were not happen to have not gotten the "tax stamp" they paid for.

So, I am trying to figure out what is going on: Is the the ATF or my local (small town) Post Office?

Anybody else having this problem?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Similar topic

Maybe related?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 Keep in mind ATF can take 30 days (or more) to mail forms.
View Quote
Yeah, we are going to wait out the 30 days and hopefully this latest form shows up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Similar topic

Maybe related?
View Quote
We are a pretty low volume shop in terms of suppressor sales. Having three forms lost and another one we are worried about I think I am going to contact someone. The fact that these are federal tax documents makes it a serious matter.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Had this happen to me last year. Had to request certified copy. After getting the copy my original stamp finally showed up, turns out they forgot to put postage on the envelope and it bounced around for awhile. It was a 2 month ordeal but all worked out in the end.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info Joshua.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have another Form 4 that was approved June 20th and is not here yet.
View Quote
I made a mistake on this one. This Form 4 was actually received in the mail and the customer was notified a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]
YES!!!

My stamps were approves on June 13 and one of them had to have the "certified copy" or whatnot.

That or my dealer (who was arrested late last July for paying a minor for sex) has to use a buddy who is a dealer and just never checked.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine took quite a while!!  Hang in there.  ATF mailroom is SLOW right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top