Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2017 12:46:21 PM EDT
It seems like all they are doing is hurting themselves.  There's got to be a way to work together again.  Silencer Shop by far has it set up to make buying a suppressor as painless as possible.  Silencerco has some of the most appealing products out there.  

Anyone know what the chances are of them working together again are?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
same reason many relationships don't work, money.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
same reason many relationships don't work, money.
View Quote
But both lose more by not working something out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
SS lost my business on 6 sales because they didnt carry silencerco
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
What a coincidence, SilencerShop also lost 6 sales from me!  I have nothing against SilencerShop nor SilencerCo, and couldn't care less what beef they have against each other, but I'll buy where I can find the cans I'm after.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I love the idea of silencershop and often go to their site.

They lost out on 3 silencerco sales from me.

I bought local instead but now that guy is out of business and I need a new dealer.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Same here, heavily invested in sico so SS has lost at least 6 sales from me due to not carrying the brand.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Only two SiCo purchases that I couldn't do on SS. But also went outside SS for 2 AAC purchases due to Hansohn's sale & discount for the 4th.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I got 3 of my 6 Silencerco cans from SS before they stopped carrying them.

At this point with Capitol Armory now in the same state as me I'll be buying from them. If I get back to VA on my next set of orders it'll be Hansohn Brothers.

I'll still buy non-Silencerco cans from SS. I have nothing against any of these companies.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Come to think of it, I think my Spectre II is a SS purchase from 2013ish
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup, they lost two sales due to not carry SiCo from me as well.  I even used their kiosk at a local dealer, but had to buy the can from the dealer.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Not many states left prohibiting silencers but being from iowa and as soon as our governor indicated he'd sign the bill i bought through SS. Nothing against silencerco as ive heard they are top notch but i dont have the nfa experience most of you do and so opted to go the SS route and have 0 complaints! Rugged/aac suppressors have met my demands!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:07:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I own all SiCo cans, and I don't buy from SS because I like supporting local businesses.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:19:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Hell, do you think SS might have been sold out of your item during the rush to beat 41???  Silencer shop has been good to me, the damn ATF examiners...not so much.  Still waiting.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't buy from SS because I like supporting local businesses.
View Quote
Makes no sense
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Makes no sense
View Quote
Agreed. In most circumstances, I bet the $50 transfer is more than the profit margin on a can. Plus there's no cash outlay
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Agreed. In most circumstances, I bet the $50 transfer is more than the profit margin on a can. Plus there's no cash outlay
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes no sense
You'd be very wrong.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You'd be very wrong.
View Quote
Go on
What are the margins for cans on which you're sitting?
On how many thousands of dollars are you sitting?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You'd be very wrong.
View Quote
This.

Even at their worst Can margins beat Title 1.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wasnt so much going towards what their % profit for transfer and etc etc.. but SS is now a distributor, so you aren't really buying "from" them. It's no different than my SOT calling Lipseys and ordering a suppressor, marking it up, putting it in their case, and then I walk in and buy it. Other than it's "pre-sold" because I am telling that SS dealer that I already want it, and here's dealers asking price, paid up-front before Form 3 is started. So I don't see how buying SS Direct/Powered By/whatever it's called now, isn't "local"
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Last time I ordered from a SS dealer, they accidentally left their dealer invoice in my can box.  the SS dealer made well over $100 on each can they sold us.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I would bet that Silencer Shop isn't losing a bit of sleep over not having to deal with SiCo's business. I would assume low margins and a fair bit of premadana drama to go with it.

They can just stick with other brands and move right along.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Last time I ordered from a SS dealer, they accidentally left their dealer invoice in my can box.  the SS dealer made well over $100 on each can they sold us.
View Quote
Pretty easy money too.  All the paperwork is done for you, the customer comes pre-paid.  All you have to do is store the can and do a 4473 at pickup time.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pretty easy money too.  All the paperwork is done for you, the customer comes pre-paid.  All you have to do is store the can and do a 4473 at pickup time.
View Quote
And dont the dealers get to set their own prices? So not like SS is forcing them to sell for $X ?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a friend who is a recent SS convert and will not go Silencerco simply because of how easy the SS process is.  Me on the other hand will likely go with one of the reputable Silencerco dealers because I love the Omega.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Correct, the dealers set their own prices, don't carry the inventory dollars, don't do the paperwork, don't have to worry about what silencer is going to be popular and get stuck with inventory. They collect the margin on the silencer that is bought from us, store it for a bit and dispose it to the customer.
View Quote
And this is why most of my local dealers don't carry much if any inventory and just tell me to order from silencer shop.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#29]
My 3 Ospreys, 2 Sparrows, and a Specter II came from SS before the split. My last 3 Sico cans were bought from vendors on this board, and transferred to my local SOT. He loads them to his SS store inventory and SS does the paperwork. SOT get 50.00 for the transfer, SS gets 25.00 for the service provided.

The 25.00 SS fee is a deal as I nolonger have to get pictures made and prints done. All my info is in file with SS.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Go on
What are the margins for cans on which you're sitting?
On how many thousands of dollars are you sitting?
View Quote
Damn. Owned by IKH.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a friend who is a recent SS convert and will not go Silencerco simply because of how easy the SS process is.  Me on the other hand will likely go with one of the reputable Silencerco dealers because I love the Omega.
View Quote
Of course the real ARFCOM answer is have both!

Buy a Sico from your favorite dealer transfered to your local SS powered dealer, and let SS do the paperwork.

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
SS lost out on 3 sales from me.

In our cases, Silencerco wins, SS loses.

The other question is how many sales have Sico lost because the consumer chose a comparable product offered on SS?

If the two of them learned to play nice, they would both win, but at the expense of other Sico dealers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#33]
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/s2168586/Screen%20Shot%202017-05-24%20at%209.42.40%20AM_zpsot2f8upy.png

Can't make it hawt cuz PB took a dump but y'all should click that ^^
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Perhaps the fact that Silencer Shop carries every major manufacturer, save SilencerCo, says more about the latter than the former...
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Damn. Owned by IKH.
View Quote
I'm glad dealers have a healthier margin than title I - should be beneficial for all
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Perhaps the fact that Silencer Shop carries every major manufacturer, save SilencerCo, says more about the latter than the former...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
But does it though?

Quoted:
I'm glad dealers have a healthier margin than title I - should be beneficial for all
Not for a lack of trying, they've been shrinking down over the years, but even more beneficial is a lot of companies have been dropping MSRP which is nice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

But does it though?
View Quote
I may be just a smidge biased here, but considering the totality of events related to SilencerCo over the last few years, I'm going to say yes. Not only are they the only major player to not be with Silencer Shop they've also:

1. Sent an email blast to distributors accusing Silencer Shop of providing illegal services (SID kiosks). And then, when subsequently proven to be wrong, failed to retract that statement.
2. Managed to lose both Mike Pappas and Henry Graham within months of one another, along with Gary Hughes.

I'm not saying they make bad products. Hell I own an Octane 45 and a Specwar 556. However, there are enough red flags out there that don't seem to exist on the other side of the equation.

All that being said, unless drastic changes happen at either of the companies, I don't see them back together at any point in the near future.

Edit: I think we're also nearing questionable territory here for a technical forum.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#38]
SilencerCo has missed 4 about to be 5 sales from me, Silencer Shop is easy to deal with and it saves me the $100 transfer I'd get otherwise at my local dealer. Bottom line for me is SS gets the can to me at the best price with the least amount of hassle and that leaves SiCo out in the rain here. I tried to buy a SiCo when the SPEQ sale was on but my dealer played dumb the whole time and I lost interest. Found a new dealer, same story.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Makes no sense
View Quote
I don't get it either, Sico is in Utah, his profile says Michigan.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I may be just a smidge biased here, but considering the totality of events related to SilencerCo over the last few years, I'm going to say yes. Not only are they the only major player to not be with Silencer Shop they've also:

1. Sent an email blast to distributors accusing Silencer Shop of providing illegal services (SID kiosks). And then, when subsequently proven to be wrong, failed to retract that statement.
2. Managed to lose both Mike Pappas and Henry Graham within months of one another, along with Gary Hughes.

I'm not saying they make bad products. Hell I own an Octane 45 and a Specwar 556. However, there are enough red flags out there that don't seem to exist on the other side of the equation.

All that being said, unless drastic changes happen at either of the companies, I don't see them back together at any point in the near future.

Edit: I think we're also nearing questionable territory here for a technical forum.
View Quote
I 100% agree with you. I personally have started buying from Dead Air and Rugged, and have stopped buying from SilencerCo. And it has nothing to do with the quality of any of the three's products. I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I have 3 cans in jail, a Rugged Obsidian and Oculus bought through Silencer Shop, and an Omega 30 bought through Capital Armory. I have a local FFL with a SS kiosk though and was able to just go through SS to submit the form 4 and everything like I did for the first two. Only difference is I'll have to pay the dealer their transfer fee. Not quite as one stop shop as being able to buy direction from SS, but pretty awesome that SS allows you to do that on cans they no longer carry, and was still a lot less hassle than the alternative.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm thinking he means a local dealer, which I totally understand.
View Quote
I dont. Lets pretend my local SOT sells all their cans for cost +10%. Dealer is part of SS network and goes on SS to set their prices at cost + 10%. Me going on SS site and using their system does nothing but save my dealer time spent ordering and doing paperwork ? Its not as if SS is setting the prices like they did back in the old days
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Let's just blame it on Schauble, even if he wasn't the root cause.  What I'm still scratching my head over is how a guy (Schauble) can keep end up getting a job when he keeps screwing things up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#45]
I own 9 cans, only 1 SiCo, which I bought from SS.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted: Agreed. In most circumstances, I bet the $50 transfer is more than the profit margin on a can. Plus there's no cash outlay
View Quote
Many of the cans I sold would be profit bearing around $300.  I tended to sell more 308 cans than anything because people would frequently ask me what I was using and knew I wasn't going to push crap on them.

I certainly never sold the volume of SS, but I probably did 1000 form 4s in the course of 4 years.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:58:48 AM EDT
[#47]
SS made buying my first can absolutely painless. About to do a form1 on a single shot trust. Glad there was a kiosk near me, makes all future purchases easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top