Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2017 1:00:06 PM EDT
Anyone got theirs in hand and using it????

Mine is still in the dealers safe and I'm Still waiting on the stamp to come back... 

This feels like ONE OF the longest waits ever....  I'll have to check tonight if I can remember, but I think June will make 1 year of waiting on the Form 4...  Not to mention the wait to find a dealer/distributor with them, then the F3 to my Dealer...
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Been using it for months now on my 308 bolt gun. Loving it!
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had mine for a couple months now and I highly recommend in.  I use it for semi and bolt 5.56, 300blk, and .308 and all sound good.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had mine for a couple months now and I highly recommend in.  I use it for semi and bolt 5.56, 300blk, and .308 and all sound good.
View Quote
Awesome!! I have a 762 SOCOM mini and want a 300 SPS.

Just bought a AEM5, so it will be a few months before I can add one to my wait pattern.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Use mine on 300 blk SBR and a 5.56 precision rig.  Great can and does exactly what I need it to.  300 blk with subs is stupid quiet and the length of the can isn't an issue on a 9" SBR.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice...  Glad to hear these reports...  Lots of Surefire Hate on the Forums.

I just called the ATF to check on mine. I sent it off the Form 4 Packet too SilencerShop on 7/13/16 , Found out the check (from Silencershop to the ATF for the Stamp) cashed 10/26/17.

I gave the ATF guy the SN of the Can, Who its Transferring from and too, he said he ""Looked it up"" and It should be several more weeks...  So I don't know it thats 3-4, 8, 12 or what...   After all this time, I'm starting to get impatient.

I already have a SF Socom 556-RC that I use on two ARs (12" and 18") as well as a .223 Bolt gun.  Works really well.  I dig it.

Plan on using this 300 on a 9.5" .300 Blk AR, a .300 Blk Ruger American Ranch Bolt Gun and a Remington 700SPS .308....   Not sure how much it will quite down that .308 as its a loud bastard...
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I've run it on my .308 20" AR and it does fairly well.  I just don't do it often as I have a dedicated direct thread can I tend to just leave on that rifle. So I don't have a muzzle device on it at the moment.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I run it on an 18in AR10 and a Rem 700 with a 16in barrel in .308 and it does well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had one for about a year now on a 9" 300 blackout. It is flipp'in fantastic. You are going to be glad you got it, hope your wait is over soon.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#9]
<<Sigh>>>
So, I called ATF NFA Branch on 6/7/17, gave the guy all the info they ask for, he said yea should just be a couple of more weeks...  So I'm like SWEET action, my stamp ought to be coming anytime now...

FFWD to 7/14/17 I call today, as its been over a month and several weeks...  She looks at it and says its Pending.    I said can you make any kind of prediction as to how long it might be before I see the form come back.

She said well, we did not cash the check till 10/26/17, so your looking at at least October... We had such a flood from people trying to beat the 41F, P, Q , Z or whatever it was, it really set things back.

Turns out, I sent my Form 4 paperwork off to Silencershop on 7/13/16 and the ATF did not get my stuff from them like Mid October I guess???

This is the longest wait on a Can that I've ever had...  
I hate to be a Whiner, but this entire wait will be well over a year...  Kinda Turns me off on NFA items...  I want more, but I hate putting money out there, then not having access to what I bought for almost (Or more)than a years time...
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#10]
You'll like it when you get it.

I've used it on my AR 300 BO - very nice, and on my Remington 700.  It's just fantasic on that (.308).  Truly turns that rifle's recoil, sound, and blast into .22 mag level.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You'll like it when you get it.

I've used it on my AR 300 BO - very nice, and on my Remington 700.  It's just fantasic on that (.308).  Truly turns that rifle's recoil, sound, and blast into .22 mag level.
View Quote
I hear ya...  I'm just getting really impatient...  I thought it was going to be back by the end June or July, but not so much...
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hear ya...  I'm just getting really impatient...  I thought it was going to be back by the end June or July, but not so much...
View Quote
Just buy more,  then you won't have to wait so long for a stamp to come back
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#13]
is this one quieter than the Socom 7.62?    on .308?    or built more for a 300BO!
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
is this one quieter than the Socom 7.62?    on .308?    or built more for a 300BO!
View Quote
This is the most quiet can they build, and it sounds great. I use mine on my 300 WinMag down to 300 Blackout and it is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I got my since January. I brought it for my .308 AR, a AK and 5.56 rifles. I don't own any .300 BO.
So far it suppresses sound pretty well. Gun gets very dirty shooting suppressed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I got a call from my favorite LGS today that my 300 SPS stamp came in!!!!! 

I don't get off work till 5 and they close at 5...   He said Tuesday, I could come up after hours and get it.  He said he would do it tonight, but has Family plans!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got a call from my favorite LGS today that my 300 SPS stamp came in!!!!! 

I don't get off work till 5 and they close at 5...   He said Tuesday, I could come up after hours and get it.  He said he would do it tonight, but has Family plans!!!
View Quote
My NFA guy who is awesome works 3 hrs only on Friday nights. And he was out last week when my stamp arrived. Oh well, not like I have range time anyways
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My NFA guy who is awesome works 3 hrs only on Friday nights. And he was out last week when my stamp arrived. Oh well, not like I have range time anyways
View Quote
I hear ya...  I did get to go pick it up last night and test fit it on one of my 300 BLKs...

It was too late to shoot when we got home...   Between the Rain and the Neighbors cows, I hope to get to put a few though it this weekend, either at my home range or the gun club, somewhere, I'm shooting it... 

Hopefully, I have a box of subsonic rounds somewhere....
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I did not have a lot of time, but I got to put 4 Supersonics rounds though it and 4 Subs (220 Gr) on a Steel plate at 100 Yards, with a Scope not even dialed in...  Only missed one...

I was TICKLED!!!  The sound of the spent casing bouncing off my outbuilding next to me and the round impacting the plate were much louder than the shots... 

Can't wait too get some more time with it. 
Time to start stocking the .300 Blk Subsonic deep.  Love this Can!!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I have been looking for a thread like this. I know this can is stupid quiet, that was a major goal.

How is the gas blowback? I am a left eye dominant, so am bit worried about gas to face.

I will take this can to a carbine/rifle course for a couple of days. Has anyone ran this can hard?

I am on the fence about the Q Thunder Chicken or this. This suppressor should be far more durable as it is inconel and steel vs titanium, correct?

Also what are the minimum barrel lengths for 300 sps?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have been looking for a thread like this. I know this can is stupid quiet, that was a major goal.

How is the gas blowback? I am a left eye dominant, so am bit worried about gas to face.

I will take this can to a carbine/rifle course for a couple of days. Has anyone ran this can hard?

I am on the fence about the Q Thunder Chicken or this. This suppressor should be far more durable as it is inconel and steel vs titanium, correct?

Also what are the minimum barrel lengths for 300 sps?
View Quote
Honestly, I never really thought about Blow back till you asked...  I mean, I did not even notice any at all, so it never crossed  my mind to think about.  I have felt the Sting or annoyance of Blow back on other cans...  It's livable, but does suck...

I was planning on getting one of those Gas Buster Charging handles but at this point I do not see the need for it...  

Mine is currently on a 9" BCM...  Before I bought the upper, I had called Surefire and talked to them about it and they said I should have no issues with that upper and Can. Also talked to a Surefire rep on Silencer talk or one of the other forums....  He said the same thing...

Not sure of the exact rating... I always thought that wa kinda sketchy that some vendors to not just list that in their specs...  Seems like it would be easier...

I know on their page it says.
  • Capable of being fired on 5.56 through .300WM bolt actions systems.
  • Full-Auto rated on .300BLK Sub- and Supersonic ammunition.

I've heard of folks using it on .308 and really liking it...  I'll be trying it on one, as soon as I get (yet another Brake) for my Remington 700 SPS .308...  Also want to try it on a few 5.56s to see if its any more quite than my 556-RC, just for comparison...  

Other than the end plate new shape/design, it really feels exactly the same as my 556-RC, which I really like too...  I've shot it on 5.56s from 9" to 18" and Bolt guns as well...  Solid Can...

I'm guessing you've already looked there, but here is the link to S.F.s page on it...
http://www.surefire.com/socom300-sps-2.html

I bought mine from Silencer Shop and true to my luck, the Price dropped a bit.... 
https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/7-62mm-rifle/surefire-socom-300-sps.html?

Do it!!!!  :)
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Your opinion means a lot as you have rounds through the can and you are happy with it. If you haven't even thought about gas, that means it it is probably not an issue. Being a lefty makes me paranoid. I put rounds through 10.5 in Daniel Defense, it was gassy, but actually like that smell. It reminds me the time I spent in the Army. I just know it is bad for my health.

Currently the can is going on my 308 AR. I am planning a custom 300 blackout 8 inch SBR. Silent capture spring, delayed unlocking bolt, adjustable gas block, custom made  barrel and a quality billet receiver set.  That or I will buy a BCM sbr and rebarrel it with custom barrel. Not sure which route yet.

Does anyone have the minimal barrel length info?

Thank you for your help and time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top