Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2017 1:31:48 PM EDT
I have an 805 bren. If you have one, you know the issue. Long threads.

I need a spacer for this. It doesnt need to index on anything, just cover the threads. 14x1LH preferred. Ive already contacted TROS, and they arent interested. The flash hider indexes on the muzzle. I just need to cover the threads. Iv'e seen this done before - Does anyone know where I can get this done?

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of people on eBay make a variety of thread protectors. Might be worth contacting a few of them and see what they may do.

I have a machinist that I know could handle it (same one making Omega direct thread adapters, end caps, and other stuff), but I have no idea what his turnaround would be. I can only say it would be high quality and low cost. Let me know if you want his info.
View Quote
Waylon, yes please. Tros has no interest. Really since the Griffin flash hider indexes on the muzzle it's just cosmetic.

Eta, I bought the kns adapter, but didn't want to use it, because I didn't want to stack adaptors
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
No interest in modifying? Seems like a half asses solution on a project that I'm sure is approaching $3k

No offense intended
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No interest in modifying? Seems like a half asses solution on a project that I'm sure is approaching $3k

No offense intended
View Quote
Modifying what? The barrel? I wanted to leave it oem length. I suppose you could cut the barrel back an inch or two?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I had PMM cut and rethread my barrel to the much more common 1/2 x 28.  Works great.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer to keep the oem thread pitch.

200 bucks seems really high to cut a barrel down an inch.

I don't see any issues with a spacer - thread protector that takes up that space when the flash hider mount indexes on the muzzle.

The project is nowhere near 3k. More like 1500.  The can goes on 3 or 4 different guns. I only paid 1200 for the 805 when I bought it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I prefer to keep the oem thread pitch.

200 bucks seems really high to cut a barrel down an inch.

I don't see any issues with a spacer - thread protector that takes up that space when the flash hider mount indexes on the muzzle.

The project is nowhere near 3k. More like 1500.  The can goes on 3 or 4 different guns. I only paid 1200 for the 805 when I bought it.
View Quote
Morgan at Class III marching should be able to do that for under $100 shipped
@eastTXhunter
Keep 14mm, just shorten to .600"
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Morgan at Class III marching should be able to do that for under $100 shipped
@eastTXhunter
Keep 14mm, just shorten to .600"
View Quote
Wh do you say.600? Have you done the same thing?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wh do you say.600? Have you done the same thing?
View Quote
Not even close but isn't .600 normal thread length?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not even close but isn't .600 normal thread length?
View Quote
Not sure. It indexes on the muzzle though, so I'd think depth of the device is more limiting. The shoulder is not usable, because it's tapered
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:55:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not sure. It indexes on the muzzle though, so I'd think depth of the device is more limiting. The shoulder is not usable, because it's tapered
View Quote
I sent you an IM, the gunsmith I used for my spacer does stuff for CZ on the side and also does stuff for GA Precision (a lot of stuff).
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh look - its my spacer.

Will follow up when I get it.

I hope alumahyde works OK on it, its about all ive got lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top