Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 9:24:07 PM EDT
Looking for input from actual owners of suppressor covers.   I run a 10.5" SBR with a Suppressed Armament Systems Sentinel Ti can, and that sucker gets burning hot in as little as 20 rounds.     I need a cover to prevent burns when doing transition drills.

So far, Ive checked out covers from Rifles Only, and Cole Tac.    Im open to other brands if anyone has experience with them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Tab gear - sas R
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're trying to keep yourself from being burned, either the Manta or Griptastic would probably work best.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the rifles only HAD or HADD?? 

I lke it, lately I've used it more just to cover the can so I can go home without having to wait for it to cool off. 
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I run a Griptastic, simple and works well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Supposedly the HAD is the most heat resistant cover since even the cord that holds it on is flame resistant, whereas others will melt the straps even if the cover jacket is holding up.  The jacket is rated to 2000° and the liner is rated to 3000°.  If the HAD fails, your can is probably toast anyway.  I'm not a huge fan of the cord lock for securement and will likely try to find a small clamp of some kind that doesn't rely on spring pressure.  I just crossed the free end under the last wrap a couple times for supplemental friction and it seems secure. 

I haven't shot with it yet but I trust Rifles Only to make a good product.

The ATACS pattern looks good, too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looking for input from actual owners of suppressor covers.   I run a 10.5" SBR with a Suppressed Armament Systems Sentinel Ti can, and that sucker gets burning hot in as little as 20 rounds.     I need a cover to prevent burns when doing transition drills.

So far, Ive checked out covers from Rifles Only, and Cole Tac.    Im open to other brands if anyone has experience with them.
View Quote

honestly man look into burn proof gear full auto rated covers and built to order for your specific silencer, have their heavy saker cover and i can shoot 3 mags thru it and grab the cover and be fine. take a look
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the Manta suppressor cover. It looks like it's ribbed for her pleasure, but has held up well to full-auto fire. 
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

honestly man look into burn proof gear full auto rated covers and built to order for your specific silencer, have their heavy saker cover and i can shoot 3 mags thru it and grab the cover and be fine. take a look
View Quote
This is true.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input guys.    I will check out the listed products.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I have Rifles Only, Coletac, and Bowers Griptastic.  For SBRs and harder use stuff I use the Griptastic.  I prefer the Coletac to Rifles Only as I find they stay in place better.

Once the Griptastic is on, it does not move.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the silencerco Cover and it lasted a few mags before being shot off on the first trip.

The bowers griptastic I have constantly slides forward on my can and is incredibly frustrating.

Both sit in a box and collect dust. Done wasting money on covers. YMMV

Edit: A buddy of mine melted his Silencerco cover as well (no full auto or anything like that)
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I ended up ordering a Rifles Only H.A.D. cover.   It was rated for the highest temperature and I got 10% off which helped a bit.    It should be here in a few days.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have the silencerco Cover and it lasted a few mags before being shot off on the first trip.

The bowers griptastic I have constantly slides forward on my can and is incredibly frustrating.

Edit: A buddy of mine melted his Silencerco cover as well (no full auto or anything like that)
View Quote
Were they for a Specwar 762 or 556k?  If so I could take those off your hands
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true.
You guys are going to put me in the poor house. Picked up a heavy. 
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I use the Bower's Griptastic on my Specwar 556 on an 11.5" SBR and I shoot it quite a lot, never budged on my at all.  Not sure how it could slide unless an oversized one was on the can.  I got the 1.5" diameter one if I recall correctly, and it took effort to get, coming off isn't happening.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I like the Manta suppressor cover. It looks like it's ribbed for her pleasure, but has held up well to full-auto fire. 
View Quote
The Manta is ugly and bulky, but its effectiveness cannot be disputed. I ran four or five mags back to back, getting the can VERY hot, and was still able to turn the suppressor back and forth on the mount with my bare hands. It wasn't comfortable to hold my hand on the cover, but it was possible to tighten or loosen the can without injury. It seemed to cool off quickly, as well.

Unlike the bag-type covers, the Manta and Bowers covers have inner diameter channels for cooling.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm going to try the Rifles Only cover, mirage sucks when shooting long range.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm going to try the Rifles Only cover, mirage sucks when shooting long range.
View Quote
That was the reason I got mine. 
After a few shots it was hard to make out targets passed 800 yards. 
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is this on a Saker and was it the 1.5" Bowers cover?  

I talked to someone at Bowers and they said because of the step down on the can, they've had people report that their 1.375" covers stay put whereas the 1.5" won't.

I've had the 1.5" slide off my Saker multiple times but it stays put on my Hybrid just fine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:58:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Bowers griptastic...

all of my suppressors..

it works great...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Cole-Tac
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Here ya go, the hall of shame. These were used on Specwar 556k and SW762

Im not calling anyone a liar..but we shoot quite a bit and these have failed us.

Maybe they are all defective Or maybe when they sit in the safe, they all work great

YMMV

As stated earlier:
#1 was shot off almost immediately (yes, it was properly installed)
#2 was burned up by a semi auto
#3 flat does not stay on the can, constantly falling off..curling edges etc.  Frustrating.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#23]
+1 for the Bowers Griptastic / SUPCOV as a good option, within its limitations.

They are very tight when they are put on a cool can. It is definitely possible to warm them up enough to shoot them loose / off - but it's only happened to me in very long / rapid strings of fire (like 2-3 mags in very fast succession). As far as I can tell, you cannot burn or melt it.

As a mirage cover for precision fire, they are great at mitigating it, but again, dependent upon your rate of fire (you will start to get mirage off your barrel and rail if you're really burning ammo fast).

I also really like them as a safety feature - have saved myself from serious burns several times.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Here ya go, the hall of shame. These were used on Specwar 556k and SW762

Im not calling anyone a liar..but we shoot quite a bit and these have failed us.

Maybe they are all defective Or maybe when they sit in the safe, they all work great

YMMV

As stated earlier:
#1 was shot off almost immediately (yes, it was properly installed)
#2 was burned up by a semi auto
#3 flat does not stay on the can, constantly falling off..curling edges etc.  Frustrating.

http://i.imgur.com/6rew3hk.jpg
View Quote
Have you checked the ACTUAL outside diameter of your suppressor with calipers?  My supposed 1.5" can is really about 1.43".  I had to go to the 1.375 Bowers cover for it to stay on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top