Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 9:34:04 AM EDT
Looking to buy my first .22 suppressor, and these are the candidates. Priced the same. I know the Q is brand new so there's probably not a lot of firsthand knowledge. I also know the Mask is one of the top rated rimfire cans available. What say the hive?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Mask HD on a M&P .22. Love it. It was seriously plug and play. I haven't changed anything on the pistol (except adding the adapter).
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Mask been shooting it for many months now great suppressor. I have a El Camino pending form 4 right now. I would have to say order the Mask I just like  it's shorter length better and overall it's a awesome can period. El Camino is really new not many users out there yet for feedback. That said Kevin Q's owner isn't a brand new by any means to building suppressors  and the El Camino has everything to make it one of the top rimfire cans on the market right now.from the numbers I've seen I also believe the El Camino might meter a touch quieter than the Mask on paper if that matters to you. Tone wise the Mask has a great deep tone I haven't had the chance to demo my Camino yet
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The Mask is shorter and the El Camino is lighter.

Industry reviews of the El Camino seem positive so performance-wise, you should be fine with either can.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I was already leaning towards the Mask as it's more of a known commodity, and I'm 15 mins from Dead Air here in GA. I'll wait until the El Camino's start to get out into the wild and see what the verdict is. I can always pick one up later on.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Dead Air Mask for the win!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I just picked my first can last week. It was a Dead Air mask. I love it. I am thinking about buying a second so I can shoot with my daughter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Mask hands down.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#9]
You could get the new AAC Halcyon. It was just released yesterday, brand new.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/25/aac-halcyon/

All-titanium shielded baffles, modular length, and has a very unique system that prevents the mount from walking out of the suppressor. Should be to dealers in the next 60-90 days, if you can wait.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Mask all day long and twice on Sundays.  Mike Pappas is a humble hard worker.  Brittingham is a cocky asshole.  

I shot the El Camino.  It looks like a painted PVC pipe.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Mask and really like it. With that said I have an El Camino in jail. As mentioned it's lighter and I like the the fact it does not have a removable read mount. My only complaints with the Mask are it feels "dense" for it's size and the rear cap can unscrew when trying to remove from the host.

My conclusion though is that either can will be great.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd probably would have said Mask either way but considering this...

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... I'm 15 mins from Dead Air here in GA.
View Quote
You are a flat out idiot if you don't buy the Mask!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I spent some time with the El Camino and did a review of it, good can and it sounds good as well but the PVD finish sucks.  The only reason I can think they went with PVD was because the OD is .99" and a cerakote would have pushed it into the 1.0 range and they couldn't have claimed the under 1" diameter.

I have heard a lot of great things about the Mask but I haven't had a chance to test and use one myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top