Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2017 4:53:31 PM EDT
I have not taken my Liberty Constitution apart for about 400 rounds.  I cannot get it to break free, I have the tool in a vice and I am turning it by hand.  It normally come apart easily, I put anti-seize on the threads.  What advice can anyone give, soak it for a while, heat it up?  Thanks for all your help.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Try kroil, crc freeze-off, or loctite freeze and release. You could try freezing it in the freezer or boiling it in water as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Should I soak the whole thing or just the back end?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Soak the whole thing, it wont hurt it. It will just try and help loosen everything up hopefully.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#4]
in addition to the other advice, a strap wrench really helps if you haven't tried one yet.

They carry them in most hardware stores and they're online everywhere. You want one that'll fit a 1.5" diameter "pipe".
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
How long do I need to let it soak for?  I have Kroil, CBC Freeze off and Schafers Pentrol 90, can I mix them?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I would just choose one. Not that mixing would hurt, but just letting it soak overnight should be more than fine. Like the other user suggested a strap wrench is a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I let it soak overnight in Kroil, no luck getting it lose with a strap wrench.  How much longer should I let it sit?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Try heat or freezing the can. I don't think soaking it longer is going to help if it already soaked overnight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top