Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 9:55:04 PM EDT
I have a SiCo hybrid and using a keymo. If I read right, 2 drops of rocksett or more? Is there enough to do 2 flash hiders in the small little vial tube pack from aac?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a SiCo hybrid and using a keymo. If I read right, 2 drops of rocksett or more? Is there enough to do 2 flash hiders in the small little vial tube pack from aac?
View Quote

All of it. You won't regret using too much rocksett.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

All of it. You won't regret using too much rocksett.
View Quote
Until you have to remove the mount.  

2 drops is fine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Until you have to remove the mount.  

2 drops is fine.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure your Rocksett is good as well. It should flow freely. If it's gummy, throw it away. The single-use packets seem to be troublesome more often than not.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#6]
None.  

Torque > Rocksett
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Well my game plan is torque it until I figure out my shin stack height at torque, then remove and rocksett the threads at torque so the index is top dead center.

I ordered a new bottle as I have a few to do, but my main concern is if I ever have to take the muzzle device off so I'm glad 2 drops is happy for the setup.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Not to hijack - but how do you get a mount off once it has been rocksett'd to hell?  Have a KAC nt4 mount that needs to come off and I'm pretty sure I used almost half the little bottle it came with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#10]
thats kind of contrary to what i hear. Rocksett is opposite of locktite. Soak it in water overnight. Rocksett is water soluble where as heat doesnt touch it but then again ive never tried, just what i hear
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
thats kind of contrary to what i hear. Rocksett is opposite of locktite. Soak it in water overnight. Rocksett is water soluble where as heat doesnt touch it but then again ive never tried, just what i hear
View Quote
This is one of those instances where practical knowledge (doing) far outweighs theoretical knowledge (reading/listening).

Anyone who has ever tried to remove a 51T from a factory built AAC upper can relate.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you can't get it off with a wrench and brute force, you'll need to heat it.
View Quote
No.  Don't heat it.  Just use the proper tools and some muscle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
None.  

Torque > Rocksett
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
None.  

Torque > Rocksett
View Quote
This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Rocksett is more about heat resistance, it doesn't take a lot of torque to remove.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:48:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This
View Quote
After breaking a barrel extension index pin (even after soaking) trying to remove my trek t i have to agree. I used around 2 drops.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Following the proper torque specs.
View Quote
And what exactly is the proper torque spec? I've seen 15-20 ft-lbs mentioned often but that doesn't say if that with a crush washer, peel washer or in the case of my ASR FH, no washer? Does it vary per device installed?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And what exactly is the proper torque spec? I've seen 15-20 ft-lbs mentioned often but that doesn't say if that with a crush washer, peel washer or in the case of my ASR FH, no washer? Does it vary per device installed?
View Quote
Generally ~ 30 ft-lbs torque for a 5.56 muzzle device, using shims if you're timing it.

~ 35 ft-lbs for 7.62 muzzle devices.

Don't use a crush washer for a QD suppressor mount muzzle device.  Bad juju-magumbo.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Generally ~ 30 ft-lbs torque for a 5.56 muzzle device, using shims if you're timing it.

~ 35 ft-lbs for 7.62 muzzle devices.

Don't use a crush washer for a QD suppressor mount muzzle device.  Bad juju-magumbo.
View Quote
Dead Air recently told me 30-35 on 762
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not to hijack - but how do you get a mount off once it has been rocksett'd to hell?  Have a KAC nt4 mount that needs to come off and I'm pretty sure I used almost half the little bottle it came with.
No you don't heat rocksett to loosen it, thats the point of rocksett... to resist heat. Freezing it works. It makes it brittle. As in putting the upper in the freezer over night.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I used boiling water to start and then let it soak.  I keep the torque on the low side...  geez with 35 lbs, I don't you would need anything thread sealant.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Rocksett came today. FH came yesterday. This weekend, we install. Tuesday, we pick up hybrid. Tuesday night involves finger banging said gun
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Rocksett came today. FH came yesterday. This weekend, we install. Tuesday, we pick up hybrid. Tuesday night involves finger banging said gun
View Quote
Make sure you degrease the threads on the barrel and the FH before you apply rockset
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, I saw that. Probably going to use some brake cleaner or something similar as I used some aeroshell on the fh before
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I do one drop. When it comes to rocksett less is more.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This is one of those instances where practical knowledge (doing) far outweighs theoretical knowledge (reading/listening).

Anyone who has ever tried to remove a 51T from a factory built AAC upper can relate.
View Quote
Them AAC factory built uppers with the 51T are just impossible to remove.
Water by itself didn't work, heat didn't work, brute force just broke the extension pin.

Ended up heating it to about 200F, then soaking it in water, using the capillary action to suck the water in, is what got it finally off.

One drop is all I ever use after cleaning the threads with contact cleaner.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
One drop is all I ever use after cleaning the threads with contact cleaner.
View Quote
I'm starting to believe this. I'm thinking if I'm torquing it properly with shims, 2 drops is redundant and 1 drop is safe hopefully
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Arfcom loves pictures. The rifle with the Dead air fh on it. The excitement is building to bring home the can and see how she looks and feels

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Them AAC factory built uppers with the 51T are just impossible to remove.
Water by itself didn't work, heat didn't work, brute force just broke the extension pin.
View Quote
Geissele Reaction Rod
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I was using a Magpul Bev block with a bolt carrier body in the back to keep it centered.

I tried so damn hard not to bust anything.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Shit don't tell me it busted with a Bev block. I sold my reaction rod a year ago when it came with a rail on Black Friday and just got a bev block a little while ago kicking myself.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Use a reaction Rod in a vice, put a cleaning patch between the wrench and device flats to keep it tight then add elbow grease torque. If it still won't move hit the wrench with a deadblow hammer and it should break free. That's always worked for me. Two drops of rocksett is more than enough.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Reaction Rod.
Blackout FH Installation Tool.
Breaker Bar
Heat.
Deadblow if it is being stubborn.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, I'm in love with the DEad air key-mo. This weekend is going to be fun. First rifle can... I know it won't be quiet but it's been a long wait and I'm excited to throw it on the slr107 next

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top