Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 1:55:08 PM EDT
Picked up my 9s this week and while I already have a 229 with a threaded barrel I keep thinking about a new host.

The Current Contenders:

Glock 43
SIG 938
Colt lightweight commander 9mm with Ed Brown barrel

What says everyone, anything fun I'm leaving out? Anyone else have a 9s? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
My favorite 9S host is a Glock 34.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the P938...Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 9s and it's probably my favorite 9mm can.  It usually does duty on a Glock 19 and it "fits" well.

And it's pretty cool on a Glock 26.....

Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my 19 with my full size titant, I bet the s would be even better. I love my 9mm 1911 suppressed even more then my 19...

James
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
That's a sexy setup right there!

Glad to hear you are happy with your 9S.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a 9s and it's probably my favorite 9mm can.  It usually does duty on a Glock 19 and it "fits" well.
View Quote
I have a 9s and it's my only 9mm can.  It always does duty on a Glock 19 and it "fits" great!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I found a good deal on a P938 Scorpion threaded at my LGS...but when I when I handled it...the safety on the ejector side pinched my hand...so I decided to pass.  I'm also still looking a subcompact host for the my 9s..until then, the 9s gets used on a P228:

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too  

I didn't think I'd use it with my 34 as much as I do, but I guess I shoot my 34 the most so it makes sense.

If there was a reasonably priced threaded barrel for my shield I'd try it for shits and giggles.  I also have toyed with the idea of a beretta 84.  Seems like it'd be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
SilencerCo has a special piston for the P938 and the Glock 43...does the TiRant require a special piston for the P938?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SilencerCo has a special piston for the P938 and the Glock 43...does the TiRant require a special piston for the P938?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Nope. Ran like a sewing machine after the pistol was broken in.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
No. The Ti-Rant pistons have an internal index.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Me too  

I didn't think I'd use it with my 34 as much as I do, but I guess I shoot my 34 the most so it makes sense.

If there was a reasonably priced threaded barrel for my shield I'd try it for shits and giggles.  I also have toyed with the idea of a beretta 84.  Seems like it'd be interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too  

Don't do it. I bought one in .380 and the wall thickness is not thick enough to thread and machine an adapter to. .22LR you could get away with.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#13]
If you're a fan of Beretta centerfire blowbacks, try the model 81 in .32 instead of the .380's. There's plenty of barrel to thread and .32 sounds shockingly good through a Ti-Rant 9.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't do it. I bought one in .380 and the wall thickness is not thick enough to thread and machine an adapter to. .22LR you could get away with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too  

Well crap.  That was really my only idea for a 380 suppressed plinker.

Mike, I dont need to add 32 to the ammo inventory lol, having 380 is barely justified for my rarely carried lcp...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Because of this thread I went to the local range and test fired the G43 and the P938.  I really like the G43's ergos...but I grouped much better with the P938.  I'm leaning towards the G43 as a TiRant 9s host.

I've had the 9s and a VP9 with Silencerco Threaded barrel for awhile now...but never shot the combo till yesterday...WOW.  For me, the VP9 is a real pleasure to shoot compared with my buddy's G19...its a real tack driver for me...really can't miss what your aiming at.  With the TiRant 9s...other than the weird sight picture...recoil is very low, groups are tight and no blowback...I really like this combo.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you're a fan of Beretta centerfire blowbacks, try the model 81 in .32 instead of the .380's. There's plenty of barrel to thread and .32 sounds shockingly good through a Ti-Rant 9.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
View Quote
And this is why I miss our talks.  

I still have that thing for you. Hit me up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Because of this thread I went to the local range and test fired the G43 and the P938.  I really like the G43's ergos...but I grouped much better with the P938.  I'm leaning towards the G43 as a TiRant 9s host.

I've had the 9s and a VP9 with Silencerco Threaded barrel for awhile now...but never shot the combo till yesterday...WOW.  For me, the VP9 is a real pleasure to shoot compared with my buddy's G19...its a real tack driver for me...really can't miss what your aiming at.  With the TiRant 9s...other than the weird sight picture...recoil is very low, groups are tight and no blowback...I really like this combo.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/richm2004/IMG_3411_DPP.jpg
View Quote
What a good looking ensemble!

I've yet to have the pleasure of firing a Ti-Rant 9 variant on a VP9, so it is refreshing to hear that the two play well together and you are happy with the overall experience and the minimal blowback.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Top Top