Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/19/2017 9:57:12 PM EDT
What is it? Doesn't have to be the quietest.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think its the Delta P Brevis II Ultra.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

SAS Eadrom almost as light but two inches longer
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Delta p design Brevis II ultra

Direct thread 3.7" and 6.5oz, it's 3D printed titanium. It's technically not rated for full auto but I do Mag dumps with mine all the time. It's not the quietest suppressor on the market but Def comparable to a full sized suppressor.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've always enjoyed my AAC Mini556.

Not the lightest or shortest but recesses over mount and only adds a little over 2", is light enough, more robust than titanium, and still has the benefit of quick detachment.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the mini4 I'm still waiting on mine. But it's a good price for a compact 5.56 can
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The Brevis is definitely the shortest, but also probably the fattest and runs somewhere near $1500.  As someone else mentioned the SAS Eadrom is 5.5" long (adds only 4') and weighs 9 oz (goes for just under $1k).  There's also the Innovative Arms Grunt Mini which is only 5" long, but is direct thread and weighs 13 oz ($500-$600 range).
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]
direct thread omega with a flat end cap is 6". not sure about the weight
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Brevis is definitely the shortest, but also probably the fattest and runs somewhere near $1500.  As someone else mentioned the SAS Eadrom is 5.5" long (adds only 4') and weighs 9 oz (goes for just under $1k).  There's also the Innovative Arms Grunt Mini which is only 5" long, but is direct thread and weighs 13 oz ($500-$600 range).
View Quote

Last I checked Mile High in Colorado had the older Eadrom on closeout at or below $500.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Last I checked Mile High in Colorado had the older Eadrom on closeout at or below $500.
View Quote
they still did as of last week
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
3.2oz, 3.28" OAL, 7oz and $125.

Also no stamp. Since you don't care about sound and all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
3.2oz, 3.28" OAL, 7oz and $125.

Also no stamp. Since you don't care about sound and all.
View Quote

Screw that heavy thing, just go with a bare muzzle. 0 oz, 0", $0.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Trek T is a decent option at 5.7 inches and 10 oz.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:30:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:19:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Nobody going to say Surefire Mini?  Definitely takes the edge off, but its better on my 16" barreled Aug than anything shorter.

Trek T is probably the shortest and lightest that is hearing safe on anything short.

I like the Surefire, but I pretty much run it on 16" barreled bullpups or my SBR'd PS90.  If it was my one and only 5.56 can I would probably be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
direct thread omega with a flat end cap is 6". not sure about the weight
View Quote

Iirc, with Ti DT module and endcap weight is 11.1oz and 13.3oz with OEM DT and flat endcap. These weights were posted in the Omega Modularity thread.

JPK
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#16]
honorable mention goes to the gemtech trek-T, weighing in at 10.7 ounces and 5.7"
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm happy with my SOCOM mini, doesn't do as much as my SOCOM-RC, but.. duh.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
honorable mention goes to the gemtech trek-T, weighing in at 10.7 ounces and 5.7"
View Quote

after looking at all of them I got the trek-for the features its the best IMO.

weight/sound/quality all what I wanted-price didn't matter
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]
If the Brevis is too expensive, the Amtac CQB also only adds 3.7" to the end of the barrel for about half the price.  It is 20 oz but I don't know how that compares from the shooter's perspective as most of the weight is behind the muzzle.  The user reports I've seen indicate it doesn't produce a noticeable increase in backpressure.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#23]
20z is heavy no matter where you hang it. Given their volume I dont doubt those have much less of an effect on backpressure than the shorter stuff being discussed here. Their baffle design is certainly interesting considering the types being used in most if not all other established brands.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tag cause I want something for Run & Gun on my 12" 5.56.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure we've both run the same events. Just an observation, doing those run n guns with cans is a pain in the ass when the can is hot and you have to sling the rifle for an obstacle or pistol stage. I don't take mine to those events anymore.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sucks they don't make them anymore.  I have one. Its sweet on my LW 20".
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Any thoughts on the aem2 (or m4s)?  
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a Delta P Design Brevis II Ultra on order to use with my 12.5" Mid.  Talking to the owner Byron, I shouldn't be able to tell a difference between a full size 556 can and the Brevis II Ultra on the 12.5" barrel.  While it will be noticeably louder with barrels shorter than 12" so I'm hoping that it works out that way.
View Quote
I've compared mine side by side with a Trek-T and a YHM Phantom and didn't notice much difference. It has a slightly different ton/pitch but every suppressor is a little different. While the can is very short its width gives it a large internal volume. It handles and feels like a "Mini" suppressor but performs like a full sized suppressor.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've compared mine side by side with a Trek-T and a YHM Phantom and didn't notice much difference. It has a slightly different ton/pitch but every suppressor is a little different. While the can is very short its width gives it a large internal volume. It handles and feels like a "Mini" suppressor but performs like a full sized suppressor.
View Quote
Do you think there is enough difference in weight and length between the Brevis and Trek to justify the price difference?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

have one in jail. how much do you take it off/clean?  I don't own any direct thread
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do you think there is enough difference in weight and length between the Brevis and Trek to justify the price difference?
View Quote

I think the Trek-T is $700 and the Brevis is $1400
Would you pay $700 to have your firearm be 2" shorter and 3.8oz lighter?
The weight and length is noticeably different compared to the Trek-T but my rifle only weighs 7 lbs with a loaded mag so a few extra oz at the end of a pencil barrel is noticeable. Doubt you would notice the difference on a 8-12 lb rifle with a heavy barrel.
The trek-t is a great suppressor and is what I started with, you wouldn't be disappointed with it.
I decided to upgrade when I replaced my SBR lower with a transferable M16 lower. I didnt care what the price, it was all part of building my dream gun and have the best accessories possible.
Personally I would never spend that much on a plinking/fun gun. I use my Trek-T and Harvester 30 on my other rifles as price is more of a driving factor than weight and length.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a Griffin Spartan 3 on my 12" 5.56. Really decent can for the money. I believe it is around 6" and 12.5oz.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:06:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have a Griffin Spartan 3 on my 12" 5.56. Really decent can for the money. I believe it is around 6" and 12.5oz.
View Quote

I'm considering a Spartan 3 for my boy's AR, so I'm curious what you mean by "really decent can for the money". I spent double the money for an Omega that I only plan to use as a direct thread. Other than more modularity, what am I giving up compared to an Omega?

Edit: I bought the Omega (and the Ti flat cap and DT adapter) for basically the same purpose as the OP. I wanted the shortest lightest silencer I could get, but I still I wanted future flexibility for the first can. I'd consider buying a 2nd Omega but my SOT a mile away has Spartan 3's in stock for $450, which is about as much as I want hanging off the end of a 9 yr olds AR.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Surefire Mini is pretty short QD can.  The Saker K with a direct thread mount is close in length to the SF Mini and is rated down to 7" barrels.  Both are a bit on the heavy side..but they are short.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
have one in jail. how much do you take it off/clean?  
View Quote

uh never

I never clean rifle cans except 22lr

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/318730_Want-to-see-a-HALO-thats-been-on-a-10-M16-for-5-years-.html
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
have one in jail. how much do you take it off/clean?  

uh never

I never clean rifle cans except 22lr

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/318730_Want-to-see-a-HALO-thats-been-on-a-10-M16-for-5-years-.html

This.  I haven't found a good way to clean my Surefire SOCOMs, and I don't stress about it at all.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I stumbled upon a new one (to me) today: Ballista Suppressor from Riverman Gunworks

Don't know anything more than what they show on their web site, but it looks interesting... sounds like they are using a design from a New Zealand manufacturer (Hardy Rifle Engineering).  5" beyond the barrel, 3" over the barrel, 13.6 oz, 29 db suppression, $1,095.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How about a Thunder Beast 6.5 Ultra 5? Only 5" and 7.6 ounces. 
View Quote

A little surprised they only warranty .223 down to 11.5" barrels regardless of model.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm considering a Spartan 3 for my boy's AR, so I'm curious what you mean by "really decent can for the money". I spent double the money for an Omega that I only plan to use as a direct thread. Other than more modularity, what am I giving up compared to an Omega?

Edit: I bought the Omega (and the Ti flat cap and DT adapter) for basically the same purpose as the OP. I wanted the shortest lightest silencer I could get, but I still I wanted future flexibility for the first can. I'd consider buying a 2nd Omega but my SOT a mile away has Spartan 3's in stock for $450, which is about as much as I want hanging off the end of a 9 yr olds AR.
View Quote

I have both a Spartan 3 and an Omega. IMO the Spartan 3 is a hell of a can if you plan to dedicate it to one 5.56 rifle. It's not everything that the Omega is though because it gives you a ton more versatility since it is 30 cal and has all the mounting options. They both sound great and I am very happy with both.

I have the Spartan 3 on a dedicated 12" 5.56 and it sounds awesome. I use the Omega on pretty much everything else including 5.56, 300 blackout, 308 and soon to be 6.5 Grendel. The Omega was the first can I ever bought and IMO it can't be beat for everything it does at it's size and weight.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Surefire Micro for the win.

4 inch long.  With a swallow distance of 1.5 inches for the muzzel device, it only adds 2.5 inches to the length of the gun.

The Micro was part of their older line, and isn't currently made.  I belive not many made it to the civilian market - most were made for LE use as a moderator for close encounters.

I have one, and like it.  It's super short, and takes the blast down, and a lot of the noise.  Not down to .22 LR sound levels like a much bigger can - more like the difference between an unsupressed 10.5 inch bbl AR and a 16 inch one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have both a Spartan 3 and an Omega. IMO the Spartan 3 is a hell of a can if you plan to dedicate it to one 5.56 rifle. It's not everything that the Omega is though because it gives you a ton more versatility since it is 30 cal and has all the mounting options. They both sound great and I am very happy with both.

I have the Spartan 3 on a dedicated 12" 5.56 and it sounds awesome. I use the Omega on pretty much everything else including 5.56, 300 blackout, 308 and soon to be 6.5 Grendel. The Omega was the first can I ever bought and IMO it can't be beat for everything it does at it's size and weight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for that, that is the kind of first hand experience I've been wanting. I jumped on the $400 Hybrid deal, but if that falls apart I'll probably still grab a Spartan. Apologies for the hijack, OP.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Incredible, the SAS Eadrom was already mentioned twice in this thread and people just gloss right over it.
Truth is, it's the industry leader in this category, nothing else, yep nothing, can match it's combination of size, weight and sound reduction.
And I havent even mentioned it makes less backpressure than anything else out there.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Incredible, the SAS Eadrom was already mentioned twice in this thread and people just gloss right over it.
Truth is, it's the industry leader in this category, nothing else, yep nothing, can match it's combination of size, weight and sound reduction.
And I havent even mentioned it makes less backpressure than anything else out there.
View Quote
Who sells them?

I checked some of the online dealers and their website doesn't list dealers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Mile High Shooting Accessories in Colorado likely still had a few of the older model (non MX).

Their price was incredibly low when I bought mine last year and it may have dropped even more.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#47]
How low is low? Their non-MX is $490 right now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Wait for the MX.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:42:25 AM EDT
[#49]
What does the MX version provide over the non-MX?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
It may be somewhat quieter, but the Delta P Brevis II Ultra is 5.9 ounces (vs 9) and 3.7" (vs 5.5)

Everything is a trade off between price, weight, length and suppression, but I don't think it's appropriate to call the Eadrom the "definitive market leader".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top