Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2017 12:25:43 PM EDT
After 9+ month wait picked up my 7.62SD last night put it on my 18" 6.8 spc ar today and it shoots like shit on my normally very accurate rufle WTF do I have going on here? Everything is good and tight no baffle strikes or anything like that I'll post some pics in a few
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
2x3 shot groups suppressed

Same ammo unsuppressed this rifle is capable of better but i was starting to getting pissed at this point

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
If you load your own ammo go back and adjust the load. Do a ladder test.  

If you don't try some different ammo. You've altered the barrel harmonics and what you're seeing is a result of that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried 2 factory loads same results I do reload and  have everything for 6.8 but haven't started loading yet
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to life with the 51t mounting system.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I polish the contact edge (beveled edge) of all my 51t mounts to get the tightest fit on the next tooth. Should fix your problem. Pm me or Google it. Fixed my stringing problems.

Seriously though, 51t mounting system isn't as good as modern offerings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top