[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm waiting for HPA to pass myself.
View Quote

Can't. Tell. If. Serious.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:32:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I've purchased post 41F, but is was an SBS. The new process is such a pain in the butt. Dragging my wife to the sheriffs office and CVS for every sinking form is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:41:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Have 2 post 41 and still have 2 pre. Pushing a year on the oldest.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Welp got the first back in December after a 11 month F3 + F4 wait....

Some how seemed to forget how long it took and bought a Oculus, wanted a Spector II, but between transfer fees and local dealers around here wanting more than MSRP, quoted $395+ from 3 separate dealers (Yay Alaska! :( )  I just went ahead and bought from the SS, since it was within 25 bucks. Besides a modular .22 now I can be one of the cool kids with the latest and greatest. LOL
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Silencerco Omega, form 4 mailed last week and form 1, AR15 SBR, mailed last month. Photos and prints were easy as I got them done at Capitol Armory while I was picking up a Griffin Recce 5. All this with a trust.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not and probably will not buy anything post 41F. If HPA passes, great but otherwise my NFA purchase day are probably done.

ETA - If it wasn't for the 41F, I would not be waiting for the HPA. Even with the current wait times, you will likely get what you seek quicker (and maybe even cheaper) if you buy now as opposed to waiting for HPA to pass (which I personally wouldn't hold my breath on).
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've bought three since October, I'm not going to wait for the bill to pass. If it passes I'll get my cans right away, if not I'll get them sooner than the folks waiting to see if it does pass.
View Quote

That has been my thought process on it.

I kinda look at it as layaway for HPA. If it passes I will just go and pick them up. If it doesn't pass I will get mine way sooner than the poor chumps who have been waiting for HPA to happen.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I havent saved enough to buy something new,, but i will eventually.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
A friendly request - if you are actually "waiting for the HPA", consider donating at least $35 to the ASA and become a member.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#10]
41f didn't change my purchasing habits (didn't buy any before I knew it was coming, haven't bought any since).
At this point, I'm definitely waiting for the HPA. I'm content with what I have, but I do want more. Might F1 a can at some point if/when wait times go back down, but I definitely will F1 a can and maybe buy a retail can or two if/when the HPA passes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I have bought a Dead Air Mask, a second Ti-Rant 9, a SW76 and an M10A1 all post 41F.   I also have an integral MarkII that is coming up close to the year mark from when that adventure started.

I always submitted as an individual so post 41F is not much of a change for me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Waiting...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
For those waiting, how long are you willing to wait?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Waiting as well. 
If 41f wasn't in play I'd buy. Too much of a pain in the ass for me.
Have enough cans to hold me over. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm coordinating my first post-41f purchase with an Arfcom dealer right now.
I have a can I purchased in April 2016(?) and never filed before July. I'll get around to it eventually.

I may or may not just sit on both waiting for HPA. We shall see.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought post 41f but I'm not doing anymore NFA anything at these wait times.

As a side note, I'm not blaming the examiners. They are working hard under the rules they have to follow. What bothers me is how the archaic process has never been updated and/or there hasn't been a rule or law to impose a time limit for them to approve or deny. A 30, or even 60 day limit, would've forced the ATF to modernized and expand the NFA branch.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a silly question I would like to buy a can with a trust.  I am in Fl. Is there a minimum number of people I have to put on the trust?  I just want my wife and I to get prints and pictures.  My old trust has I think six or seven people on it and that was pre 41-f, before I moved, was married and I just have an SBR on there.  Thanks for the help.  Sorry for the ignorance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Indefinitely, or until wait times drop below 4 months, and suppressor prices drop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm currently waiting on my attorney to call me back and send me my trust.  First stop is bank to get it notarized, then make a few copies and lock the originals up, then the dealer to buy my first suppressor.  

I'm buying anyway I don't see the point in waiting.  If I'm waiting I may as well have what I want paid for and in jail--if it passes I know mine is already purchased and I don't have to deal with the crazy spike in demand that will occur right after, so I can go pick it up immediately without worry of my dealer being out of stock.  If it doesn't pass then I was waiting anyway and I'm that much closer to getting it.

Logically wait times will go down eventually.  If there really is such a huge downturn in the market with people waiting to see if the HPA passes that means once they clear the forms up to that point there will be fewer to process.  Yes I anticipate it will get slightly worse since they are still clearing up the 41F backlog, but they are getting close.  Once those are processed I'm interested in seeing if it improves at all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#20]
No, but I did buy two cans right before.

My LGS did everything to get set up for 41f, finger prints and photos.

Main reason is the wait. I'm at 9 months for one. Fuck that.

I had a paper form 4 back in 30 days once, that was a much better time
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I spent the majority of my disposable income for gun stuff pre 41f.

However, my company owns Blackhawk and just this week provided employee prices   and I will be buying several (which is well below Silencerco SPEQ pricing).  Otherwise I would be making my first pre-41f purchase next month.

The wait times definitely impacted me as well, but I also believe times will decrease in the next few months so want to get in line.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got my Optimus in November. Now I am saving up/waiting a little bit before I inform the Mrs we need a Recce 7.

I'll be honest I was going to wait for the HPA when people were saying it was a sure thing and would happen quick. Now realizing it may take longer and there are pretty much no down sides to buying pre-HPA except filing forms and paying money will be counted as income tax paid I see no reason to wait if I was ready and wanting to buy now.

I wonder how many people are saying "oh ya, I am not buying because of 41F." But are actually just waiting for HPA and not wanting to get called out...
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#23]
bought a surefire 300 sps a week before the election sent the paperwork out a month ago they still haven't charged my card waiting on an aem5 as well, will be close on passing in april hopefully right before summer!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Waiting on five stamps from last spring and summer- both 1's and 4's.  Not really interested in more until I get what's already in the pipeline and shoot them for a while.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Bought a Mask in early Jan, showed up at the dealer today.  I plan on being able to pick it up early 2018.  If he has a Rugged Obsidian in stock I may have to buy that when I'm down there to fill out the paperwork on the Mask 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Got my trust late in the evening on Wednesday, got it notarized yesterday morning and then went to my dealer in the afternoon and purchased a SilencerCo Omega.  They're doing my F4 which they needed to type up and I'm supposed to be going over there tomorrow to sign and do prints/photos.  Overall painless experience, though I wish I wasn't sitting here waiting to finish paperwork.  I spent about 15 minutes this morning carefully filling out my first F1 that I'm going to send in as well, so I don't see how they couldn't get to it by today.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Just purchased 2 today.  T -365 and counting.  Have several in jail so will have a few to get me by until then.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I've ironically bought more suppressors after it than before it

Some good deals out there lately.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:25:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very true. Picked up a Mystic X late last year and I purchased an Osprey Micro today - $250 for the suppressor and $200 store credit is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:08:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Very true. Picked up a Mystic X late last year and I purchased an Osprey Micro today - $250 for the suppressor and $200 store credit is pretty awesome.
View Quote

Ahh! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't the Osprey micro discontinued?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, but so what?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are my Specwars and Sakers but I trust SilencerCo to keep on providing service or an alternate solution.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Dead Air Wolverine wasn't available pre 41F
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Nope.

8+ months is too much to me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#36]
No, but it has nothing to do with the HPA or 41F. I just haven't been on a suppressor buying kick. There's at least 3 or 4 that I want, but I just don't have the money for right now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#37]
If the wait time ever goes down to 4 months, I'll buy again. Want a YHM Turbo.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BINGO.

With a store credit less about 35% for the higher "retail" store prices, still got a specwar 556K for under $550 and that INCLUDES the stamp.

Always had a hankering for a smaller lightweight dedicated 5.56 can, and this deal put me over the edge where I couldn't say no (actually, the store credit really didn't have anything to do with it, found out about it after the fact, but it's only gravy now).

Wait a minute, that specwar is discontinued, isn't it?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top