Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 10:15:13 PM EDT
I accidentally purchased a XL length piston for my future Hybrid which I hope will be out of jail in the next few weeks. I googled the piston differences and could only find that you need to use the XL version on the Beretta 92 Handguns. I'm suppressing a Glock  and CZ SP-01 Tactical. Can I use the XL piston on these hosts or do I need to purchase a standard length piston?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It'll work fine, just a little longer.  Not sure how much longer exactly though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
its needed on the 92/96 because when slide moves back, the recoil guide extends forward into where the can would be
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure the hybrid is too heavy to function on the 92 with direct thread but using a booster is said to be detrimental
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Works fine and the added length is negligible.  I have forgotten to change it out when switching hosts and noticed no difference.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Great, thanks for all the responses. I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got a SC G26 barrel and regular 1/2x28 piston and when used in conjuction with an Octane 45K, it's ridiculously close to touching (and might be touching) the guide rod (standard Gen 4). No, I haven't shot it yet.

Just called SilencerCo and they said normal...? This doesn't seem normal, but they would know better than I would. I think the XL might help but they said it wasn't needed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The XL piston should work on your Glock & CZ, it will just be a little longer and there will be a larger gap between the muzzle and the suppressor. I used the XL piston on my G19 without an issue.

BTW, the XL piston is only needed if you thread a stock Beretta barrel. Aftermarket barrels usually have space to use a standard piston.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top