Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 1:39:50 AM EDT
Let's say a lot of gun shops start closing after the scumbag traitor steals the election and bans (but hopefully grandfathers) guns. What if the place holding a suppressor you have paid for and are waiting on the ATF closes what happens?  Does it get transferred to another ship?  Who would pay for that? Additional paperwork and time?

What if the bank shut the place down and took everything in it?  I've heard of that happening to customers stuff before and fighting in court isn't feasible due to the cost....

Just curiosity more than anything. Sorry if it's a dumb question.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#1]
To that part of your post which can be currently answered, paying by credit card can have significant advantages.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Let's say a lot of gun shops start closing after the scumbag traitor steals the election and bans (but hopefully grandfathers) guns. What if the place holding a suppressor you have paid for and are waiting on the ATF closes what happens?  Does it get transferred to another ship?  Who would pay for that? Additional paperwork and time?

What if the bank shut the place down and took everything in it?  I've heard of that happening to customers stuff before and fighting in court isn't feasible due to the cost....

Just curiosity more than anything. Sorry if it's a dumb question.
View Quote

I have heard of a few places shutting down while NFA transfers are pending and the ATF pulled the forms from the wait list, reviewed them early.

I theory they should be able to transfer via a form 3 which wouldn't cost anyone money.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
In spect cases you go to the front of the line. If it happens em masse like to 20% of shops, that's a whole new ball game IMHO
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Huh. Interesting. Makes sense I guess.

I paid with cash. Doh!  Lol
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Calm down! Hillary clearly stated in the last debate that she is pro 2A!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pro 2A:   Positively Reversing Our 2nd Amendment
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Most likely well outside the timeframe for a chargeback
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To that part of your post which can be currently answered, paying by credit card can have significant advantages.

The reason I use Discover:  No time limit on fraudulent charge claims.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely not true.

Chargeback timeframes are flexible. If the customer had received the can than it's outside the timeframes but if receiving the product comes with the stipulation that it'll take time then a chargeback can be done outside of traditional timeframes. It helps if you maintain record of communication with the dealer.

To the other poster, your credit card company would not consider it a fraudulent charge if the dealer closed, so it doesn't matter if you have Discover. The customer authorized the charge then the dealer closed, not fraudulent under credit card guidelines. Still, a CC company should be able to work it out for the customer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top