Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 9:05:54 PM EDT
Where can the SWR LCD device for an SWR Trident be found since SWR no longer exists?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
For a while Stalking Rhino Industries was making legacy Trident parts.  The last run was done back in January but they may still have some left over.

I believe they will do another run in the future but I would reach out to them to confirm

The other option, is I have heard/read reports that the Liberty Mystic has a very similar thread pattern to the Trident and that Mystic LIDs/fixed/& 3 lug mounts will attach to the Trident.

Obviously that is a void warranty maneuver with Liberty and I don't know if Silencerco still warranties Trident-9s anyway.   I have been tempted to purchase a Mystic 3 lug as my Trident 3 Lug has never been all that great (loose tolerances) and allows the can to wobble quite a bit in comparison to more modern three lug adapters I have from AAC.   Maybe somebody else can confirm if Mystic mounts fit the trident thread pattern.

Outside of those two option, you could always post a WTB add on Subguns/Sturm/EE with a pricetag that somebody out there can't refuse.   I know I have not used my Trident-9 LID for years as my trident is basically relagated to subgun use and assume somebody out there if offered the right price would let their LID go.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes the threads on the liberty mount fit the trident 9 but it is not warranted by anyone.  My trident 9 has been jailbroken and re-cored so I am not worried about the warranty. It was filled up and pretty useless.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Great to hear it fits, I will be ordering one!

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe somebody else can confirm if Mystic mounts fit the trident thread pattern.
View Quote

I have successfully run my Mystic with the Trident Uzi mount. Fit up was good, no baffle strikes, and all was well.

I have not tried shooting the Trident with Mystic mounts though, as I have all of the mounts I currently need for that can. I'll have to try screwing a Mystic LCD on the Trident and let you know what the fit up is like. I'm thinking it should be good, though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have successfully run my Mystic with the Trident Uzi mount. Fit up was good, no baffle strikes, and all was well.

I have not tried shooting the Trident with Mystic mounts though, as I have all of the mounts I currently need for that can. I'll have to try screwing a Mystic LCD on the Trident and let you know what the fit up is like. I'm thinking it should be good, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe somebody else can confirm if Mystic mounts fit the trident thread pattern.

Awesome! Thank You!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Houston, we have a problem.

The Mystic has a relatively deep blast chamber, and the booster takes up a good portion of this space. The Trident has a shorter blast chamber, so the booster sticks farther out the back end of the can.

What this means is a Trident booster will fit just fine on the Mystic, but the mystic booster will hit the blast baffle before the threads ever get a chance to engage the threads in the can. See below.

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
DARN!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to check, much appreciated!

Want to sell your SWR LCD device? Lol
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I speak to Stalking Rhino on the reg, to include today. He has extra SWR LCD in stock ready to ship. Give a call or email to order. Also, they plan on supporting legacy SWR products in the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FWIW...guy I occasionally shoot with here had his Trident recored to Octane baffles by Silencerco in the last couple months, at no charge. Uses all those mounts now.
View Quote

Interesting. Did your friend mention if he thought it sounded any different / better? Can it now be user disassembled?

Meaning it uses Octane mounts now?

I don't think I'd want to replace all 4 or 5 of my Trident mounts. I wonder if they'd switch to Octane baffles, but leave it so it still uses the Trident mounts?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I speak to Stalking Rhino on the reg, to include today. He has extra SWR LCD in stock ready to ship. Give a call or email to order. Also, they plan on supporting legacy SWR products in the foreseeable future.
View Quote

I will be calling them tomorrow in the am!!! THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Called Stalking Rhino a few times no answer so I left a message. I hope to hear back from them.

SilencerCo won't do the retro-fit of an SWR Trident to Octane Specs unless there is a baffle strike or internal damage to the Trident. But they do still warranty the SWR Trident so that is Awesome if that ever happens.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry about the bad info. My re-core lets the mystic LCD fit. The baffles are by SRI. It took forever but works great now.

Link Posted: 10/6/2016 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
autoweapons.com looks to have a some in stock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That may be what they said when you asked, but I can tell you that's not what happened with the one I know. He called to inquire about a cleaning under warranty, and they said no charge. When he sent it in, they offered to upgrade it, at no charge. No baffle strike or damage, just lead/carbon/whatever buildup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SilencerCo won't do the retro-fit of an SWR Trident to Octane Specs unless there is a baffle strike or internal damage to the Trident. But they do still warranty the SWR Trident so that is Awesome if that ever happens.

That may be what they said when you asked, but I can tell you that's not what happened with the one I know. He called to inquire about a cleaning under warranty, and they said no charge. When he sent it in, they offered to upgrade it, at no charge. No baffle strike or damage, just lead/carbon/whatever buildup.

They told me in the response email back to me to just let the suppressor soak in mineral spirits for 24 hours so guess I am out of luck lol

Still NO Response from Stalking Rhino also about the LCD device
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
autoweapons.com looks to have a some in stock.
View Quote

$250 for the LCD Device......... WOW!
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#19]
OP, check your PMs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top