Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2016 3:08:00 PM EDT
Purchased my first suppressor today and chose the rugged obsidian 45. I went in the store thinking of going for either the silencerco osprey or octane 45. It came down between the osprey and the obsidian. I chose the obsidian due to the fact I can change to a short suppressor and the great warranty. I paid $983 for everything including tax stamp, sales tax, and fingerprints/ photos. Now I am all set to wait for the next ~8 months! Any advice on how to make that easier?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
How to make the wait easier: Buy another NFA item.

You are doomed I tell ya.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!

Now forget all about it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
8 months? Good luck at that, lol.

By the way.  Indy or trust?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My first NFA purchase, several years ago, was a 90 day wait for the form 4.  
And it seemed like forrreevvvvveeeerrr.
Several started this January took about 5 months from mailing to receipt.
Won't know about the next ones until well into the next presidency.

Actually, I think the longest wait is when you learn the form is approved, and are waiting for it to show up in the dealers hands.

As far as the total wait -try to not think about it more than once or twice a day, and the total time will seem hours shorter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I find the easiest way to make the time go faster is not coming to the suppressor forum because every time I do it reminds me of the stamps I have waiting. As you can see I don't really listen to my own advice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent
Lol at 8 month estimate
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats and welcome to the addiction.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I did it as an individual. I am in Lincoln, NE where our Cleo wouldn't sign off on anything but 41f changed all that. As for the 8 month wait, the guys at the shop said 6-8 months so I figured 8 months and if it's earlier then that is just icing on the cake
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did it as an individual. I am in Lincoln, NE where our Cleo wouldn't sign off on anything but 41f changed all that. As for the 8 month wait, the guys at the shop said 6-8 months so I figured 8 months and if it's earlier then that is just icing on the cake
View Quote

right before 41f hit i think the atf was 200k forms behind. don't be surprised if its 12-16 months by now
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Forget about the can. I tortured myself thinking about my first NFA item by thinking about it everyday.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I have my first 3 cans ordered though my dealer as of today. Now to wait for them to arrive so I can actually pay and submit paperwork. Omega, Ghost M, and Mask. Knowing how long the wait might possibly be, I decided to go ahead and cover all bases at one time. I'll see yall on the other side sometime in 2017.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sitting on my first can as well;  go to NFATracker and add your input to get the guesstimated time to go pick your can up. Mine is between Jan-April 2017.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:02:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Haha, I'm both the best and worst NFA customer!

I recently submitted the forms for my MAC 11A1 and can I bought almost 2 years ago and then realized I had a .22 can I bought almost 5 years ago and forgot about and never submitted paperwork!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

this... Suspect you're looking at at least a year... Best thing to do is buy one every couple months :)
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

this... Suspect you're looking at at least a year... Best thing to do is buy one every couple months :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. An approval every 6-10 weeks is nice
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm also waiting on an Obsidian, but I expect it to get paroled by December. You can pass the time by buying threaded barrels and pistons & end caps for each caliber. If you only have one host, the best time to change that is before your form 4 gets approved; I'm really thinking about picking up a USP or FNX-45 tactical in the fall, esp. if HRC wins.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Rofl at 8 months, you are sadly mistaken.  Its taking atf 3-4 months just for them to enter your info.  I' d say 12-18 conservativly.  I'm waiting on a alpha from silencer shop, bought it on july 19th, still havent even started form 4 yet
View Quote

This only compounds the problem of people buying items right after they're release at SHOT and not even taking possession before the next year's SHOT with new releases. It breeds discontent
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rofl at 8 months, you are sadly mistaken.  Its taking atf 3-4 months just for them to enter your info.  I' d say 12-18 conservativly.  I'm waiting on a alpha from silencer shop, bought it on july 19th, still havent even started form 4 yet
View Quote

Damn 12 months seems more realistic now I suppose. Oh well, better late than never! I'm already thinking about a 7.62 suppressor but cash is a problem. Maybe in 6 months or so I'll start that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Damn 12 months seems more realistic now I suppose. Oh well, better late than never! I'm already thinking about a 7.62 suppressor but cash is a problem. Maybe in 6 months or so I'll start that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you can pay off a 12m no interest credit card before the stamp clears
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:42:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I have two Form 4s submitted in May, I hate having to wait so long.  Thing is I actually bought them in January!  Stupid Form 3.  F'ing useless beaurcracy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top