Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2016 8:01:23 PM EDT
I'm ready to drop on a .30 can. I had planned on doing this earlier but got sidetracked. I had my eyes on a Omega, but I haven't been keeping up on some of the newer offerings. I plan to use the can on .300 wsm, .270, and a 16" 5.56 AR. Is there any other product that compares in modularity, effectiveness, and price?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The omega would be a good can for you. Your hosts should lend people to recommending lighter weight cans like the omega, especially with the direct thread and QD capability
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
For size and weight, the SiCo Omega is hard to beat.

Rugged and DeadAir both make good suppressors but both are heavier and longer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for the Omega. I've been pleasantly impressed with mine. I assume your 300wsm is a bolt gun?  You'll like the recoil reduction on it and the thread-on option.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another vote for the Omega. I've been pleasantly impressed with mine. I assume your 300wsm is a bolt gun?  You'll like the recoil reduction on it and the thread-on option.
View Quote

It is a Savage bolt action. But I was thinking of using the ASR muzzle brake on all the hosts just to keep it simple.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Another question: Since I last looked at the Omega on silencer shop, it looks like the price has increased a good bit. Is it because of Silencerco and silencer shops little fight?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Another question: Since I last looked at the Omega on silencer shop, it looks like the price has increased a good bit. Is it because of Silencerco and silencer shops little fight?
View Quote

The Omega isn't listed in their current offerings, only the archives as they do not carry Silencerco anymore.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

SS no longer sells SiCO products.
Silencer Loft, Hansohn Bros, Capitol Armory, Tar Heel State, Gamaliel, Quiet Riot
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Capitol Armory had a really good deal on Omega's last year, I think it was a Black Friday deal.  A friend got the Specwar with a free Spectre II (or maybe it was a Warlock he upgraded) around that time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Griffin Alpha for me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Griffin Alpha for me.
View Quote

This is the route I've chosen to take as well. I really enjoyed testing the Alpha out earlier this year and just picked one up from Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I went with the Griffin Recce 7 over the Omega.

I'm admittedly a fan boy of Griffin though, especially their Recce line.

Silencer Shop said that the Recce 7 was the 2nd quietest 30 cal. can they have tested also.

It's been awhile since I've looked at the prices of the Recce Vs. the Omega but I would assume they're still in the same ball park.

With that said, the Omega is an extremely quiet can and I think you'd be happy with most of the current cans on the market.

I would look at all your options before setting on one can or company though.  

Dead Air, Rugged, Griffin, SilencerCo and a bunch of others have great 30 cal. cans out right now.

It all comes down to your personal taste and needs in a can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top