Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2016 10:19:36 PM EDT
FTF every 2-3 rounds and non stop being pelted in the face with powder when firing Federal and S&B.

Gun runs fine with my Osprey 45.  It is a Dark Elite.

Is it because the Octane is a little heavier and longer?

LGS said 3 other customer have noted the same issue.  Couple of them sent to their guns to Sig and Sig said they run fine with their cans.

I also have an Octane 9 so I am not new to blowback, but it was crazy and painful in this situation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a P220 Compact SAS Gen 2 and just recently tried it out with a new EFK threaded barrel. I didn't really experience any bad blowback but I did have three or 4 FTF/FTE out of 50 rounds I shot through it. Was going to try the barrel out in my P227 SAS and see if the slightly larger size/weight made any difference in function with the barrel. All testing done using an Octane 45.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems with my standard 220 with Silencerco threaded barrel and Octane 45.  Blowback really seems non existent.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I am glad I am not the only one. I have a P220 Equinox and my Octane 45 causes the same issues. It "feels" like the slide is moving slower. It could all be in my head though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Cause the slide IS moving slower you have a pound of metal on the barrel and it will slow things up.  Walther is selling a threaded barrel for the ppq with a different spring.  other wise it doesn't work either
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No problems with my standard 220 with Silencerco threaded barrel and Octane 45.  Blowback really seems non existent.
View Quote

Where did you get your barrel?  I can't seem to find it on their site.  I've got an Octane 45 pending so this thread interests me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Took my P227 Carry SAS out this weekend with my EFK threaded barrel, worked like a champ with my Octane 45. For me at least it must just be an issue with my smaller/lighter P220 Compact SAS. Blowback with both is minimal and they are both hearing safe with 230gr ball ammo.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Where did you get your barrel?  I can't seem to find it on their site.  I've got an Octane 45 pending so this thread interests me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stand corrected.  The Slincerco barrel was for the 226.

The 220 barrel came directly from Sig.  They had a coupon I used because I picked something else up and couldn't say no for around $155 (around the same ball park as the one from Silencerco for the 226).

Both barrels work great suppressed IMO.  No issues with either gun.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
gun is broken in.  does seem to move slower.  greasing the pistol and spring is a good idea.  Octane doesn't have a lot of rounds through it but it has been sitting a while.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The 220 barrel came directly from Sig.  They had a coupon I used because I picked something else up and couldn't say no for around $155 (around the same ball park as the one from Silencerco for the 226).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  They are out of stock on the 220 threaded barrels at Sig so I'll keep checking their website.  I like the fact that .45 is already subsonic.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I run my Octane on my P220 SAO with factory threaded barrel (purchased separately)
I haven't had any issues at all.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Walther M2 PPQ Navy, I run my Octane 45 flawlessly on it.  It does seem that just certain combinations give difficulty.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I have been following this thread because I had the same problems with my P220/Octane playing nicely together.  (Factory threaded barrel P220 combat)

3 trips in a row I had pretty bad outings with the sig, getting a failure pretty much every mag, always a failure to feed.  the failures all looked as if the slide didn't have enough oomph to strip the round and get it into the chamber.

I went out yesterday and put about a hundred rounds through and had no failures.  I am not ready to call the problem solved, far from it.  but what I think helped out was I took out the booster housing as well as the piston/spring/etc.  and cleaned everything very thoroughly and liberally applied white lithium grease.  

I am wondering if I should be looking at a spring replacement for the 220... can someone help me out with this one.  do I want a heavier spring to drive it home or a lighter spring for running a suppressor to account for the extra weight slowing things down?  and where should I get it?

I am also wondering if ammo could be the culprit.  In the past I had run a bunch of the cheap blazer aluminum cased stuff through this and it always ran flawlessly, but lately I have been shooting Fiocchi 230gr that I got for a good deal from PSA.  The sig was never a picky gun without a can and would shoot anything without a hiccup but maybe that just isn't the case with the extra weight out front.

-Mike
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I cleaned up the can and greased the spring and piston.  Still had a bunch of issues with reloads from Miwall, with the Federal that uses the small primer, it ran better but the hammer would drop every 3rd round and not ignite the primer.  Stroking the trigger a second time usually launched it.  Unsure if that meant the hammer on the misfire was riding the slide home.

During all this, I was just bombarded with crud.  I am fairly resistant to blowback, but this was an all out sandblasting session to my face.  Just awful.

I wonder if the reason its so quiet with my Osprey is that its barely functioning and the breech stays closed as long as possible and still function.  The gun is a Dark Elite threaded from the factory.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Anyone use the factory chrome-lined/phosphate barrel instead of non-chrome-lined?  

Sig has both in stock and not sure which one to get.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Anyone use the factory chrome-lined/phosphate barrel instead of non-chrome-lined?  

View Quote

Well, if you want it to hold up to years of abuse in the harshest of conditions, chrome lined is the only option

In all seriousness, I really don't think it matters.  Then again, I think mil spec is overated so I'm probably wrong.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I wish I could help you.  My west German P220 runs like a top with the SIG blued thread barrel.  I don't actually run it anymore because it unlocks fast enough it is much louder than 1911.  I have a reasonably fresh recoil spring but the pistol is very well broken in.  Have you hand cycled to see if the barrel hood is dragging?  Is it oiled there?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I run my Octane on my P220 SAO with factory threaded barrel (purchased separately)
I haven't had any issues at all.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#19]
my 220 combat ran fine with the octane 45 HD  and S&B ammo, even better with ranger T plus P
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well, if you want it to hold up to years of abuse in the harshest of conditions, chrome lined is the only option

In all seriousness, I really don't think it matters.  Then again, I think mil spec is overated so I'm probably wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, guys, for the comments.  It's odd that the blued barrel and the chrome-lined/phosphate are the same price.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I have no problem with my P220 and Octane 45, functions great, the grit back at me is not pleasant, need to try some different ammo and see.  I don't get that with my G19 and Octane 9.
Top Top