Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes CLEO will be notified but it won't be your local CLEO. It will be one person in each state that can accept the notification and it will be a hard copy. We don't plan on making it easy for them
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how will CLEO be notified? will it be in any form that could be kept in a record?

Yes CLEO will be notified but it won't be your local CLEO. It will be one person in each state that can accept the notification and it will be a hard copy. We don't plan on making it easy for them

Well played.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well played.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how will CLEO be notified? will it be in any form that could be kept in a record?

Well played.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Man that is sweet.

Setting the kiosks up to do Form 1s for a $5-10 fee would be awesome.
View Quote

My understanding is the dealer pays $25 for SS to process a Form 4. I am not sure if this will work for Form 1, though.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class act
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I stumbled upon this thread this evening.  Spent the day going to a few different local stores to find most of them out of stock on everything.  I am planning on making my first silencer purchase and since I am going the individual route since it is so close to July 13th I figured spend the day seeing what was available locally.  Pretty much nothing in a 30 cal can and very very little in 5.56.

I think I am going to just save my funds and make the purchase through Silencer Shop here in a few weeks.

Two quick questions, is there an official list of where the kiosks will be located yet (I am in Cincinnati, OH and I hope there is one within 60 or so miles of me for ease of doing this the first time) and the 2nd question is does Silencer Shop hold the can until the Form 4 is approved or do they do the Form 3 and ship to your local FFL before your stamp is approved?

Damn I am actually pretty stoked about something firearm related, been a little while.  

I may need to sell off some more stuff around the house and just raise the funds to do a 2nd silencer right away also.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Glad I stumbled upon this thread this evening.  Spent the day going to a few different local stores to find most of them out of stock on everything.  I am planning on making my first silencer purchase and since I am going the individual route since it is so close to July 13th I figured spend the day seeing what was available locally.  Pretty much nothing in a 30 cal can and very very little in 5.56.

I think I am going to just save my funds and make the purchase through Silencer Shop here in a few weeks.

Two quick questions, is there an official list of where the kiosks will be located yet (I am in Cincinnati, OH and I hope there is one within 60 or so miles of me for ease of doing this the first time) and the 2nd question is does Silencer Shop hold the can until the Form 4 is approved or do they do the Form 3 and ship to your local FFL before your stamp is approved?

Damn I am actually pretty stoked about something firearm related, been a little while.  

I may need to sell off some more stuff around the house and just raise the funds to do a 2nd silencer right away also.
View Quote

SS ships the can to your local dealer when the form 3 is approved. The local dealer holds the can until the form 4 is approved.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for the quick response guys.

I avoided this part of ARF for 6 years like the plague since I knew once I popped this cherry it was going to be game over on any sort of control with the purchasing of NFA items.

Looks like I need to start the process on a couple SBRs also, might as well do everything during the same month.

I will say I am highly jealous of some of the stamp collections you guys have going on.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you for the quick response guys.

I avoided this part of ARF for 6 years like the plague since I knew once I popped this cherry it was going to be game over on any sort of control with the purchasing of NFA items.

Looks like I need to start the process on a couple SBRs also, might as well do everything during the same month.

I will say I am highly jealous of some of the stamp collections you guys have going on.
View Quote

Yea NFAIDS is really bad. 4 SBRs and 6 cans in the past couple months for me. Now I am thinking of doing a couple form 1 cans, SBS and 2 more SBRs......This needs to stop
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Any idea when the list will be available of the 300 stores getting the kiosks?

EDIT:  Found out one of my local FFLs is going to be a Kiosk location.  Talked with the owner for a while today who is a really nice guy (hard to come by these days with most store owners throughout Cincinnati) and he told me he is one of the biggest Powered by Silencer Shop dealers in the country.

Sadly SS doesn't have the Griffin Optimus in stock so my first silencer will be coming in from another website since I am impatient and don't want to add another couple extra months to an already long wait time.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
My trust has trustees in several states. Is there a way to get them to add their info to the trust account so they all can be submitted or do all photos and prints need to be done at once at the same location?

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My trust has trustees in several states. Is there a way to get them to add their info to the trust account so they all can be submitted or do all photos and prints need to be done at once at the same location?

MAHA
View Quote

This is the whole point of the kiosk system.  NO, they do not all have to be in the same location at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Now SS just needs to become a SilencerCo and Dead Air dealer again

Because this seems awesome, but those are the only 2 companies I'm interested in.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Because this seems awesome, but those are the only 2 companies I'm interested in.
View Quote

Not going to happen unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang, looks like I won't get to enjoy their service. But I do applaud them for going above and beyond anyone else for their customers. SS is good folks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could see DA at some point in the future. I'll preface that with I know absolutely nothing about the status of any sort of negotiations between the two at this time.

However, there is a lot of mutual respect between folks at DA and SS. Everything I have heard is that the disagreement was a pricing one. If they ever work that out, I expect we will see DA back on board. SilencerCo on the other hand...
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I talked about it with Mike and Gary. You're right, lots of mutual respect on both ends. But business is business...

Quoted:

I could see DA at some point in the future. I'll preface that with I know absolutely nothing about the status of any sort of negotiations between the two at this time.

However, there is a lot of mutual respect between folks at DA and SS. Everything I have heard is that the disagreement was a pricing one. If they ever work that out, I expect we will see DA back on board. SilencerCo on the other hand...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:Not going to happen unfortunately.
View Quote

Nothing is precluding either party from changing their minds.  I may be an eternal optimist, but I think it's more likely to happen than not.  Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nothing is precluding either party from changing their minds.  I may be an eternal optimist, but I think it's more likely to happen than not.  Only time will tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Except ego and money
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed.  But having talked to both sides, it doesn't look good in the short term. (Disclaimer: I'm not in the industry)
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Agreed. Theyd better have rock bottom prices or some kind of whisper-quiet tech that I just cant pass up...
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

For those whom still have money for suppressors on July 14th.  Im tapped and set for a while
View All Quotes

I'll have to mail 2-3 stamps after the deadline. Interested in beta testing these
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Has SS released the locations for the kiosk's yet?  I'm curious if there is going to be one near me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Email just went out today saying to keep checking the powered by list on their site over the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Great, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We will have a list of the FFL's as they come online. Stay tuned.
View Quote

I excite.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Our kiosk arrived Friday.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We will have a list of the FFL's as they come online. Stay tuned.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I've got the list of cities up. As Silencer Shop has mentioned, the individual dealers will be listed as they get the kiosks, so please don't hound them about it quite yet. That info is coming.

http://modernrifleman.net/2016/07/11/silencer-shop-announces-kiosk-cities-dealers-to-come/
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've got the list of cities up. As Silencer Shop has mentioned, the individual dealers will be listed as they get the kiosks, so please don't hound them about it quite yet. That info is coming.

http://modernrifleman.net/2016/07/11/silencer-shop-announces-kiosk-cities-dealers-to-come/
View Quote

Thanks for the list, looks like my home town is getting one. Not having to take a 45 minute each-way trip with the MRS will make me much more likely to buy from SS in coming months.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm interested in utilizing for F1s
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#36]
There are sure allot of Texas locations on that list.

Paging DogtownTom, is the Plano location you?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
He already indicated he was getting one.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey, Culpeper, VA is getting one!
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome! According to this not only is my hometown dealer getting one the town up the street is getting one as well!
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#40]
No city close to me...even though we have a SS dealer...
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No city close to me...even though we have a SS dealer...
View Quote

Call them bitches up
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm interested in utilizing for F1s
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Sounds like they may be still doing a brisk online business but from my experience the local SS store is a ghost-town now.    It used to always be filled with people checking out different models and buying silencers.   Now when I go in I am the only one in the place.  Seems like Capitol Armory has basically consumed all of their local business.

The folks running the store don't seem to be as knowledgeable as they used to be either.    The last item I transferred through them they screwed up the F4 paperwork so I had to go back the next day and get new F4 printouts and then when I picked it up they insisted on running a NICS check for an NFA  individual transfer until I gave them my CHL to bypass it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, silencer shop is already a big dealer. Looks like after the implementation of 41F they will become a juggernaut. They've come a long way since they first opened their doors...

I was wondering if they were going to go the way of major malfunctions

Sounds like they may be still doing a brisk online business but from my experience the local SS store is a ghost-town now.    It used to always be filled with people checking out different models and buying silencers.   Now when I go in I am the only one in the place.  Seems like Capitol Armory has basically consumed all of their local business.

The folks running the store don't seem to be as knowledgeable as they used to be either.    The last item I transferred through them they screwed up the F4 paperwork so I had to go back the next day and get new F4 printouts and then when I picked it up they insisted on running a NICS check for an NFA  individual transfer until I gave them my CHL to bypass it.

That's because they stopped doing in store pickup, didn't they?  That's a primary reason I bought through CA.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, but I'm sure there will be others getting a kiosk as well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#45]
This is great now, but will be UUUUUUGEE when the phase II opens it up to any NFA purchase from the affiliated dealers.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#46]
My local dealer is getting one - Hooray!

But if what CA posted about the ATF being backlogged with 200K forms, it could be a LONG time before we see any kiosk purchases.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:57:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I believe Plano has 2 dealers that will be getting kiosks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I guess I don't get the whole Kiosk program... according to the ATF anyone with the proper equipment (Fingerprint cards and Ink pad) can collect prints.

why doesn't silencer shop just send a some ink pads to every dealer? (FBI print cards are FREE)... just saved them millions

"Fingerprints may be taken by anyone who is properly equipped to take them (see instructions on ATF Form 1, Form 4, Form 5, and Form 5320.23). Therefore, applicants may utilize the service of any business or government agency that is properly equipped to take fingerprints. Depending on where the fingerprints are taken, the service may require an appointment, and appointment availability may be limited. Some businesses provide evening and weekend appointments and a number of private companies provide mobile fingerprinting services at a location chosen by the customer to be fingerprinted. Additionally, some mobile fingerprinting services offer special pricing to groups of individuals who need to be fingerprinted."
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I guess I don't get the whole Kiosk program... according to the ATF anyone with the proper equipment (Fingerprint cards and Ink pad) can collect prints.

why doesn't silencer shop just send a some ink pads to every dealer? (FBI print cards are FREE)... just saved them millions

View Quote

Because it's about the long game. You get your prints (and I think photo) taken once at the kiosk. Now Silencer Shop has them on file. The next time you want a silencer from Silencer Shop, you point - click - and buy and Silencer Shop already has everything on file. No more having to go get another set of prints taken. The whole Powered By process keeps on rolling and 41F's inconvenience becomes less so.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"Fingerprints may be taken by anyone who is properly equipped to take them (see instructions on ATF Form 1, Form 4, Form 5, and Form 5320.23). Therefore, applicants may utilize the service of any business or government agency that is properly equipped to take fingerprints. Depending on where the fingerprints are taken, the service may require an appointment, and appointment availability may be limited. Some businesses provide evening and weekend appointments and a number of private companies provide mobile fingerprinting services at a location chosen by the customer to be fingerprinted. Additionally, some mobile fingerprinting services offer special pricing to groups of individuals who need to be fingerprinted."
View Quote

The main advantages are:

1. They're electronic so less mess, more reliable prints, and less training required for dealers
2. Since they are electronic, they get uploaded to Silencer Shop's database automatically and are saved for future purchases. You don't need to do them again.

There may be cheaper ways, but this keeps it easy for both dealer and buyer. That's Silencer Shop's goal here.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top