User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was at Capitol Armory few weeks ago, tried out their finger print scanner to have them on file. It is time consuming trying to get an acceptable print on those things.
View Quote

Having printed numerous *unsavory" people using live scan machines, that can be a feature of all of the systems. Lots of variables at play.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah it was tough for the lady running the live scan machine for my prints.  The prints where you have to roll your fingers are the worst.  I think we did my pinky on my left hand 20 times
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at Capitol Armory few weeks ago, tried out their finger print scanner to have them on file. It is time consuming trying to get an acceptable print on those things.

Having printed numerous *unsavory" people using live scan machines, that can be a feature of all of the systems. Lots of variables at play.

Yeah it was tough for the lady running the live scan machine for my prints.  The prints where you have to roll your fingers are the worst.  I think we did my pinky on my left hand 20 times

Yes I had the same problem, think I'll be sending print cards to avoid a hiccup down the line. I'm glad I have yet to add anyone to my trust for this reason.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes I had the same problem, think I'll be sending print cards to avoid a hiccup down the line. I'm glad I have yet to add anyone to my trust for this reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget, paper cards can be messed up as well - meaning redoing all fingers instead of one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Side note: I once live scanned someone with six fingers on each hand. Now THAT is a complication.

No joke. Extra fingers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Don't forget, paper cards can be messed up as well - meaning redoing all fingers instead of one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fully understand that, I was thinking go to the local sheriff's office as they do prints on a daily basis. Then let CA decide if the digital or actual print cards are better.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw a kiosk at GT Distributors in Austin, and the screen was on, but didn't seem to be working.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It was up. It has a screen saver if no one is using it.
View Quote

I tapped the screen like it says to do several times, and nothing. This was Saturday btw, so if it's up since then, that's cool.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So are dealers dragging their feet?
Springs Armory estimated another month before things are up and running?
Are any kiosks functional at this point?
View Quote

It appears some are up and running in Texas...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Have the hardware, just waiting on the contractor to set it up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Have the hardware, just waiting on the contractor to set it up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I probably won't submit anything post 41p until the SS kiosk assists with Form 1's, a couple more sbrs would be great. Any eta?
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#17]
We did the SID thing at JK Silencers in NC yesterday.  My wife and I got scanned up in about 20 minutes.  Only issue was my left middle finger which has a scar on it so a flat area was recorded rather than ridges.  Took me probably 15 times to get a good print for that finger.  Overall the whole process was painless.

The app on my iPhone didn't work for me all last week.  I just tried and it appears to be working now.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I probably won't submit anything post 41p until the SS kiosk assists with Form 1's, a couple more sbrs would be great. Any eta?
View Quote

Dont expect it till all the 300 initial kiosks are set up and running.  At the speed they are going for set up, I would guess maybe sometime late next year at the earliest.... I personally would think they would want to corner the market faster and get the rest of the kiosks up and running instead of leaving areas hanging in the wind.  It just seems like they made a big push to get the first few set up to film a few short videos showing how great the system is and now that the rush of 41p is over, they think there isnt as big desire to purchase more... Imagine how many more would be purchased if everything was set up in time for this election...
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There are only about 20 kiosks that are left to set up. The second wave is being made shortly.

We hope to have Form 1's up before the end of the year. It is something that we are working on right now.
View Quote

Good to hear.  It had been about 3 weeks since I last checked the locations I would be using and they had no idea when they would be up and running at the time.  Just checked and they are now set up.  Guess I should check next time before I put both feet in my mouth.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We hope to have Form 1's up before the end of the year. It is something that we are working on right now.
View Quote

Any update on F1's?
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There are only about 20 kiosks that are left to set up. The second wave is being made shortly.

View Quote

Can't wait for this. Got a Kriss Vector that really needs a stock.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

This makes me very happy to hear. :)

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We are still on track to over that service by the end of the year.
View Quote

Bumping to see if this is still a thing, i would love nothing more then to send out a form one right after the first of the year
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bumping to see if this is still a thing, i would love nothing more then to send out a form one right after the first of the year
View Quote

Second Bump. I am 5 minutes from my kiosk location and got about 3 items to form 1 and will hold off on paper forms if this is coming soon.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
You already can.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's still a thing and as far as I know, it is also still on track
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You already can.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You already can.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2016 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Wanting to hear from silencershop on form 1 service eta?
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You already can.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You already can.  

I know Chris lol yall took care of me
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top