[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Halloween
View Quote
More like a Christmas present maybe.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Purchased mine on Jan 5th, reached my dealer Feb 6th, and the Form 4 went pending on Feb 16th. Hoping to have it in August.

The Octane 45 HD that I bought in November didn't go pending until January 4th. Still pending.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would guess we could easily be at a year wait right now.  The 5-6 month time period is still from early December.  

We're approaching the point the ATF is probably going to start looking at early January forms soon... then things are going to slow WAY down.  If it's any indication with 3's.. they went from that normal 3-8 week area and almost immediately jumped to 10-12 weeks.  Now they're on average 8-10.  The bulk of Form 3 times doubled--- so I expect Form 4s to do something similar.
View Quote

This is depressing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah...things are going to slow down greatly.  With 41P and the passage of several new state laws, the amount of Form 4s is thru the roof.  Bought a Recce 7 Jan 25, didn't get the Form 4 in til April 18 due to an extended Form 3 approval.  I'm HOPING I have it in time for deer season in mid-November.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Purchased mine on Jan 5th, reached my dealer Feb 6th, and the Form 4 went pending on Feb 16th. Hoping to have it in August.

The Octane 45 HD that I bought in November didn't go pending until January 4th. Still pending.
View Quote

Just mailed my first two this week ... checks cashed yesterday.  When you say "went pending" do you mean checks were cashed, or is there another way to monitor the status?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just mailed my first two this week ... checks cashed yesterday.  When you say "went pending" do you mean checks were cashed, or is there another way to monitor the status?

Thanks in advance...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks in advance...

You can call the ATF NFA Branch and check the status if you have the serial numbers and trust name.

I waited about 2 1/2 months after they were sent in and called just to make sure they were received. "Pending" is different than check cashed. Pending means it's in the queue and waiting for an examiner to approve it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm still waiting for them to come back in stock locally so that I don't have to wait on a form 3
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would guess we could easily be at a year wait right now.  The 5-6 month time period is still from early December.  

We're approaching the point the ATF is probably going to start looking at early January forms soon... then things are going to slow WAY down.  If it's any indication with 3's.. they went from that normal 3-8 week area and almost immediately jumped to 10-12 weeks.  Now they're on average 8-10.  The bulk of Form 3 times doubled--- so I expect Form 4s to do something similar.
View Quote

Guess I won't see my Omega 9K's til next year. Bought two in April.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#12]

The location cashing the checks doesn't even look at the paperwork to see if it's correct.

Pending used to begin around 2 weeks after the check/credit card was processed.  My last 4 (this January) started about 30 days later.
Pending means it is now in one of the many boxes stacked in a room, waiting for the examiner's assistant to check for the basics.
Then, it goes in another stack of boxes for the examiner.
Then, it gets approved, and in the mail, sometimes arriving at your dealer in a few days, sometimes in a few weeks.

It's all very precise.  

Will no doubt get much better after the Fall Election.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a check cashed December 15th and I picked her up April 18th. Was done on trust....

I had another check cashed April 28th so we'll see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top