Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2016 10:43:40 AM EDT
I am trying to make up my mind.
It will be almost always on the end of my CZ EVO Scorpion.
Seems the 9K is a bit more quiet, but not take down.
What are your thoughts.?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any other pistol cans?

I have to admit that I'm crushing on the omega 9k right now.  I'm afraid I'll have to buy one soon....
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Lack of take-down won't be an issue for a centerfire pistol caliber gun like the EVO, unless you intend to shoot lead projectiles (reloads) through it or shoot 22LR on a different gun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I would go 9k due to shorter OAL if it's mainly for the EVO.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I would get a fullsize can for more suppression.....whats the point of subsonic ammo if your not as quiet as possible.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Rugged Obsidian .45?

Full size and K can configurations.

Plus multi caliber versatility.

Also two length configurable Griffin Revolution, 9mm or .45, and their Optimus.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Between your two choices, get the Omega 9K.
I bought two. One for an APC9 and the other for a pistol w/RDS. I already own full size pistol cans.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Omega 9K will hit 132ish on a MPX with a 4" barrel.  Octane 45 (full size) was 131.  (Virtually identical in volume to the shooter).

Obsidian in short was 134-135, and the long configuration was right on par with the Omega 9K and full size Octane 45.  

As far as numbers go, on a sub gun it's right up there will full size 45 cans.
View Quote

Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The lack of take down has me wondering as well. How big a deal is user servicable pistol can?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I was at the same crossroads - I have an MP5, Evo and and MPX among other 9mm hosts.  I chose the Omega 9K because I already owned several dedicated 9mm pistol and sub-gun cans and several .45 cans. My preference for pistol and rifle cans has been Silencerco, so the commonality in mounting was a plus. I also like the fact that it is short, but stout and therefore maintains good volume. Overal, K cans are a compromise and I wouldn't recommend it for a first or only can. But, if you want something really compact and are good on your other needs, it fills a niche. I can't wait to run mine. It's currently in jail at Capitol Armory (thanks Torrey).

By the way, Capitol Armory just posted an excellent video of the 9K on YouTube. It may help with your decision - it certainly verified that I made the right choice for what I wanted to accomplish. I just wish they tried the Griffin 3-Lug on it...one can hope.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The lack of take down has me wondering as well. How big a deal is user servicable pistol can?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Lack of take-down won't be an issue for a centerfire pistol caliber gun like the EVO, unless you intend to shoot lead projectiles (reloads) through it or shoot 22LR on a different gun.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate you guys.

Joshua @ Capitol, you should have an order waiting for processing
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#15]
The Omega 9k looks pretty awesome, especially considering it was made as a 300 blk can as well. I'd like to get one, but I need a 300 blk upper first lol. Also I'd like to see SiCo give us a choice between direct thread and ASR rather than paying extra to have both.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm looking to shoot Omega 9K this weekend and get the scoop in person. Looks like a hell of a product but I think it's nearly 2x the price it should be.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I went with both, since I bought the 45K before the 9K was released, Still waiting on the 9K stamp so that  I can compare the two, but the 45K is pretty nice.  I'm sure it will be even better if I can ever find a 9mm end cap in stock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks to all of you for the help . I bought a 9K an hour ago!
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm looking to shoot Omega 9K this weekend and get the scoop in person. Looks like a hell of a product but I think it's nearly 2x the price it should be.
View Quote

This! I think I'll pick one up in a year when people calm down.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Hi Josh, your youtube video on the Omega 9K was great.  Did you guys have any issues with gas blowback on the MPX?

Thanks for the hard work!
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#21]
2nd the blowback question on the MPX.  From the video doesn't look to bad.  Whats the blowback  like compared to other 45 or 9mm cans on the MPX.  Thanks Josh.

Looks like a great suppressor for it's intended use but does seem priced high for what you get.  But it's a new product combined with increased market demand so guess that what were getting.  If price drop alot by next year I may get antother one to go with my Omega 9k on form 4 right now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks Josh for your information from first hand experiance with the MPX and blowback in general.  I have an MPX but haven't ran it suppressed yet.  Unsupressed I haven't experienced any noticable blowback or backpressure through the charge handle.  That's what lead me to question running the MPX suppressed if this is where all the MPX blowback talk stems from but you helped clear that up.  Seems things online especially when presented as a negitive can be blown up bigger than a 10 lb stack of tannerite.

Thanks Josh
and Capitol Armory y'all rock
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've never had blowback issues on an MPX.  I really don't quite understand it-- I can think one (kind of two) reasons for the "MPX has bad blowback" statements.   I think it was a person(s) who was sensitive to blowback and complained about it publicly.  Then other folks either jumped on behind them or they confirmed the original statement being sensitive to blowback themselves.  I think a decent amount has to do with ammo type as well, so some folks may be using some type of ammo I never have that doesn't play nice.  

There's also the possibility that folks don't really understand what bad blowback actually is.  To me, bad blowback is when you're doubled over with your hands on your eyes and tears streaming down, unable to see, after you try to man up and empty a mag.  Similar to nasty, burnt, more chemical dust being thrown in your face.  To folks with contacts, it feels like when you put in a contact and have an eyelash under it, and it's that uncontrollable tearing up and unable to see.  

I'm not trying to insult anyone sensitive to blowback... I just don't see it with the MPX.  8" barrel, 4" barrel, semi and select fire, with half a dozen plus suppressors I've yet to really see it.  It's almost kind of a weird desire to shoot one of these specific guns that people complain about, just so I can see exactly what it is.  

Perhaps this weekend (if "Gonig to the range is a good thing to do for Mother's Day!" happens) I'll get the GoPro out, film in as a high of frame rate as I can, and focus right on on my scraggley face and try to get some footage of what goes on at both the ejection port and then at the charging handle.  If fact... hmmm... I'm going to do some thinking and try to get a short video up on it with both my 8" semi auto and our 4" select fire.
View Quote

My feelings too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got a Omega 9k in form 3 processing from Capital for my EVO as well.  LOL great minds think alike!
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been waiting for months for my dealer to be able to get an Omega 9k for my Scorpion.  I might just have to buy retail...
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Omega 9K will hit 132ish on a MPX with a 4" barrel.  Octane 45 (full size) was 131.  (Virtually identical in volume to the shooter).

Obsidian in short was 134-135, and the long configuration was right on par with the Omega 9K and full size Octane 45.  

As far as numbers go, on a sub gun it's right up there will full size 45 cans.
View Quote

I wonder how much the 9mm end cap will affect numbers when released for obsidian.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top