Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2016 10:58:22 PM EDT
I just picked up my Mask today, my SOT called yesterday to tell me he received the stamp. I will be shooting it on Friday after work first day I can get out. Super excited for my first supressor.

Now the thing that made me go hmmm....

I called the ATFE a week and a half ago, they told me that both supressors I had in jail were approved. My Sandman S was approved on April 9th and my Mask was approved on April 20th.  When my SOT called to tell me he had received an approved form 4, I was expecting it to be the Sandman S. Now, I don't mind which one I receive first, I was just surprised to have it be the Mask.

I called the ATFE again yesterday and they told me that the approvers have up to 30-days to send the approved form 4. It seems some mail it when done and some wait until the due date. Just is odd to me, if I get something done I want it off my desk.

I'm just glad mine have started to move, it's been a long wait, coaching hockey last winter really helped keep my mind occupied.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I just picked up my Mask today, my SOT called yesterday to tell me he received the stamp. I will be shooting it on Friday after work first day I can get out. Super excited for my first supressor.

Now the thing that made me go hmmm....

I called the ATFE a week and a half ago, they told me that both supressors I had in jail were approved. My Sandman S was approved on April 9th and my Mask was approved on April 20th.  When my SOT called to tell me he had received an approved form 4, I was expecting it to be the Sandman S. Now, I don't mind which one I receive first, I was just surprised to have it be the Mask.

I called the ATFE again yesterday and they told me that the approvers have up to 30-days to send the approved form 4. It seems some mail it when done and some wait until the due date. Just is odd to me, if I get something done I want it off my desk.

I'm just glad mine have started to move, it's been a long wait, coaching hockey last winter really helped keep my mind occupied.
View Quote

I've received stamps 30 days after the approval date. It just depends on who the examiner is and how they process completed forms. Also the ATF is experiencing peak demand right now which is probably slowing things down even more.

Congrats on the Mask! I can't wait to get mine. You'll love the Sandman S as it's been great for me. Dead Air seems to be killing it right now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had one Form 4 approved on the 15th and at my dealer on the 17th(2010 I believe). Last one approved 3/28, dealer received 4/26. No rhyme, no reason. Don't look too hard into it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The mail times for approved Form 4s is ridiculous right now.  Your experience is typical.

My last set of stamps arrived 5 weeks after being approved.  My SOT had just sent off the request for copies the day before.

The silver lining to 41P finally turning into 41F is that ATF was dragging their feet on the e-file overhaul knowing that 41F would require yet another overhaul.  I recently saw where they are already getting the new Form 1 e-file in place with the potential for digital submission of fingerprints (which means you won't have to actually get new prints done every time because you can just send the digital file).
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#4]
My form 3 was completed on 4-20, capitol armory got the form back yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Similar situation here.  Approved on 4-12 and received yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow that is nice to hear! It gives me hope that I might have mine that was process on 4/15, by Capital Armory, back before 7/13.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Angrysquirrel,

Help a brother out.  You just received a stamp.  Congratulations!!  When did you order and did you do a out of state transfer as well?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm still waiting for my stamp on a 3/4 approval
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Certified copy?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Capitol armory had them in stock so I ordered one yesterday. Form 4 sent in today. Can't wait!
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Angrysquirrel,

Help a brother out.  You just received a stamp.  Congratulations!!  When did you order and did you do a out of state transfer as well?
View Quote

Ordered from Capital transfer to Michigan

Ordered on 10/15/15
Transferred (shipped) to SOT on 12/15/15
Check cashed 12/20/15
Approved 4/20/16
Stamp in SOT hand on 5/3/16
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Capitol armory had them in stock so I ordered one yesterday. Form 4 sent in today. Can't wait!
View Quote

Are you local to them? They are a good outfit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm pretty fond of my mask.  Very well built and pretty quiet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:16:32 AM EDT
[#14]
If you trust your dealer quit calling the ATF and checking on things.  Nothing that comes in makes any sense.  I'm an SOT, and can tell you that some stamps take over a month to come in after being approved, and others just show up in days.  It's the ATF.  It is what it is.

On another note, GREAT choice on a 22lr can.  You will LOVE it!  I have no problem saying it is the best on the market.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a form 4 last summer that had the approved copy with the stamp never arrive at the dealer.  After talking to both the dealer and ATF I requested a certified copy and brought it in to pick up the silencer.  The dealer made a copy and gave me the can.  So, if it has been over a month since approval, my experience says don't just sit and wait.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Certified copy?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certified copy?

It's was requested 3 weeks ago
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certified copy?

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certified copy?

Same here bro. Can approved on 3/4. Certified Copy requested three weeks ago after I called to check on it. Still waiting.
The only reason I called in the first place is that I had just picked up my Sandman L on 4/15 and I looked at the approval date which was 1/25.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I finally had a chance to take my Mask out after picking it up from the dealer two weeks ago. I took along my Spectre II and compared them side by side out of a 22/45 Lite. The Mask performs just as well as the Spectre with perhaps a slightly lower tone in the sound signature, but I'd be hard pressed to say one was clearly better than the other.

You'll be very happy with your new suppressor!

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I finally had a chance to take my Mask out after picking it up from the dealer two weeks ago. I took along my Spectre II and compared them side by side out of a 22/45 Lite. The Mask performs just as well as the Spectre with perhaps a slightly lower tone in the sound signature, but I'd be hard pressed to say one was clearly better than the other.

You'll be very happy with your new suppressor!

View Quote

But, you wouldn't be hard pressed to say one is clearly uglier than the other I'll bet...
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you trust your dealer quit calling the ATF and checking on things.  Nothing that comes in makes any sense.  I'm an SOT, and can tell you that some stamps take over a month to come in after being approved, and others just show up in days.  It's the ATF.  It is what it is.

On another note, GREAT choice on a 22lr can.  You will LOVE it!  I have no problem saying it is the best on the market.
View Quote

I do trust my SOT. I coached his son in hockey and know him personally. He as had customers wait over 3-months, after approval, and never see the stamp.  He believes you should give the ATFE there time but keep them honest. Everybody's methods are different...

Thanks for the complement on my choice of supressors. Planning on shooting it tomorrow morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top