Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 11:46:47 AM EDT
ETA:  SiCo is making it right and I couldn't be happier with their amazing customer service.

For the second time, my Saker 762 has locked onto a Trifecta brake.  I am all done with this nonsense.  SiCo was awesome with my first issue with this and sent me a new MAAD mount and Trifecta brake.  That lock happened with less than 500 rounds fired on my Noveske Recce.  This time it happened after 120 rounds on the same rifle.  I was much more careful this time to make sure the brake was clean and lightly lubed and the damn thing still got stuck.  It ruined (not really, but I was disappointed) a large group shoot I organized, in that I had planned on demoing the Saker on 4 rifles for guys that came from 10 different states to shoot this event.  Many of them wanted to do some side by side comparisons with other cans on other rifles and needless to say, that didn't happen.  I'm not real concerned about that, but it did suck to only be able to shoot one of my rifles suppressed for that event.

I've emailed SiCo again and expressed my frustration and desire for some help.  My hope is to simply wash my hands of the Trifecta crap once and for all and switch to ASR on everything.  In hindsight, I wish I done more homework when I ordered my Saker 762.  I ordered it right at the time that the Omega was introduced and had the opportunity to change my order but didn't.  I should've relied on SiCo's excellent reputation and changed the order and none of this would likely have happened.  Oh well.  I just hope that I can put this all behind me and enjoy my only suppressor for years to come.  The Saker 762's performance has been stellar for me, from noise levels to absolute POI repeatability.  The Trifecta mounting system has been nothing but a thorn in my side.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Well at least the can won't come loose

My saker only got "stuck" once and it was partially my fault because I let it cool down before trying to remove it. Sometimes it takes a lot of force to break it loose .... Enough that I have to grip it with two hands and have someone hold the rifle
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, that sucks!  I must have ordered mine about the same time as I was about two weeks in on my form 3 when the Omega hit the shelves.  I ordered an Omega as well and Torrey at Capitol was nice enough to swap mounts for me on my Saker to the ASR so they would match.  As time goes on boy am I glad I did that!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Your experience mirrors my own. I spoke to SiCo Customer Service and they're gonna swap my Trifecta to the ASR stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
i guess ive "lucked out" cause i havent had any issues with mine. Took them off when they were hot and cold, breaks dry and wet.  couple 100 rounds through each before swapping.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your experience mirrors my own. I spoke to SiCo Customer Service and they're gonna swap my Trifecta to the ASR stuff.
View Quote

I'm very hopeful this is their solution for me too.  The only part that sucks is one of my 1/2x28 brakes is pinned and welded, which cost me $50.  My guy charges $60 to remove it and redo another one.  I guess if it only costs me that to finally be trouble-free, so be it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you eventually get it off or are you sending it back with the muzzle brake still inside it?  Also, you said you made sure to lube the muzzle brake but do you oil/lube the inside of the trifecta mount? I found that putting CLP inside the mount where the locking petals are helps to keep them from getting seized up. I use Aeroshell 33MS on the muzzle devices and it seems to work well.

I have an Omega in jail so I'll be in the ASR camp as well. There have been some reports of the Omega mount getting stuck when moving between different hosts (hot can, cold gun).
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Use LOK-Cease.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
My ASR'd Specwar has come loose a couple times, and I watched one go sailing downrange and hit the 25 yard line berm a few months ago.

So..... they seem to have their own problems.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#9]
My Saker got stuck once. I needed a few good taps with a rubber mallet and off she came. I blame myself to ratcheting it on way too tight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My Saker got stuck once. I needed a few good taps with a rubber mallet and off she came. I blame myself to ratcheting it on way too tight.
View Quote

This.
And oil the tabs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Smacking my Saker762 on the truck bed works everytime. This past weekend I put over 500rounds down the pipe and always loosened it before it cooled and added a little bit of anti seize before shooting helpped too. Make sure you applybit to the taper mount and not the locking rings.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I stopped attaching it so tightly to brake and haven't had an issues since.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, SiCo has once again confirmed that choosing them for my first and likely only suppressor was the right decision.  What an awesome company!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Well, SiCo has once again confirmed that choosing them for my first and likely only suppressor was the right decision.  What an awesome company!
View Quote
Good to hear. A couple things that may be helpful.

If it gets stuck put the rifle down muzzle first and spray penetrating lube in the back of the mount. Now gently tap the can with a rubber mallet, wait 15 min and repeat.

To avoid all that get yourself some LOK-Cease. I have yet to have a stuck can since using it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Where can you buy Lok Cease from?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did they end up offering to swap it out for an ASR?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Where can you buy Lok Cease from?
View Quote
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/460290_Lock_Cease_20_20___Logix_Thread_Smart_Mcmaster_carr_part_nu
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My ASR'd Specwar has come loose a couple times, and I watched one go sailing downrange and hit the 25 yard line berm a few months ago.

So..... they seem to have their own problems.
View Quote

This is the first time I've heard of the ASR coming loose. It threads on than uses a locking ring to lock it in place, how did this happen to you?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have none yet but I firmly believe I will be a SiCo customer based on reviews here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well at least the can won't come loose

My saker only got "stuck" once and it was partially my fault because I let it cool down before trying to remove it. Sometimes it takes a lot of force to break it loose .... Enough that I have to grip it with two hands and have someone hold the rifle
View Quote

I had the exact same issue. I was while it was still I'm jail and I was on a conjugal.  Anyways, I shot it and waned it up and it came right off.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I've had the same problems with mine. In fact the MAAD mount broke my first outing and they replaced it. I'd say 70% of my range trips I have issues with it, even if I try to remove it when hot. I clean the threads inside with q-tips, keep it lubed, lube the muzzle devices, same crap so often.

If I didn't have so many muzzle devices to worry about I'd probably change it too. I love my Specwar K and Spectre II, but the Saker has really been a pain in the ass in comparison to the other cans.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I've had the same problems with mine. In fact the MAAD mount broke my first outing and they replaced it. I'd say 70% of my range trips I have issues with it, even if I try to remove it when hot. I clean the threads inside with q-tips, keep it lubed, lube the muzzle devices, same crap so often.

If I didn't have so many muzzle devices to worry about I'd probably change it too. I love my Specwar K and Spectre II, but the Saker has really been a pain in the ass in comparison to the other cans.
View Quote
What lube are you using on the mount?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess I've been lucky, I've got 2-3k rounds through mine on two rifles and haven't had any issues getting it off like you guess are saying. I put frog lune on my mount every now and then and it comes off like butter.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll out out a light coat of oil on the brake b4 I shoot it and i oil the "teeth" part b4 I shoot for the day
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've tried a bunch of stuff from gun lubes to different types of greases and anti seize.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I've not had any luck getting it off while hot, but every time I let it cool a bit it comes off perfectly fine.

It's always been the case- when the brakes were brand new, and now after being used consecutively without cleaning or lubing them or the maad mount.

SiCo was the best long term decision I've ever made. So I made it again, and in jail she waits. Just hopefully not for more than 6 mo :) Worth it however long.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#27]
I have had my 762 Specwar lock up twice on my trifecta brake. It is a bitch to get off. Both times the brake was clean, threads lubed and only a few rounds through the can.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have had my 762 Specwar lock up twice on my trifecta brake. It is a bitch to get off. Both times the brake was clean, threads lubed and only a few rounds through the can.
View Quote

The SpecWar doesn't use a trifecta mount. It uses the ASR. Completely different locking mechanisms.

I have had my SW lock up though. Look just in front of the threads - at the taper. As the mount heats up, it expands and the taper is what makes them get "stuck". Put some high temp grease on the taper and never move a hot suppressor to a cold mount.

ASR

Trifecta

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I've tried a bunch of stuff from gun lubes to different types of greases and anti seize.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I would give LOK-Cease a try. I have not had a stuck suppressor since I started using it. That is with both a Saker 5.56 and 7.62.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

So what was their resolution?

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They offered to swap out my MAAD mount from Trifecta to ASR.  They also offered to send me 4 ASR brakes to replace my Trifecta brakes.

You can't ask for better service than that.  In my opinion, SiCo is most concerned with the user's experience first, small loss of revenue last.  My future suppressor purchases will absolutely be SiCo.....they've earned my loyal business.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They offered to swap out my MAAD mount from Trifecta to ASR.  They also offered to send me 4 ASR brakes to replace my Trifecta brakes.

You can't ask for better service than that.  In my opinion, SiCo is most concerned with the user's experience first, small loss of revenue last.  My future suppressor purchases will absolutely be SiCo.....they've earned my loyal business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow - I wasn't surprised by the MAAD mount swap, but I'm impressed they offered to swap all your muzzle devices too.  Go Silencerco!

-bob
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Wow - I wasn't surprised by the MAAD mount swap, but I'm impressed they offered to swap all your muzzle devices too.  Go Silencerco!

-bob
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-bob

I was surprised too.  It definitely helps soften the blow of a failed mounting system and the cost associated with all of the brakes I purchased.  The only cost to me will be having my 'smith remove and re-pin one of them on my 14.5", and that's an easy pill to swallow with customer service like I've received.  I'm a SiCo fan for life at this point.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#34]
At what point did those of you with problems start having them?

I picked up my Saker 7.62 a couple weeks ago. I've only taken it on a couple of range trips and probably only shot about 200-300 rounds of 300 blackout (supers and subs)  through it.
Before my first shots, I put a light layer of Lok-Cease on the flash hider. Then I mounted and unmounted the can a couple times to work it in. I waited a couple minutes after shooting and removed the can while it was still warm.  

I didn't apply anymore prior to my next range trip and it went on and came off as it should.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I've had my saker lock up twice, both times were on a 10.5 AR, after shooting it and letting it cool on the gun. Other than that there haven't been any issues. My range buddy has his specwar 7.62 get stuck almost every trip, on both a 10.5 SBR and a savage hog hunter 7.62, both with a muzzle brake. We always have to hit his several times with a piece of wood.

I just installed my first trifecta FH on an AR10, so here's to hoping.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#36]
My 556 got stuck once on my 10.5". I just left it till the next range trip. A few round thru it and it came right off. I picked up some of the Logix Thread smart to try out since it was recommended. Other than the one time I have had no probs with my trifecta mounts on my two AR's. I have a 762 in jail now.
Top Top