Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be some good info coming out soon. Cant wait to hear reviews. Then I can start my wait to get one hopefully by 2019...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should be some good info coming out soon. Cant wait to hear reviews. Then I can start my wait to get one hopefully by 2019...
View Quote

final production in the nude.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]
BCV, do you have any numbers on the db numbers for the Wolverine on a 7.62x39? I have a Sandman S that should be approved here before too long. Purchased 2/25/16. I really want this can for my AK's!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BCV, do you have any numbers on the db numbers for the Wolverine on a 7.62x39? I have a Sandman S that should be approved here before too long. Purchased 2/25/16. I really want this can for my AK's!!!
View Quote

Right now I don't have any thing official.

I will tell you this, it's not a can designed to chase decibels.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Any chance of details on the weight?

Kinda wish you guys made a new AK muzzle brake that could be used as a QD mount for this suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the muzzle, at any rate.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I just bought one from Capitol Armory.  It will be my first individual purchase, and third Dead Air can.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I just placed my order from Capitol Armory as well. This will be my second Dead Air suppressor, but not my first Dead Air suppressor on an AK. I am ecstatic by the release of these highly anticipated cans. The timing is impeccable as my birthday is 10 days from now. Happy Birthday to me!

AKT-98 x Dead Air Mask

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#10]
BCV, any idea when some reviews will start popping up on Youtube?

Mine was assigned a serial number so physical products can't be too far off.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
BCV, any idea when some reviews will start popping up on Youtube?

Mine was assigned a serial number so physical products can't be too far off.
View Quote

I know a few people who did some filming but that's there thing whenever they release it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I need to see some good none biased reviews on different ak's first. Then see if a smith could cut the pin on my kv13 to install one of their adapters. If both look good ill be ordering one locally. Sucks that we won't get them for a long while.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^^^This please
I understand not having reduction numbers, but would like to know what this guy weighs.
Anybody know if these are actually produced and at Capitol Armory?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
^^^^This please

I understand not having reduction numbers, but would like to know what this guy weighs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

^^^^This please

Don't know about physical presence but my serial number was assigned and the Form 3 was submitted.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:29:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

^^^^This please
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^This please

The weight is listed at 20.8 ounces and the decibel readings are 137dB (Muzzle) + 142dB (At-Ear) from a 16 inch 7.62x39 AKM.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The weight is listed at 20.8 ounces and the decibel readings are 137dB (Muzzle) + 142dB (At-Ear) from a 16 inch 7.62x39 AKM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^This please

this is correct.

sorry I haven't been able to answer quicker, I haven't had internet since Friday when a lighting storm took out our router.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just placed my order from Capitol Armory as well. This will be my second Dead Air suppressor, but not my first Dead Air suppressor on an AK. I am ecstatic by the release of these highly anticipated cans. The timing is impeccable as my birthday is 10 days from now. Happy Birthday to me!

AKT-98 x Dead Air Mask

<a href="http://s640.photobucket.com/user/986S/media/CE4543DA-39C4-4084-B487-8D5B9AF41E18_zps8oh15rlq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/986S/CE4543DA-39C4-4084-B487-8D5B9AF41E18_zps8oh15rlq.jpg</a>

View Quote

Capitol Armory sent me an email to notification stating that my Form 3 has been submitted. The wait to begin the wait has officially begun!

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got an email that QRF has them in stock right now.
http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/product_p/dapbs1.htm
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Capitol Armory sent me an email to notification stating that my Form 3 has been submitted. The wait to begin the wait has officially begun!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AKT-98 x Dead Air Mask

<a href="http://s640.photobucket.com/user/986S/media/CE4543DA-39C4-4084-B487-8D5B9AF41E18_zps8oh15rlq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu125/986S/CE4543DA-39C4-4084-B487-8D5B9AF41E18_zps8oh15rlq.jpg</a>

Heck ya!
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#21]
My understanding is that users will change threaded inserts in the suppressor itself, to match desired barrel threads.

How are the threaded inserts installed in the can? Do they use a larger thread on the body of the can? Or are they secured similar to a piston? I have had bad experiences with using Right-hand-threaded adapters, on left-hand barrel threads, and keeping things tight. Like this

ETA: In this photo here I want to know how that thread adapter is secured into the can. Found a nice disassembled photo here from Recoil, but I can't tell how the thread adatper fits in. Does it thread in,and then get secured by the cap, or is it a slip-fit?

Recoil article touched on the mounting, but also said DA is looking to improve that aspect, so I am wondering what the final-production cans use. How "secure" are they once they are threaded on and locked down correctly?
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My understanding is that users will change threaded inserts in the suppressor itself, to match desired barrel threads.

How are the threaded inserts installed in the can? Do they use a larger thread on the body of the can? Or are they secured similar to a piston? I have had bad experiences with using Right-hand-threaded adapters, on left-hand barrel threads, and keeping things tight. Like this

ETA: In this photo here I want to know how that thread adapter is secured into the can. Found a nice disassembled photo here from Recoil, but I can't tell how the thread adatper fits in. Does it thread in,and then get secured by the cap, or is it a slip-fit?

Recoil article touched on the mounting, but also said DA is looking to improve that aspect, so I am wondering what the final-production cans use. How "secure" are they once they are threaded on and locked down correctly?
View Quote

The mount is totally different from what was shown in recoil at this point.
The thread insert screws into the can.
The locking collar is now two pieces. The forward section is a jam nut. The rear section is no torsion spring loaded so when installing, you loosen the jamb nut, retract the spring loaded collar to a stop position. That keeps the collar/detents out of the way for installation. Then you screw the can down to shoulder. The thread inserts now have a wrench flat on them and the can comes with a wrench to really cinch the can down onto the barrel. Once its shouldered, you then rotate the spring loaded collar off of its stop and it will drop down, one of the detents will engage the front sight block stop pin. Once it does, you tighten the jamb nut back down against it.
Ak threads are all over the place, so eventually its going to work loose, the stop pin keeps it from rotating off and coming loose enough to cause major strikes. That and the bore size / shape keep the can from getting damaged.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#23]
So speaking only to the production can- how "swappable" is it? I have 4 hosts that I want to use this on, and of course they have 4 different thread-pitch. Saiga SGL21, Draco, Ptr-32 and PTR G3K.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So speaking only to the production can- how "swappable" is it? I have 4 hosts that I want to use this on, and of course they have 4 different thread-pitch. Saiga SGL21, Draco, Ptr-32 and PTR G3K.
View Quote

14x1 LH (included)

Accessory thread inserts:
24 RH
26 LH
5/8x24
1/2x28
15mm
16mm
9/16x24 (LH and RH)
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the stop pin keeps it from rotating off and coming loose enough to cause major strikes. That and the bore size / shape keep the can from getting damaged.
View Quote

This is my only concern at this point in time. 2 of my hosts are PTR/HK-style. They dont have a detent pin.

Orignally I was going to just get the Sandman-S, and I already have a (Sandman-L pending) with a 15mm and 5/8-24 FH, then I saw the Wolverine, for $80 more, and I can run it on 2 more rifles.

ETA: Gary at Dead Air took time tonight to explain the locking system on these cans. I am impressed with it and the guys at Dead Air seem to have really put thought and engineering into a solid system for multiple hosts. I will be getting a Wolverine. So much for being done post-41F :(
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep. Looks awesome!
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:16:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice.

I'm afraid that if I pick one of these up for my 16" WASR,  I'll want to SBR an AK.

That's what happened when I got my first rifle can.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nice.

I'm afraid that if I pick one of these up for my 16" WASR,  I'll want to SBR an AK.

View Quote

Well duh.
I have two stamps pending on AKs
And SLR104 would be awesome
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Still waiting on some video reviews...
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Still waiting on some video reviews...
View Quote

This, I really want to listen to it in a video and see it more in dept.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nice.

View Quote

I'm afraid to buy one because then I would have to purchase an AK.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#33]

First Production Wolverine
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Do you know if Dead AIr plan on releasing videos for this? I think a good video showing the mounting system, and how it sounds being fired from 16" and SBR barrels would be good. After chatting with Gary, I got a good handle on how the mount works, and I am impressed with it.

I think a quick video showing how it works would help them with sales, so people understood before purchase, how versatile this suppressor will/won't be for their needs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Do you know if Dead AIr plan on releasing videos for this? I think a good video showing the mounting system, and how it sounds being fired from 16" and SBR barrels would be good. After chatting with Gary, I got a good handle on how the mount works, and I am impressed with it.

I think a quick video showing how it works would help them with sales, so people understood before purchase, how versatile this suppressor will/won't be for their needs.
View Quote

They are in the works.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Awesome. Their Sandman youtube video helped sell me on getting one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#37]
One thing Mike and Gary will both tell you is they are not trying to build a suppressor company around this can, this can is designed to help fill a void in a niche market. So they aren't allocating 100% of Dead Air Resources on this one can, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One thing Mike and Gary will both tell you is they are not trying to build a suppressor company around this can, this can is designed to help fill a void in a niche market. So they aren't allocating 100% of Dead Air Resources on this one can, if that makes sense.
View Quote

Watch it be their most-demanded item
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its shaping up to be.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I get that. However, any time a company brings a new mounting system to market, I feel that the better job they do in the beginning explaining how that system works, the more successful it will be.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

its shaping up to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its shaping up to be.

Waiting on hearing more about a subgun or SD can
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, I get that. However, any time a company brings a new mounting system to market, I feel that the better job they do in the beginning explaining how that system works, the more successful it will be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a video now on Facebook but I don't know how to link to it
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Good video. Cant wait!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

thanks adam
View All Quotes

Sure thing. I don't know if I'm more excited for this or my AK coming from Gary.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Rocking Full Auto:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FDeadAirSilencers%2Fvideos%2F910659885712373

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FDeadAirSilencers%2Fvideos%2F910659885712373

I hate Facebook so much.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#49]
They look badass!
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#50]
They did an excellent job with the packaging. I can honestly say that I have not been this excited to purchase a can as much I am with the Wolverine PBS-1. I am counting down the days until my Form 3 has been approved!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top