BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1. "Freedom Group" doesn't exist anymore, no matter what you may have heard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's now Remington Outdoor Company. The name changed in 2014.

Someone should really take this site down: http://www.freedom-group.com/

Quoted:

AAC was sold in 2009 (7 years ago) it was not bought out.

That depends on what side of the fence you're on. Sold is the other side of bought.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That depends on what side of the fence you're on. Sold is the other side of bought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

AAC was sold in 2009 (7 years ago) it was not bought out.

What's that line from SLC Punk? "Son, I didn't sell out. I bought in."
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Due to the ATF we cannot send out latches as they deem it a "silencer part" it must be sent in for replacement... for now...

We have a new process that can replace the pin in a matter of minutes.

Full disclosure - For the thousands maybe hundreds of thousands we have produced very few that come back for legitimate service issues. The latch is mechanical hence not exempt from wearing out just like break pads on a car. The more you use them the faster they wear especially if you always stomp on them!

For those who depress the latch when installing it will most likely last a lifetime.

For those who just spin it on and off, show all their buddies how simple and fast they can attach/detach and do this repeatedly for months on end yes it won't last as long. We will still replace it free of charge.

BTW -  we are always looking to improve so don't be surprised if a "solution" presents itself down the road.

Adapt or die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also 51t latches - find a way to just send them out to consumers. I think having latches be user-serviceable would mitigate pretty much all 51t concerns.

My understanding of the problem with this is that the 51T latches have to be EDM'ed out of the can and replaced, so it's not something the end user can do even if they have the latch.

I would LOVE an upgrade program for 51T cans to take a better mounting system. That's my only complaint with my SDN-6, it's otherwise a perfect can.

Due to the ATF we cannot send out latches as they deem it a "silencer part" it must be sent in for replacement... for now...

We have a new process that can replace the pin in a matter of minutes.

Full disclosure - For the thousands maybe hundreds of thousands we have produced very few that come back for legitimate service issues. The latch is mechanical hence not exempt from wearing out just like break pads on a car. The more you use them the faster they wear especially if you always stomp on them!

For those who depress the latch when installing it will most likely last a lifetime.

For those who just spin it on and off, show all their buddies how simple and fast they can attach/detach and do this repeatedly for months on end yes it won't last as long. We will still replace it free of charge.

BTW -  we are always looking to improve so don't be surprised if a "solution" presents itself down the road.

Adapt or die.

So glad to see you guys back, AAC.  I love my M42K.  And I've had zero issues with my 51t mounts/latch going back and forth on two different hosts.  Like others, just wish the Tirant-9 was still in production.

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok here's where I stand with your products. I was a huge fan of your original products and purchased the Phantom, M-4 2000, Ranger, Ranger 2 and SPR/M4.

You say that you're not bringing anything back, but improving on it... GREAT!

Put an improved ti-Rant 9mm and SPR/M4 on the market. Why do so many people love those two cans? Because they're QUIET! I don't give two shits about exotic metals, rainbows and unicorn magic and weight savings that equate to a couple of ounces. I want a silencer to be quiet, actually I want it to be one of the quietest available on the market. That is the MAIN reason that I buy silencers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  1. "Freedom Group" doesn't exist anymore, no matter what you may have heard.

They bought TAPCO?  ROFL.  Now I can make my 1917 Remington Mosin ALL Remington!  
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well let's rip the Band-Aid off here boys... Some will like this some won't.

1. "Freedom Group" doesn't exist anymore, no matter what you may have heard. 99.9% of the decisions made that you the consumer didn't like were made with past management. Those decision makers are no longer with the company.

2. Good or bad we are a big company and not everyone will like the direction or decisions we make but going forward we "the silencer nerds" will bring some good kit to market.

3. Everyone here (AAC) agrees the Ti-Rant 9 is the best can ever made for the 9mm. We will not bring back anything, We will improve...

We are fully supportive here and glad to be back, we know how sometimes the train derails on ARF so let's keep this thread on track! Any beef or sideways comment PM us or post it in our industry section please.

Adapt or Die
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bring back the standard TI-RANT 9.

Honestly, I get their mindset of a short 9mm and modular .45. Not saying I agree but...

I understand the mindset of the other cans... but stopping production of the can that made the line popular doesn't seem like the brightest idea.
A modular 45 can? Cool. A K version of the original? Cool. Stopping production of the can everyone wants? Not cool.
YAY Freedom Group.....

1. "Freedom Group" doesn't exist anymore, no matter what you may have heard. 99.9% of the decisions made that you the consumer didn't like were made with past management. Those decision makers are no longer with the company.

2. Good or bad we are a big company and not everyone will like the direction or decisions we make but going forward we "the silencer nerds" will bring some good kit to market.

3. Everyone here (AAC) agrees the Ti-Rant 9 is the best can ever made for the 9mm. We will not bring back anything, We will improve...

We are fully supportive here and glad to be back, we know how sometimes the train derails on ARF so let's keep this thread on track! Any beef or sideways comment PM us or post it in our industry section please.

Adapt or Die

Hmmmm.....thinly veiled hint we will see a "new and improved" dedicated 9mm can based on the Tirant-9?  

Hope you guys get it out before 41p hits.....
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  Hmmmm.....thinly veiled hint we will see a "new and improved" dedicated 9mm can based on the Tirant-9?  

View Quote

41f is @ worst a pain in the rear for trusts, and a boon to individual filers.  It is not the monster we feared.  You will still be able to buy any NFA item you can afford after July.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

41f is @ worst a pain in the rear for trusts, and a boon to individual filers.  It is not the monster we feared.  You will still be able to buy any NFA item you can afford after July.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Hmmmm.....thinly veiled hint we will see a "new and improved" dedicated 9mm can based on the Tirant-9?  

I'm not disagreeing with you but I'm a trust guy.  And I still don't like giving the Man fingerprints and photos.  Although I understand they long since "know who I am."

And btw...I agree with above posters.  I buy for sound suppression first and foremost.  That is my Number 1 priority in a suppressor.  Everything else is a distant second.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
how about something akin to the omega 9k but $500 or less.
View Quote

This

Also, not that it matters but is "AAC" a customer service rep or the CEO?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Now if you made a modular Tirant-9....

View Quote
Don't toy with my emotions!

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Adapt or Die
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I get their mindset of a short 9mm and modular .45. Not saying I agree but...

I understand the mindset of the other cans... but stopping production of the can that made the line popular doesn't seem like the brightest idea.
A modular 45 can? Cool. A K version of the original? Cool. Stopping production of the can everyone wants? Not cool.
YAY Freedom Group.....

Adapt or Die

I like the sound of that....
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Killing the Tirant 9 was one of many dumb decisions AAC made right before they fell off the face of the earth.

1. The SR5 and SR7 are louder than the cans they replaced and are often hard to remove from the 90T mounts.

2. The illusion is stupid, no one cares about eccentric silencers. The osprey was successful for other reasons. Look how the Obsidian is doing, the market just doesn't give a fuck. And the illusion gives up sound performance to offer this feature no one wants.

3. A huge promo where no one was able to actually redeem a code for desirable merchandise, thus leaving paying customers in the lurch and alienating your base.

4. A stainless version of the prodigy when you already sell a class-leading SS/Ti rimfire can.

5. Firing or alienating and losing  most of the people who made aac the market leader.

I could go on. I think this list got to #11 the last time I wrote it out. But suffice to say it was as if Freedom Group just made carefully calculated decisions to run AAC into the ground.
View Quote

I will say this, it took forever but I did get my rebates and I did use them to buy exactly what I wanted. It just took about 6 months.  And there were times where I wanted to strangle whoever was in charge.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Adapt or Die
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YAY Freedom Group.....

Adapt or Die

I think the 9s is the best can you made. I'm so in love with mine that I bought it a ring and asked it to marry me.  I went to Jared.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What's that line from SLC Punk? "Son, I didn't sell out. I bought in."
View Quote

Good for you dad

He takes after his father........He's a sonofabitch

Fuck you dear
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I have an important question, when are you guys going to stock and sell some stickers?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

3. A huge promo where no one was able to actually redeem a code for desirable merchandise, thus leaving paying customers in the lurch and alienating your base.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I had zero issues using two DTM promotions - bought everything I wanted and then some. Couple mounts were out of stock when I was ready to click - I waited 10 days, then they were in stock. It was a fantastic promotion IMO.

Quoted:
Put an improved ti-Rant 9mm and SPR/M4 on the market. Why do so many people love those two cans? Because they're QUIET! I don't give two shits about exotic metals, rainbows and unicorn magic and weight savings that equate to a couple of ounces. I want a silencer to be quiet, actually I want it to be one of the quietest available on the market. That is the MAIN reason that I buy silencers.
Ditto.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have an important question, when are you guys going to stock and sell some stickers?
View Quote

I literally bought the 9 pack of stickers two weeks ago

AAC: thank you for DTM. Bring back an improved SPR
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a TiRant 9 and 45, and would buy another 9 in a heartbeat.    

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?

I really thought it was advanced-armament.com
It's been a long day though and my brain is shot
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a TiRant 9 and 45, and would buy another 9 in a heartbeat.    

View Quote

Same here. I'd buy a 9S if I could find one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not disagreeing with you but I'm a trust guy.  And I still don't like giving the Man fingerprints and photos.  Although I understand they long since "know who I am."
View Quote

I gave "the man" my fingerprints 15 years ago when I went into the Navy, 1 year later when I was getting a Secret clearance, a few years later when I did 2 days in jail for street racing, a year ago for my TX CHL and 6 months ago for my WA out of state resident CPL. The "man" is well aware of who I am and it won't prevent me from legally purchasing any more NFA items.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Bring back the 51t Phantom. I have a couple, but they rarely pop for sale. Need another half dozen or so.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Txl
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I gave "the man" my fingerprints 15 years ago when I went into the Navy, 1 year later when I was getting a Secret clearance, a few years later when I did 2 days in jail for street racing, a year ago for my TX CHL and 6 months ago for my WA out of state resident CPL. The "man" is well aware of who I am and it won't prevent me from legally purchasing any more NFA items.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wore the uniform as well and got my clearance, too.  I still don't like the idea of 41p.  

But enough derail and back to the AAC thread.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#26]
9mm end cap for TR45M
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
9mm end cap for TR45M
View Quote

Why rely on AAC? Get a Ti one made by one of the talented machinists here
ETA: based on AAC's response about the 9s and 45 covering the full size ti-rant role, I'm very surprised this doesn't exist already.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

Nice!  Is yours as ridiculously quiet as mine?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Haha ya. Everyone says sig p226s are the quietest but I've never shot one. The beretta is very quiet with subs
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm just here for blowout deals like I got with the Ti-rant

Still debating a 3 lug for it
View Quote

Do it.

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Haha ya. Everyone says sig p226s are the quietest but I've never shot one. The beretta is very quiet with subs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to stick it on my p226 and see
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#32]
This has already been addressed multiple times in this thread.

Bring back the Ti-Rant 9mm fullsize.

The demand is here. The can is great and a lot of us here could give a shit less about the illusion. Illustion doesn't put out the same numbers, does not take the same boosters, went back to the design of having to use a tool to change boosters.

Then you tease with a replacement, which as with any suppressor manufacturer means we will not see it till next SHOT, and wont have them out to the dealers until basically over a year from now.

It does not make any sense to me or the current market to discontinue the #1 9mm can with no "upgrade" being released at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I want a Ti-Rant 9M please.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This has already been addressed multiple times in this thread.

Bring back the Ti-Rant 9mm fullsize.

The demand is here. The can is great and a lot of us here could give a shit less about the illusion. Illustion doesn't put out the same numbers, does not take the same boosters, went back to the design of having to use a tool to change boosters.

Then you tease with a replacement, which as with any suppressor manufacturer means we will not see it till next SHOT, and wont have them out to the dealers until basically over a year from now.

It does not make any sense to me or the current market to discontinue the #1 9mm can with no "upgrade" being released at the same time.
View Quote

You must not be MIL. If it makes sense it won't happen. Fact of life.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bring back the 51t Phantom. I have a couple, but they rarely pop for sale. Need another half dozen or so.
View Quote

This please.  I would but a bunch of them as well if they came back up for sale so that I don't have to keep de-pinging the 3 prong hiders.

Hell I would be happy with a 51th A2 style hider as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You must not be MIL. If it makes sense it won't happen. Fact of life.
View Quote

#troof. Like most bad ideas, it seemed like a good idea at the time.........
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it.

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr90/angelbeast6/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_113654_zpspbhirdvv.jpg

Yeah, do it

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it.

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr90/angelbeast6/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_113654_zpspbhirdvv.jpg

Yeah, do it

http://s14.postimg.org/7hpbr9wr5/IMG_20160315_231711.jpg

Thanks for the motivation but I bought a dedicated subgun can. I'll keep the Ti-rant for pistols
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did anyone in legal submit a determination request to FATD to confirm that is their position? Or are you guys just assuming?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#41]
How endcaps, brakes, boosters and the like can be user-replaceable, but a latch cannot just makes less than zero sense. Even for a government agency.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How endcaps, brakes, boosters and the like can be user-replaceable, but a latch cannot just makes less than zero sense. Even for a government agency.
View Quote

I'm wondering how old that letter from batfe is that AAC has and if it'd be worth going down that road again
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#43]
any chance the mini 7 or similar will be available? similar to the mini 4 but for 7.62/300blk use?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Be nice to see some of the innovation and relevancy of years past brought back.

I got into DTM several months into the promotion and later ended up selling my rebate codes at a 50% discount as the store had been out of stock of almost everything for months.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:54:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I would buy the shit out of a couple of Mini-7s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
any chance the mini 7 or similar will be available? similar to the mini 4 but for 7.62/300blk use?

I would buy the shit out of a couple of Mini-7s.
yup
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Long story short - Yes
View Quote

Was this in response to my question?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Long story short - Yes

I took their next post as a response to you...
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Long story short - Yes

Me too.....it would be nice for them to say:  Yeah the latch clearly isnt a "suppressor" part.  Your not going to make a bunch of illegal suppressors with a spare latch.  

Ill buy a dozen of them and ratchet those teeth to my hearts content.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#50]
I just dropped the cash on an M4-2k. Now the wait.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top