Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 4:27:01 AM EDT
Much debated and trying to decide. Price may play a role....

Might build a 300blk upper....Not sure yet...

Do plan on building a bolt action build soon...

Side note: I currently have mounts for a recce5 that is in jail....going on my 18" spr...and switch between my 10.5 sbr...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Just bought a Reece 7 yesterday, that's all I got.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I just sent off the paperwork for my Recce 7. I was stuck between the sandman L and the Recce 7 too. I got the Recce 7 over the Sandman L because price, length, and DB's. Price is going to be around 200 and some change cheaper. Recce is about 1.3 inches shorter and 4.3 ounces lighter. Plus from my research, the Recce has better DB reduction. With all that being said, I've heard the Sandman L and Sandman S both have an amazing tone and I plan on getting one for my bench rest guns where I'm not worried about length and weight. Both are great cans from some of the best companies in the industry, I just went with the Recce because it fit my current needs the best. You can't go wrong with either of them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the sandman-S better compares to the Recce 7 but either should be a good choice.
I have a sandman S pending and would love to add a Recce 7 to my stable. Their minimalist Ti brake is right up my alley
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, I went with a recce 7 for about the same uses you are talking about.  I have a 16" SPR planned, thinking of a 300 blk and maybe another bolt gun.  The recce 7 is only about a half inch longer and a little lighter I believe.  From what I have seen has better suppression and nothing but good on the mounting system.  Thinking about a recce 5 at some point too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
It took me months to decide between a Sandman and Recce 7. I think both are awesome. The lack of locking ring on the Recce 7 is why I ultimately went with the Sandman L, but between the Sandman S and the Recce 7, the Recce 7 is quieter in the tests I've seen.

Mobilecommand has a ton of cans and has said the Recce is his favorite if I remember right.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input fellas. I think this helped me narrow it down!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I love my Mod 2 Recce 7 and the Mod 3 is even better. Zero concerns over the mount system, which is repeatable. I've used it on my .223 upper, 6.8 upper and my .243 Ruger American Predator and has performed fantastic on all of them. My .223 upper is a sub 1/2 MOA upper with my 60gr V-Max load and the suppressor did NOT effect group size one bit other than a POI shift. The fact they include a Taper Mount for the price just increases the value.

That said, if you were set on a Dead Air can, the consensus is the S is the one to go with from dealers I've spoken to that have shot both (inc the feedback here), supposedly the tone is even deeper even though the L meters better than the S.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I love my Mod 2 Recce 7 and the Mod 3 is even better. Zero concerns over the mount system, which is repeatable. I've used it on my .223 upper, 6.8 upper and my .243 Ruger American Predator and has performed fantastic on all of them. My .223 upper is a sub 1/2 MOA upper with my 60gr V-Max load and the suppressor did NOT effect group size one bit other than a POI shift. The fact they include a Taper Mount for the price just increases the value.

That said, if you were set on a Dead Air can, the consensus is the S is the one to go with from dealers I've spoken to that have shot both (inc the feedback here), supposedly the tone is even deeper even though the L meters better than the S.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you! Glad to hear it
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It took me months to decide between a Sandman and Recce 7. I think both are awesome. The lack of locking ring on the Recce 7 is why I ultimately went with the Sandman L, but between the Sandman S and the Recce 7, the Recce 7 is quieter in the tests I've seen.

Mobilecommand has a ton of cans and has said the Recce is his favorite if I remember right.
View Quote

Sorry, just saw that you're looking at the Sandman L (not the S) vs. the Recce 7. In the tests I've seen, the Sandman L and the Recce 7 are neck and neck for suppression. I seriously don't think you can go wrong either way.

Things I like more about the Sandman:
1. Locking ring
2. Interchangeable end caps
3. User-swappable mounting system
4. Stellite baffle stack

Things I like more about the Recce 7:
1. Cost
2. Weight
3. Length
4. The mounts themselves are smaller and lighter

I think either one will last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sorry, just saw that you're looking at the Sandman L (not the S) vs. the Recce 7. In the tests I've seen, the Sandman L and the Recce 7 are neck and neck for suppression. I seriously don't think you can go wrong either way.

1. Locking ring
4. Stellite baffle stack

1. Cost
2. Weight
3. Length

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Locking ring
4. Stellite baffle stack

1. Cost
2. Weight
3. Length

Ya they are both amazing looking cans. I am swaying towards the Recce 7.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Went through the same process, went with the Recce 7 for all the reasons other people have already stated, as well as based on my own researching.  Hoping to get it fairly soon now!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Went through the same process, went with the Recce 7 for all the reasons other people have already stated, as well as based on my own researching.  Hoping to get it fairly soon now!
View Quote

Been waiting for my Recce 5
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm debating the same.  Leaning toward the Recce 7.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:23:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Reece 7 in stock at Silencer shop, my form 3 went out today.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Reece 7 in stock at Silencer shop, my form 3 went out today.
View Quote

Thanks for the headsup
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#16]
OP, grab one if in stock and get it.  Either way, I doubt you will have a concern either way.  Both do the same approximately, just in different ways, just decide the length, weight, etc for what you want and go for it.  Or, get both.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top