Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 3:43:29 PM EDT
Anyone notice Silencer shop is slower in getting Form 4 submitted; I have bought several cans from them and usually the form 4 goes out before the form 3 comes back.

I go and check my latest purchase and the form 3 is already back from the ATF and the form 4 is still not submitted; they must be swamped.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone notice Silencer shop is slower in getting Form 4 submitted; I have bought several cans from them and usually the form 4 goes out before the form 3 comes back.

I go and check my latest purchase and the form 3 is already back from the ATF and the form 4 is still not submitted; they must be swamped.

View Quote

I am on week 5 and not to happy about it. It is not because they are swamped it is because they use some sort of algorithim to determine the best time to send the form 4 after submitting the form 3. They finally came out and mentioned it in their sub forum after others inquired about what was going on. Pretty annoyed since they advertised that they would send the form 4 two weeks after submitting the form 3. This was the case for only a short while.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am on week 5 and not to happy about it. It is not because they are swamped it is because they use some sort of algorithim to determine the best time to send the form 4 after submitting the form 3. They finally came out and mentioned it in their sub forum after others inquired about what was going on. Pretty annoyed since they advertised that they would send the form 4 two weeks after submitting the form 3. This was the case for only a short while.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair to SilencerShop, it seems that they shouldn't have ever been submitting Form 4s before the 3s were approved. But once the 3 is approved, they should have the 4 out the door that week. Waiting longer than that sucks.

It's always possible that the Form 4 has in fact been submitted, but isn't in the system yet.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I went over to the Industry sub forum and they say that the delay for form 4 is up but still should be submitted before the form 3 comes back.

Looks like mine fell thru the cracks,
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you look on our industry page then you will see why we changed to submitting based off of the form 3 approval times. Basically we don't want any issues with the form 4. Additionally if anyone has any questions you know where to find us.
Send me your order number and I can tell you an estimation of when it will be submitted.
Currently we are seeing 6-8 weeks on the form 3 so the form 4 will be submitted around 4 weeks after the form 3 is approved. If wait times drop then the form 4 submission time will drop.
View Quote

The part in red does not make sense. Did you mean to say you submit the form 4 four weeks after the form 3 is submitted? You said four week after the form 3 is approved which makes no sense.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sorry that was a typo. Around 4 weeks after the form 3 is submitted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you look on our industry page then you will see why we changed to submitting based off of the form 3 approval times. Basically we don't want any issues with the form 4. Additionally if anyone has any questions you know where to find us.

Send me your order number and I can tell you an estimation of when it will be submitted.

Currently we are seeing 6-8 weeks on the form 3 so the form 4 will be submitted around 4 weeks after the form 3 is approved. If wait times drop then the form 4 submission time will drop.

The part in red does not make sense. Did you mean to say you submit the form 4 four weeks after the form 3 is submitted? You said four week after the form 3 is approved which makes no sense.

Sorry that was a typo. Around 4 weeks after the form 3 is submitted.
All of our inbound Form 3s were approved this week and, the submitted folder in eForms is gone (since it's empty). It looks like the NFA Branch has deducated extra resources to From 3s.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Just a follow up, Silencer shop said they would submit my form 4 today and they did.

Now the long wait.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I was a little bummed that I couldn't find a good shop that sold out of state so I had to pay sales tax... but seeing this makes me think it was worth it. Pay Texas tax or wait another 2 months...I'll take the former.

Capitol Armory has been excellent in communication/answering my questions thus far. I pray for you Form 3'ers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#12]
According to my silencer shop account, my form 3 was approved today after 4 weeks and two days. I'm hoping they send my form 4 some time this week.  I know they sent my other two form 4s that I bought about a week and a half from each other at the end of December within 13 days of the form 3 being submitted.  Apparently, they made a change over the new year (bought it right after the new year) when they send their form 4s in during that time.

Eta all three form 3's were approved between week 4 and 5 FYI.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#14]
My latest order was 11/21/15

Form 3 Status: Disposed 2/3/2016
Form 4 Status: ATF Check Cashed 12/15/2015

So maybe not too much longer?

Also my form 3 says disposed? What's that mean? I got a email saying it was approved and it's been shipped
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Spartan 3 ordered: 12/25/2015
Form 4 Status: ATF Check Cashed 1/11/2016
Form 3 Status: Approved 2/1/2016

Tar heel State firearms submitted my form 3 faster than SS and all my suppressors have cleared more quickly using tar heel VS SS.  I only ordered through SS because of all the rave reviews about how quick it was, but my experience is contrary to that.  

My last two checks were cashedd by the ATF within one week of the sending date of my form 4, which has always been submitted a few weeks after the form 3.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Spartan 3 ordered: 12/25/2015

Form 4 Status: ATF Check Cashed 1/11/2016

Form 3 Status: Approved 2/1/2016

Tar heel State firearms submitted my form 3 faster than SS and all my suppressors have cleared more quickly using tar heel VS SS.  I only ordered through SS because of all the rave reviews about how quick it was, but my experience is contrary to that.  

My last two checks were cashedd by the ATF within one week of the sending date of my form 4, which has always been submitted a few weeks after the form 3.
View Quote
Your side profile says you live in MN. Are you now a NC resident? You can't hold the dealer responsible for Form 3 approval times. and as I posted earlier, the NFA Branch approved all our Form 3s last week unexpectedly.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was a little bummed that I couldn't find a good shop that sold out of state so I had to pay sales tax... but seeing this makes me think it was worth it. Pay Texas tax or wait another 2 months...I'll take the former.

Capitol Armory has been excellent in communication/answering my questions thus far. I pray for you Form 3'ers.
View Quote

You know how I can tell your new to the NFA game............
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol agreed
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even trying to hide it, i'm excited to be a part of the crowd :D
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Silencer shop can you tell us about the form 4s that are being received by the SOT's as rejected because they were being submitted to close to the form 3?  When this happens what happens to the $200 bucks that you cut for the purchaser?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It should go out today or tomorrow at the latest.
View Quote

If my form 4 went out during the time you stated above then my account must not have been updated.  it is still showing that my form 4 was not sent.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#24]
IM  sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top