Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
SiCo Omega modularness (Page 2 of 19)
Page / 19
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:44:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MullSavage] [#1]
What?????? So i can order the omega and mount it to all my saker breaks I have on all my rifles with this adapter????????????

If so BigWaylon please email me contact/order info. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xOperator:

Im thinking of getting 2 Omegas, and if I do, would want to use the Omega-MAAD adapter
View Quote

If you plan on just using the ASR mount, then this adapter is not needed.

If you wanted to use the MAAD modules for the Saker mount or others (51T, Y-Mount) then you would need this adapter.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info BigWaylon.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

If you have the Saker trifecta muzzle devices, you need two pieces:

1. This adapter
2. A Saker MAAD module (or whatever they're calling it now)

Otherwise, you're removing that piece (#2) from your Saker each time you want to use the Omega.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MullSavage:
What?????? So i can order the omega and mount it to all my saker breaks I have on all my rifles with this adapter????????????

1. This adapter

Otherwise, you're removing that piece (#2) from your Saker each time you want to use the Omega.

10-4 Thanks Big Waylon. I put in an order for the next batch of adapters...best place to look for Maad module on sicos website?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]

10-4 Thanks Big Waylon. I put in an order for the next batch of adapters...best place to look for Maad module on sicos website?
View All Quotes

1. This adapter

$223.50 at Exile Machine.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Would a Form 1 be needed if I had him thread the front end of a blast shield tube to accept omega flat caps? Baffles would never be involved and I'd even drill holes through the wrench dots on the cap to make it even more open. I'd really like to duplicate the Surefire Warden or Wilson Combats blast shield.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Don't really know. You would think it would just be similar to some of the items already on the market and not considered a suppressor.

It just can't reduce the noise level, even though it would redirect the noise like a linear comp.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Moses_J:
Would a Form 1 be needed if I had him thread the front end of a blast shield tube to accept omega flat caps? Baffles would never be involved and I'd even drill holes through the wrench dots on the cap to make it even more open. I'd really like to duplicate the Surefire Warden or Wilson Combats blast shield.

Don't really know. You would think it would just be similar to some of the items already on the market and not considered a suppressor.

It just can't reduce the noise level, even though it would redirect the noise like a linear comp.

Might have to just give it a try. I figured using the 762 end cap along with drilling through the top holes to open it up even more would eliminate any chance sound reduction.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Yep.
View All Quotes
Can you provide that info as well?

Originally Posted By Whhood:
Would you be so kind as to add me to that list?

Yep.

Would you please add me to the list, thank you
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By superdoc:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By superdoc:
Can you provide that info as well?

Originally Posted By Whhood:
Would you be so kind as to add me to that list?

Yep.

Apparently next batch of adapters will be March at the earliest.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:17:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#16]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I am new to the forum and seem to be having problems sending a message to the OP so that I can order a couple of these Omega front end caps.  If anyone has the OP's email address could you please email it to me at [email protected]    I greatly appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#19]
As I am strongly considering an Omega, and currently own a Saker, I'd like some order info for the adapter as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#21]
A little update from SilencerCo...going to post both sides of the convo so you'll have the whole story:

SiCo responded:
Greg,

All of the Omega accessories will work with the Hybrid, including the ASR mount.

View Quote

This is good to know. I'll use the .46 end cap for my blast shield project.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

As I am strongly considering an Omega, and currently own a Saker, I'd like some order info for the adapter as well.
View Quote

Me too, please.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:10:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#24]
Picked up my Omega (and 40Osprey) Sat from THSF. Took a couple measurements and pics. With the supplied ASR mount (no muzzle device) and anchor, it's roughly 7.75" and 15oz. With Ti 5.56 flat cap and Ti 1/2-28 DT, it's down to 6.25" and 12.2oz.

I weighed:
Anchor brake 1.4oz
Ti flat cap .8oz
ASR 3.7oz
Ti DT 1.5oz

The Ti flat cap is the new one, and the DT is the original one from DM until I get a replacement...it works fine but I don't like the armorer's wrench cutouts.
View Quote

Sexy,
but I think the 5.5" F1 will be more awesome.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I have both the saker and omega and would like to be added to the list aswell.. Please!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I ordered the Omega today, COULD YOU PLEASE GET ME THE INFO AS WELL?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Should have an Omega within the next week.

Info please - thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd also like info too.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Add me to the list as well.  Thanks much!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:15:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#31]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:38:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#32]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#34]
Huh, when I talked to SilencerCo at last years NRA show they said that allowing the Omega to use the trifecta was a "machining nightmare and would have doubled the cost of the can". Something sounds fucky.

ETA so this will work with the hybrid as well!? If so ad me to the list! I have a Hybrid on order and a Saker at home.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:41:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#35]
Something related to this thread. I know SiCo released their ASR blast shield (discussed in the other thread) and it appears to come with the ASR adapter to use it. But, I've talked to this machinist and another member who was interested and may have a less expensive option coming in a month or two.

I've said several times I think you could do it without worrying about the latching ring. My first thought was to just have it threaded for an ASR FH/MB, and then hit the notched ring like it was the shoulder. Since then, I had a better idea.

Start with the fixed mount he made for the Trident. Make it a little longer without the external threads. Then thread the inside to attach to the ASR muzzle device (no adapter needed). The way to keep it secure is ahead of the internal threads, machine a taper to engage the taper on the FH/MB. This is how Griffin's is set up, and the machinist thinks it'll work just fine. We could even keep the hex flats, and maybe size them to the Omega wrench nevermind...OD of threads is too big for Omega/Saker wrench, but you could always use an adjustable wrench as well, or just snug it by hand. (The wrench may be handy to remove it).

In case anybody missed the Trident mounts...here they are to give you an idea:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/5A93040F-2449-48B3-B21B-6850350186FD_zpsbdgsixnk.jpg

Shouldn't be hard to imagine a smooth (no external threads) 2-3" version of that, with ID threads and a taper to match an ASR muzzle device. Probably at 1/3-1/2 the cost of the SiCo piece.

Thoughts?  SS, Ti or Al? I'd think without it being sealed, you wouldn't have to worry about the pressure inside a can, and Al may even be enough. He priced 1144 steel the same as Al for the Trident, with SS being $10 more, and Ti roughly double.
View Quote

Please keep me in the loop with this. I'm having Howard make my Surefire Warden version using the ASR mount which will end up awesome but also around $200 so it'll be a one time thing.

As far as a thread on only version, I put my ASR blast shield on the other week hand tight without engaging the locking ring. I dumped 90 rounds through it as fast as possible and it was still on tight when I went to remove it and put the Omega back on. So to me this could definitely be a secure, cost effective option.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Would also like info.    Have an Omega on form 3 and have no accessories yet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Throw me in for wanting the info as well, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#39]

The OP doesn't have anything to do with these parts except as a customer. I'll send you the machinist's info.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sigarmsp226:
Well I am new to the forum and seem to be having problems sending a message to the OP so that I can order a couple of these Omega front end caps.  If anyone has the OP's email address could you please email it to me at [email protected]    I greatly appreciate the help.

The OP doesn't have anything to do with these parts except as a customer. I'll send you the machinist's info.

I would like this info as well if you could i'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#40]
could i please get info on the machinist? I am interested in the 762 flat cap and blast diffuser /shield. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I have an Omega in jail...please add me to the list.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Please send me the info as well.  I have an Omega and a Hybrid in jail right now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 12:04:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lokifox] [#43]
BigWaylon -

Any chance on getting your contact to make a 1/2-36 direct thread adapter for the Omega?

ETA - SiCo isn't even making one for the Hybrid.. WTF?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Shouldn't be a problem. Just ask him if you want one. He's already going to make me a 1/2-28 version, and adjusting it to 1/2-36 wouldn't take much.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lokifox:
BigWaylon - Any chance on getting your contact to make a 1/2-36 direct thread adapter for the Omega?

Shouldn't be a problem. Just ask him if you want one. He's already going to make me a 1/2-28 version, and adjusting it to 1/2-36 wouldn't take much.

Excellent! Can you PM me info please?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Just sent you a PM - please send me the contact info as well.  Need to order a Ti end-cap, plus maybe a MAAD mount adapter.

thanks,

-bob
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Can i please have the contact info?

I need an endcap
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I think I've caught up and sent the info to everybody that's requested it. If I missed you, or you haven't yet asked for it, just shoot me an IM and I'll get it to you.
View Quote

Can you add me to the list.  I have an Omega on eternal form-4 wait.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#50]
I put in a email because I want to order a .556 end cap for my Omega. Any idea how long he usually takes to respond?
Page / 19
SiCo Omega modularness (Page 2 of 19)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top