BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/1/2015 5:55:02 AM EDT

http://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-omega-9k-suppressor.html

Anyone come across this yet?

SilencerCo's latest offering, the Omega 9K will be available in early 2016.

The Omega 9K is an ultra short 9mm and 300BLK suppressor and is the best performing 9mm suppressor under 5 inches. It is full-auto rated for both supersonic and subsonic ammunition. The Omega 9K comes with a piston and adapter for use on browning type actions (pistols). It is compatible with existing Omega / Harvester Big Bore direct thread mounts and a 3-lug mount will be available as well.

FEATURES:

•    4.7" Length

•   1.475" Diamter

•   6.9 oz Weight

•   124 dB with 147gr 9mm

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn it, just when I thought I was doing good. Another one to add to the wish list. Its about time they came out with a short 9mm can.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  Guess they are going tubeless as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
This has me interested, but what are the decibel readings on 9mm subsonic through the octane 45?  That was my first choice until I saw this.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope "a 3 lug mount will be available as well" means it is compatible with the current octane 3lug
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#5]
This I must have.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
There were a couple of speculation threads earlier, but nice to see it being formally announced.

Did I miss when SiCo announced their new stuff?

SilencerCo Omega 9?

The mount compatibility is a little WTF in my book. The Octane and Harvester mounts are compatible but not with the Omega / Harvester Big Bore. So I'm not sure if they're coming out with a whole new 3-lug mount and a new piston endcap or if the ad copy is wrong.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There were a couple of speculation threads earlier, but nice to see it being formally announced.

Did I miss when SiCo announced their new stuff?

SilencerCo Omega 9?

The mount compatibility is a little WTF in my book. The Octane and Harvester mounts are compatible but not with the Omega / Harvester Big Bore. So I'm not sure if they're coming out with a whole new 3-lug mount and a new piston endcap or if the ad copy is wrong.

View Quote

I believe that is a typo. At first they said that but then said it was harvester/octane mounts.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting.  The 3-lug mount looks like it adds 1.5", so it's not really that short as a 3-lug can.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Interesting.  The 3-lug mount looks like it adds 1.5", so it's not really that short as a 3-lug can.
View Quote

That's my take too. Too bad it couldn't be a little more streamlined.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Interdasting. Tubeless and not user serviceable.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This has me interested, but what are the decibel readings on 9mm subsonic through the octane 45?  That was my first choice until I saw this.
View Quote

That's what I'm wondering. I have an Octane 45. If the dB ratings on the website are with 147s then this is killer. Either way, it's still impressive.

I'll be getting one.

I see it listed in the distributor system. Of course 0 available.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree. But if it accepts the current octane 3lug of which I have a spare on the shelf, it will be a strong contender for purchase.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope they come to market cheaper than the $865 they are currently listed at.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hope they come to market cheaper than the $865 they are currently listed at.
View Quote

Same here. It wouldn't interest me unless it's in the low $400 range.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Whyyy is SilencerCo still sticking with a 3 lug that's 1/3rd the length of the can? Looks pretty cool otherwise, but I'm surprised it's not lighter.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Whyyy is SilencerCo still sticking with a 3 lug that's 1/3rd the length of the can? Looks pretty cool otherwise, but I'm surprised it's not lighter.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There was some initial misinformation out there.  It does use OCTANE thread mounts.  (And technically is for sale now, it just comes with a Dakota Tactical reverse stretch)
View Quote

Ah this is the one DT mentioned then. Look forward to seeing the series be released. He thought it would be January so that makes sense.

Edit: just saw them on the site. Price makes sense due to the pistol versions alone going for $3500
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There was some initial misinformation out there.  It does use OCTANE thread mounts.  (And technically is for sale now, it just comes with a Dakota Tactical reverse stretch)
View Quote

Wow, just saw the pricing on these on your website. Holy expensive.  I get that a MP5 clone is expensive ( I have one), but $5600 for the package?? Guess they are truly catering to the collector market with this one...
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, just saw the pricing on these on your website. Holy expensive.  I get that a MP5 clone is expensive ( I have one), but $5600 for the package?? Guess they are truly catering to the collector market with this one...
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#21]

glad to see companies finally offering more compact cans. only questions here is, will SiCo pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee make it with a micro-uzi nut?

(before someone points out that this won't be offered since there is no real market, i know. it's why my micro is still can-less.)
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#22]
So..this is a 6.2" (4.7" + ~1.5" 3-lug) long sealed 9mm/300blk 3-lug can...correct?

Or...a really nice and short 4.7"direct thread 9mm/300blk can....hmmm......

For comparison, the Tirant 9s with the AAC 3-lug mount is about 5.03125" OAL...but the 9s probably wont suppress as well as this Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are the material specs for the 9K?
Ghost and 9k may be my final 2 cans...... unless I buy more gunz.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#24]
SO glad I held off and didn't buy the 9S earlier this year when I wanted a micro 9mm. Can't wait for this to be released... I'm in regardless of msrp.

My only question is why SiCo. chose the Omega 9K instead of an Octane 9K... guessing the specs/reduction were better and or cost?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My only question is why SiCo. chose the Omega 9K instead of an Octane 9K... guessing the specs/reduction were better and or cost?
View Quote

It's a tubeless design and they can charge more for it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll be buying one of these for sure.  Cool concept.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I was all set on pistol cans. I had just decided a short pistol can wasn't worth the extra db to me. And then this comes along
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#30]
How is the booster going to interface with this can though?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Since back pressure seems to be the hot topic these days, how bad is it going to be on a K can that appears to meter better than most full size cans?

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably in a way similar to the Octane - some sort of birdcage attached to the tube.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Nearly 1.5" diameter.  That might help to explain the claimed db rating given the short length.  

On the other hand, how well it will work with suppressor sights on a pistol?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If it adds 1.5, that would make it identical to the length of the 3 lug configured Optimus can which also metered ~125 with 147 subsonic on an MP5 and is user servicable and full 17-4 in that configuration.  

The SICO product would be lighter for about 10,000 rounds until it picked up enough lead to be identical in weight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it adds 1.5, that would make it identical to the length of the 3 lug configured Optimus can which also metered ~125 with 147 subsonic on an MP5 and is user servicable and full 17-4 in that configuration.  

The SICO product would be lighter for about 10,000 rounds until it picked up enough lead to be identical in weight.

Boom goes the dynamite!!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second question: is it user-serviceable?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you're looking at in those photos are the baffles, all welded together. I don't see how that type of design could possibly be user serviceable.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Probably in a way similar to the Octane - some sort of birdcage attached to the tube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah Im curious to know if its going to add length in the same way as their 3-lug mount
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Hope we see more offerings of the larger diameter 9mm sub gun cans if you will. The gemtech mk9k is popular but much heavier than this omega 9k.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah Im curious to know if its going to add length in the same way as their 3-lug mount
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be surprised if it added anymore length than you get on the octane since its compatible with octane mounts. There are no baffle welds for the first 1.25" or so of the can so the booster should slide right in.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#41]

full-auto rated for both supersonic and subsonic ammunition
View Quote

Can this handle supersonic 300 blackout? That would be
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
full-auto rated for both supersonic and subsonic ammunition

yes, yes it would be
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#43]
It is rated for .300BLK, read the rest of that paragraph.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

didn't read
subs and supers?
Subs is a given on a 9mm...
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#45]
The wording is ambiguous in my mind plus I don't know of any pistol cans rated for supersonic 300 blackout.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

didn't read
subs and supers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

didn't read
subs and supers?

It says: "The Omega 9K is an ultra short 9mm and 300BLK suppressor and is the best performing 9mm suppressor under 5 inches. It is full-auto rated for both supersonic and subsonic ammunition."

It would be extremely shady to word it that way if it was only rated for full-auto supersonic and subsonic in 9mm but not .300BLK. It seems to me that the second sentence applies to the first sentence, otherwise it would need to say that it's rated for "X" with 9mm and "Y" with .300BLK.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#47]
It's a fully welded tubeless design so it will be GTG on super BLK.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's a fully welded tubeless design so it will be GTG on super BLK.
View Quote

And just when I was settling on a Sandman S for a .300blk project.  Can't wait to see an actual release/spec sheet/retail price.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I would really like to see a 9mm Suppressor with an ASR Mount and Flash Hider bored and threaded for 9mm barrels. Basically a 9mm Specwar, but user serviceable. It'd be too heavy for pistols, but would be perfect for a 9mm or 300Blackout AR.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Wonder how it will DB wise with 300 blk
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top