Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2015 1:27:27 PM EDT
Anyone have the 411?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Odd, you can still buy silencerco's products on silencer shops website...
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Can their largest retailer? Really?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep still on there website.
Why don't you just ask them directly? http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/486_.html
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone have the 411?
View Quote

Gun shop gossip?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I asked them on Instagram & got no reply
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Who were the two companies that dropped them recently?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]
idk
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who were the two companies that dropped them recently?
View Quote

Liberty and Dead Air ... "who dropped who" seems to be up for debate .
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I just deleted the post on Ig to not cause any misinformation. I'm trying to update the name of this thread but don't know how :/
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just deleted the post on Ig to not cause any misinformation. I'm trying to update the name of this thread but don't know how :/
View Quote

Edit button in OP
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Total rumor. We did not drop or get dropped by SilencerCo.
View Quote

Any comment on the Liberty or Dead Air situation?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is they will not officially comment on those but I am sure you can imagine it would be similar to the Major Malfunction deal.  MM used to be the place to go for your suppressor needs direct, they likely deserved distributor not dealer level pricing, that puts manufacturers in a pickle.  MM became wholesale distributor only.  Silencer Shop is walking the line, technology wise they have taken a creative approach, where you buy something off their site but the deal runs through the end transfer dealer as the "dealer".  If your a manufacturer you have you definitely want to keep your biggest single outlet, but you are probably getting phone calls from end dealers pissed at the situation also.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just curious as to why Silencerco had you listed as a distributor on their site on 9/13 but when I check today you're not there.

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Odd, you can still buy silencerco's products on silencer shops website...
View Quote

I'm would place money on that being current inventory if they really were dropped.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just curious as to why Silencerco had you listed as a distributor on their site on 9/13 but when I check today you're not there.

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today

Good observation.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today

Because they are a distributor, not a dealer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today

I think that was his point - they appear on an old list of distributors but not on the list of distributors when looking at the list today.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Any news or are they dodging??
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today

Uhhh...

the heading above where their logo used to be says "OUR DISTRIBUTORS" in big bold letters.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today

Actually check the links, read the header (Giant letters above the distributor logos) and rethink that reply.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Actually check the links, read the header (Giant letters above the distributor logos) and rethink that reply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today

You don't like SilencerShop's response and you appear to be whiz on the interwebs (you know I'm not), but somehow you didn't you see the link for - CONTACT DETAILS OFFICE: 801.417.5384. That's if you're an actual dealer inquiring about a distributor instead of just a random douche on the internet stoking a rumor mill.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Just emailed Silencer Co to get an answer on this so we can put this to bed once and for all, hopefully they will respond, I even asked why their logo dissapeared.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You don't like SilencerShop's response and you appear to be whiz on the interwebs (you know I'm not), but somehow you didn't you see the link for - CONTACT DETAILS OFFICE: 801.417.5384. That's if you're an actual dealer inquiring about a distributor instead of just a random douche on the internet stoking a rumor mill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today

ummm because SilencerShop didn't answer the question see above in bold

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I just did a search for dealers within 50 miles of 78750 on SiCo's website and Silencer Shop was the third shop listed.  

Was this not the case when this thread began?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Boom, head shot!  
Good to hear.  Thanks for what you guys do!
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today

I'm an idiot and need all the help I can get so please show me where I went wrong.

From the sites linked above...

1. SilencerCo sells its products through these major firearm distributors. Click a distributor below to contact a sales representative. Once you set up an account with a distributor, please contact SilencerCo customer service at [email protected] to become listed under our dealer locator.
2. Silencer Shop was listed as a distributor in September (first link) but are no longer shown (second link). This leads me to believe something has changed.
3. You stated "Because they are a distributor, not a dealer.". Silencer Shop is no longer listed as a distributor on the Silencerco site but you can find them as a dealer.

I may "just be a random douche on the internet stoking a rumor mill" but a question was asked that interested me, I noticed a change on the site and am simply questioning...

Is Silencer Shop still a DISTRIBUTOR for Silencerco?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm an idiot and need all the help I can get so please show me where I went wrong.

1. SilencerCo sells its products through these major firearm distributors. Click a distributor below to contact a sales representative. Once you set up an account with a distributor, please contact SilencerCo customer service at [email protected] to become listed under our dealer locator.
2. Silencer Shop was listed as a distributor in September (first link) but are no longer shown (second link). This leads me to believe something has changed.
3. You stated "Because they are a distributor, not a dealer.". Silencer Shop is no longer listed as a distributor on the Silencerco site but you can find them as a dealer.

I may "just be a random douche on the internet stoking a rumor mill" but a question was asked that interested me, I noticed a change on the site and am simply questioning...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco 9-13-15

Silencerco Today

This must have a major impact on your daily life.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#31]

I hate to even reply to this thread because it should not have even started. What difference does it make? They have great prices for SilCo products. Who has such a hard on for SS that they put you up to this? I'm sure neckbeards with overpriced old inventory don't like them. Why continue trying to get them to waist time answering this foolishness? Their time is better spent offering great service and price.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got an email just now from Bill Hicks saying Silencerco cut off Silencershop yesterday.
View Quote

huh
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I got an email just now from Bill Hicks saying Silencerco cut off Silencershop yesterday.
View Quote

Hmmmm...post the email.

ETA- I asked Silencershop and still stands behind their first response. If the email is fake or doesn't exist, shame on you...if Silencershop is fibbing...shame on them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Silencer Co has yet to respond to me. Oh well, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#37]
see above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top