Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2015 11:35:13 PM EDT
I have been putting off buying the for a while and now I'm ready to get it and a can at the same time. What setup would you reccomend for it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
What else are you looking to suppress? Do you need fixed barrel mounts? 3 lug mounts?
Is 9mm the only caliber you are looking to suppress or are there others?

Is length important to you? Do you want a full size can or something that sacrifices performance for length?

Do you want a durable can (steel baffles) or something lighter (aluminum baffles) and trading off cleaning options for weight?

What's your budget?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:10:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a lone wolf barrel and an AAC ECO9 I got on a screamer close out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Lone Wolf has their barrels for ~$90 right now. I think the sale ends tomorrow or Tuesday sometime.

I picked up a barrel to hang my Octane 45 on the end of my G19.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lone Wolf has their barrels for ~$90 right now. I think the sale ends tomorrow or Tuesday sometime.

View Quote

Thanks, I'll order one now. I was looking for advice like that when I started this thread.

I am looking for advice on what works best on a g19 and a g19 only. I am a member of the every gun gets a can club so I am not looking for a one size fits all.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll order one now. I was looking for advice like that when I started this thread.

I am looking for advice on what works best on a g19 and a g19 only. I am a member of the every gun gets a can club so I am not looking for a one size fits all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Osprey 9 will be the quietest (and shortest and lightest for a full size can) and give you the least blowback.  The only caveat with the Glock is you will not be able to use the Osprey with X300 ultra, an inforce APL will work with the Osprey however.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Storm Lake barrel and use a TiRant 9 on my G19. Very happy with this set up.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:42:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an Octane 9 in jail right now. I bought it for my Scorpion SBR.... but it will find a ton of use on my G19. It doesn't get much better than an Octane 9.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:17:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have an Octane 9 in jail right now. I bought it for my Scorpion SBR.... but it will find a ton of use on my G19. It doesn't get much better than an Octane 9.
View Quote

Actually the Griffin 3 lug will be substantially shorter than the Octane 3 lug & the Osprey9 is quieter on a pistol allowing sights to be more usable (my Trijicon HD's work great).  I realize you have an Octane in jail, but even most honest Octane owners would recommend the Griffin can if you want a versatile can (3 lug, k configuration) but that's not even what the OP asked.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I run a Tirant 9 on my Glock 19 ( I picked up a model with factory threaded barrel )

Runs very well , and the ameriglo sights ( tall sights ) work perfect

When I decided to buy a new Glock, this was my reason

1. Buy a second new Glock with suppressor sights and threaded barrel ( including 2 mags ) for $529

Or

2. Buy a factory Glock threaded barrel $239.00 . Suppressor sights $80 , 2 extra mags $50 - about $360 plus shipping

At the time I couldn't find a Glock barrel for $100
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Actually the Griffin 3 lug will be substantially shorter than the Octane 3 lug & the Osprey9 is quieter on a pistol allowing sights to be more usable (my Trijicon HD's work great).  I realize you have an Octane in jail, but even most honest Octane owners would recommend the Griffin can if you want a versatile can (3 lug, k configuration) but that's not even what the OP asked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He asked about the G19 but either way... the Octane 9 is where it's at for me... on both the G19 or a 3 lug Scorpion/MP5. The Griffin mount is compatible with the Octane 9(no surprise) if you want go substantially shorter.

Griffin tri lug mount + Octane

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an Osprey on mine (paid $200 so I wasn't choosy) and a blacked out LW barrel ...works pretty damn good..If I had it to do over again I'd have gotten something that goes better with my Mp5 clone
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a PSA barrel, xs big dot suppressor sights, and an AAC Evo9 can.

This setup works very well, I don't think I would buy the evo again but I got it for $200 bucks so I'm not going to bitch. I like to have people who have never shot with a can before shoot this setup wet. They always smile.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Lets talk about spring weights...

What heavier spring works the best?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#14]
My gen 3 G19 with KKM threaded would routinely choke with a osprey 45.
YMMV
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I run a Tirant 9 on my Glock 19 ( I picked up a model with factory threaded barrel )

Runs very well , and the ameriglo sights ( tall sights ) work perfect

When I decided to buy a new Glock, this was my reason

1. Buy a second new Glock with suppressor sights and threaded barrel ( including 2 mags ) for $529

Or

2. Buy a factory Glock threaded barrel $239.00 . Suppressor sights $80 , 2 extra mags $50 - about $360 plus shipping

At the time I couldn't find a Glock barrel for $100
View Quote

When I bought my G19 I went this route. Its a damn good deal. I only have a TiRant 45 for a pistol can, so I can't help OP out on opinions of a dedicated 9mm can.

That being said, the 19 ran flawlessly right out the box with the .45 can.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

My G19 Gen4 has run flawlessly with both my Osprey 9s with 115, 124, 147 & 158gr.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My G19 Gen4 has run flawlessly with both my Osprey 9s with 115, 124, 147 & 158gr.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPRING Not Bullet weight.  I'm running the factory spring, with no issue, so far.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

SPRING Not Bullet weight.  I'm running the factory spring, with no issue, so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The salient point I was making in a round about way so as to not butthurt the Octane guys is that the Osprey tends to run fine on Glocks whereas the Octane has given many guys issues due to increased blowback, no need to tinker with aftermarket springs.

In other words, the wrong question was asked, the right question would be why buy a can that you need to buy aftermarket springs so maybe it works when you can buy a can that will work with a wide variety of ammo with the stock spring?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same.
I got my barrel in 3 days IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The salient point I was making in a round about way so as to not butthurt the Octane guys is that the Osprey tends to run fine on Glocks whereas the Octane has given many guys issues due to increased blowback, no need to tinker with aftermarket springs.

In other words, the wrong question was asked, the right question would be why buy a can that you need to buy aftermarket springs so maybe it works when you can buy a can that will work with a wide variety of ammo with the stock spring?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I wasn't asking for reliability reasons...I was asking because I am in search of maximum suppression.

I put a 16lb spring in my 92fs and it def made things quieter by increasing the lock time (I believe that's the correct term).

I was hoping for some similar info regarding spring weights in the G19, as my YHM Cobra 45 already runs flawless!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because I wasn't asking for reliability reasons...I was asking because I am in search of maximum suppression.

I put a 16lb spring in my 92fs and it def made things quieter by increasing the lock time (I believe that's the correct term).

I was hoping for some similar info regarding spring weights in the G19, as my YHM Cobra 45 already runs flawless!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha, but my question would be why not try suppressing another pistol?  It's well documented Glocks are not the best to suppress, it makes sense a heavier spring may quiet them down but for me I wouldn't even mess with it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Gotcha, but my question would be why not try suppressing another pistol?  It's well documented Glocks are not the best to suppress, it makes sense a heavier spring may quiet them down but for me I wouldn't even mess with it.
View Quote

Because this is a G19 thread...

Anyways, I've read of some guys who have had success running an 18lb spring...Anyone else have a similar experience?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#24]
ordered one today for my 17

Fyi
Found a ss stromlake used on consigment for 150
Was gonna buy but thread pitch is 1/2 x 32

What is 32 for?  Didn't know they made that pitch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top