BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmm... maybe he'll finally do it. He's only been talking about it for 8 years.
View Quote

I believe he tried it years ago and the results were uninspiring.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well? What's the 411 on the LT Supressor, Mark?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
That will look nice on my OBR if you make a 762 version.

Any chance of a % off promotion like with the barrels and triggers?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

What if? That bottom rifle is a 762 tOBR/SCOBR.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

That looks like a 7.62 version...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't notice the mag. My bad!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#9]
sweet
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Ribbed for pleasure.  Make some rubber ones and sell a bag full of them.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#11]
"The LaRue Muzzle-Brake Adapter was designed for the new LaRue TranQuilo line of silencers. It is precision-machined from 17-4 PH Stainless Steel. The Adapter’s patented dual-shouldered design seats the TranQuilo suppressor in perfect alignment to the bore, eliminating gas from escaping to the rear of the suppressor…keeping attachment threads clean and free of carbon.The LaRue Muzzle-Brake Adapter was designed for the new LaRue TranQuilo line of silencers. It is precision-machined from 17-4 PH Stainless Steel. The Adapter’s patented dual-shouldered design seats the TranQuilo suppressor in perfect alignment to the bore, eliminating gas from escaping to the rear of the suppressor…keeping attachment threads clean and free of carbon. "

Taken from the UDE special edition rifle description.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"The LaRue Muzzle-Brake Adapter was designed for the new LaRue TranQuilo line of silencers. It is precision-machined from 17-4 PH Stainless Steel. The Adapter’s patented dual-shouldered design seats the TranQuilo suppressor in perfect alignment to the bore, eliminating gas from escaping to the rear of the suppressor…keeping attachment threads clean and free of carbon.The LaRue Muzzle-Brake Adapter was designed for the new LaRue TranQuilo line of silencers. It is precision-machined from 17-4 PH Stainless Steel. The Adapter’s patented dual-shouldered design seats the TranQuilo suppressor in perfect alignment to the bore, eliminating gas from escaping to the rear of the suppressor…keeping attachment threads clean and free of carbon. "

View Quote

cha ching
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder if that was intentional or if someone for got to redact...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh ... worthless to me unless I know that the special gas block is nutnfancy approved.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Mark will end up costing me a fortune! I had to buy SilcenerCo for my cans, and Seekins for my 300Blk build. But I know as soon as he releases a can with comp stats, and an 8" blk upper, i'll have to rebuy
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Fanboys will buy them even if they are chunks of billet with a 0.35"  hole drilled through them and threads cut in the end. However, I wonder what they bring to the table that AAC, Surefire, SiCo, and other established brands are missing?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm curious how one of those adapters/cans was on a rifle here years ago before they were barely a whisper.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:09:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fanboys will buy them even if they are chunks of billet with a 0.35"  hole drilled through them and threads cut in the end. However, I wonder what they bring to the table that AAC, Surefire, SiCo, and other established brands are missing?
View Quote

I'm not a fan boy by any means, but I do buy Larue when I need something, as it's the best of what I need (researched many hours for each purchase). I'll gladly buy another brand if better, but so far, if Larue makes it, I have found it to be the best for my needs.

That's why I purchased SilencerCo suppressors, a Saker 7.62 and an Omega. Both fit my needs the best, vs. other offerings. If Larue makes a better option/better value suppressor, I'll buy it. I purchased a Seekins 300Blk setup, as it was the best I could find that fit my needs. If Larue makes a better option/better value 300 blk upper, I'll buy it. I will NOT be buying a Larue trigger for the 300 BLK rifle, as they don't make a single stage trigger, I will be going with Wilson Combat for that.

People forget why stereo-types exist - it's because they are "normally" true. Fanboy status is achieved when the supplier is "normally" the best/right option available to the buyer(s). If Larue makes better products/value/customer service than other brands, they deserve their "fanboys"!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Meh ... worthless to me unless I know that the special gas block is nutnfancy approved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lolz. Well played
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How about some pricequilos?
View All Quotes

and some specquilos...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#25]
and will there be a special armaquilo?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think y'all are assuming too much. The name and pic both suggest Larue is finally making tactical incense burners.
View Quote

Long as it smells like gunpowder I'll buy it....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How about some pricequilos?
View All Quotes

I estimate in the range of a kilo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I guess I woke up just in time today....

Quoted:

Today around 10:00ish ...

ETA -

... they said "making a 5.56 is one thing, making a 7.62 is quite another" ...
... they said "thanks but no thanks, leave barrel making to barrel makers" ...
... they said "Golly G, why be crazy, leave trigger making to trigger makers" ...
... they said "Holy molds, stop the madness, leave polymers to the experts" ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think y'all are assuming too much. The name and pic both suggest Larue is finally making tactical incense burners.

Long as it smells like gunpowder I'll buy it....

Today around 10:00ish ...

ETA -

... they said "making a 5.56 is one thing, making a 7.62 is quite another" ...
... they said "thanks but no thanks, leave barrel making to barrel makers" ...
... they said "Golly G, why be crazy, leave trigger making to trigger makers" ...
... they said "Holy molds, stop the madness, leave polymers to the experts" ...

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

That adapters a little different design.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have no doubt it'll be nice. I just doubt I'll be able to afford one. I'd spend that much for one..
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#37]
300WM or no?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#38]
I want one but before I get it, I'm going to hit the gym a little more.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks very nice but at 23oz its a bit heavy.....

Lets face it, it will succeed because everything Larue does is thought to be "PURE GOLD" but if ANY OTHER company put out a 23oz suppressor it would be called a "BRICK".
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lets face it, it will succeed because everything Larue does is thought to be "PURE GOLD" but if ANY OTHER company put out a 23oz suppressor it would be called a "BRICK".
View Quote

I have no doubt it's built with the highest quality and workmanship possible but the weight is way up there. I'm guessing that's why the price is reflecting the weight because who in their right mind would pay 1k+ for a 23oz can?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have no doubt it's built with the highest quality and workmanship possible but the weight is way up there. I'm guessing that's why the price is reflecting the weight because who in their right mind would pay 1k+ for a 23oz can?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is a typical weight of a 308 suppressor?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#43]
They're here.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

plus $50.00 mount

or you can get an Omega for only $130.00 more that weighs 9oz less.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13.3 ounces

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/SANDSTORM-10p48.htm
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13.3 ounces

that's not typical, that's titanium
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

13.3 ounces

that's direct thread, though. the QA version is 17.5
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For an 8" can? 17-20oz.

23oz is a little heavy, but not unheard of. YHM has some heavy all SS cans that are a touch heavier.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Saker is almost 21oz, Specwar is 24 or 25. So, it's not like it's a 36oz tank.

Some of the newer offerings are coming in under 20oz, and the Ti versions under 15oz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saker is almost 21oz, Specwar is 24 or 25. So, it's not like it's a 36oz tank.

Some of the newer offerings are coming in under 20oz, and the Ti versions under 15oz.

what's the cost of those compared to the $699 Larue?

I know these are basic questions but I am thinking about joining the flock.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top