Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 12:27:22 PM EDT
Got email from SiCo:

Today, SilencerCo shipped our 5,000th Omega, making it the most popular silencer in the country across all categories.

That is a great number for a product on the market such a short time, but I do not think it is anywhere near the most popular silencer in the country ( as defined by units sold, not fanbois) unless they mean in last few years.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Got email from SiCo:

Today, SilencerCo shipped our 5,000th Omega, making it the most popular silencer in the country across all categories.

That is a great number for a product on the market such a short time, but I do not think it is anywhere near the most popular silencer in the country ( as defined by units sold, not fanbois) unless they mean in last few years.
View Quote

I imagine what they were trying to say is it's the most popular for units sold for 2015 or in it's short release period.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I imagine what they were trying to say is it's the most popular for units sold for 2015 or in it's short release period.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got email from SiCo:

^^ Yeah, I'm guessing it's this. Can you name another can that you think sold more units in 2015?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can you name another can that you think sold more units in 2015?
View Quote

Well that is the problem. Those records are not public.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, Silencerco doesn't sell direct, so 5,000 units shipped is 5,000 units shipped to distributors - who then sell to dealers - who then sell to the end user.

You could argue that is a few steps removed from the consumer and may or may not reflect true customer demand.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe it.  It is our #1 SKU of 2015 very easily.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Overall of all time? (in the US)

I would guess something like the YHM Mite.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Love mine.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Love mine.    

http://youtu.be/-Bi6IHgKbH0

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love mine.    

If you didn't have to clean them so often to keep them from locking up, or acid dip them to get them apart when they do stick
That's why I went with a sparrow.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Properly registered of course.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you name another can that you think sold more units in 2015?

So who is going to challenge that without facts?
Ballsy I guess
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you didn't have to clean them so often to keep them from locking up, or acid dip them to get them apart when they do stick

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Love mine.    

I just don't run more than a brick between cleaning, as per yhm, and I've never had trouble cleaning or disassembling. I just use CLP to loosen up the crud, brush it, and then dip in soapy water. Always comes perfectly clean.

That said, I too have a sparrow, but I use the Mite on my bolt gun. The sparrow goes on the semis.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]
hmmm i would have guessed a soda bottle and duct tape or an oil filter lol

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That said, I too have a sparrow, but I use the Mite on my bolt gun. The sparrow goes on the semis.
View Quote

All I've got is semis, and you know that with the sparrow it doesn't matter how many 1000s of rounds you've fired, it will still come apart.

On a related note, I've found that the waxy coating on the AE Suppressor Subsonic stuff seems to make the leadand carbon less likely to adhere to the baffles and it comes off easier.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm really happy with mine. The Specwar K is next on my list after holding one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#16]
If one were to acquire only (1) 7.62 can, would the Omega beat out the Saker?  Seems like I can't find a reason between the two to go with the Saker.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If one were to acquire only (1) 7.62 can, would the Omega beat out the Saker?  Seems like I can't find a reason between the two to go with the Saker.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

Saker should be more durable and has more mounting options. Omega wins in every other category.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Weight.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd bet money on the Gemtech Outback II.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Saker is better for shorter barrels, FA, and mounting under a handguard if thats your thing. Both are great options for different purposes
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saker is a little more robust and has more mounting options where the Omega kills it on weight and may have slightly better reduction.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe 5 years ago.  More sparrows out in the market than Outback II's now.  Plus the Outback II is discontinued so it falls on the charts daily.  

I'd say it would be one of the following for all time:
No order in particular.  
Sparrow
762-SDN-6
M4-2000
Spectre II
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe 5 years ago.  More sparrows out in the market than Outback II's now.  Plus the Outback II is discontinued so it falls on the charts daily.  

No order in particular.  
Sparrow
762-SDN-6
M4-2000
Spectre II
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No order in particular.  
Sparrow
762-SDN-6
M4-2000
Spectre II

Phantoms are probably up there
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No order in particular.  
Sparrow
762-SDN-6
M4-2000
Spectre II

Well yes and no. if we consider that YHM calls anything that is round with a hole in it a phantom then yes.  
If we discern the different models 3100, 3300 etc. then their models are so diluted that no one model rules the roost.  
I know tons of people with cans.  I don't know anyone with a Phantom.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#25]
In my neck of the woods, its probably the M4 2000.  

As for the 2015 model year, I bet the Omega is on the top of most dealers lists.   That thing, for better or worse, came out with alot of hype.  

SDN-6 level hype.  People went apeshit when that came out, too.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

As for the 2015 model year, I bet the Omega is on the top of most dealers lists.   That thing, for better or worse, came out with alot of hype.  

View Quote

The omega came out with a lot of hype with the manufacturing power to back it up.  Pretty much every other manufacturer hyped their new shit and didn't deliver.  

It's not a hard race to win it all you gotta do is ship what you say you're gonna ship.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

If I could get my hands on more than one at a time then it would be ours as well.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The omega came out with a lot of hype with the manufacturing power to back it up.  Pretty much every other manufacturer hyped their new shit and didn't deliver.  

It's not a hard race to win it all you gotta do is ship what you say you're gonna ship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats true.   They were shipping product the same day it was announced, if I remember correctly.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thats true.   They were shipping product the same day it was announced, if I remember correctly.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you'd think it wouldn't be hard to live up to that standard
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I think they've hit 8000 now.  That's pretty incredible.  The can is a good sound performer for its length.  It shows that there is obviously a market that is somewhere between a harvester and a military style suppressor for attributes.  I wonder how well it would have done if the hype were deleted and the product quietly launched.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Yhm 7.62 phantoms around here.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Why the lack of reviews concerning it's accuracy/repeatability if so popular.

I see how it wins on price/service.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  But apparently it's easy to get the talking part done.  Where the rubber meets the road is the hard part.

Quoted:
Why the lack of reviews concerning it's accuracy/repeatability if so popular.

I see how it wins on price/service.

Forms.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#34]
For as much defense this forum gives to the 556RC SOCOM Im surprised no one has listed it as a more popular can
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
For as much defense this forum gives to the 556RC SOCOM Im surprised no one has listed it as a more popular can
View Quote

Surefire costs too much to be as popular I'd say. I doubt a 5.56 would be the most popular anyway. I'm gonna go with a Sparrow as tons of people have bought them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#36]
iirc SWR had a previous series of suppressors called Omega also; but don't hold me to that.
iirc they were getting good reviews also;  i think that production stopped for a bafffle redesign before the  Silencerco merger.
Continuation of a good thing.

My best guess would be Silencerco's Sparrow.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#37]
My money would be on the M4-2000. They've been around for a while and AAC was extremely popular for a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top