Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2015 9:31:56 PM EDT
I have a Daniel Defense V5 and V11. Basically the same gun, 16" barrel, mid length gas system. I would like to run one suppressed all of the time. Ive yet to settle on one particular suppressor. I'm hoping to find someone running the same gun so I can find out what they chose in order to make it 100% reliable. I am hoping to avoid putting on an adjustable gas block, and instead go with a heavier buffer and spring.  Any recommendations. I run XM8555 and XM193 most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Try and H2 and H3 and see what your rifle likes. There's no magic answer to this.

I bet it will be very reliable with just a buffer change.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Instead of spending time or money worrying about the guns, I'd recommend getting the can first and shooting with it for a while.  You may find, as I have, that you don't love shooting suppressed 16" ARs.  I suspect you won't love the fact that your high-speed 16" carbine now has a heavy-ass 22" barrel on it.  

With that knowledge, instead of messing with a 16" gun that runs fine as is, you can start looking for your new SBR upper.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had to change anything on an AR to run it with a can, I've shot everything from 11.5" - 18", I just put the suppressor on and go.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Instead of spending time or money worrying about the guns, I'd recommend getting the can first and shooting with it for a while.  You may find, as I have, that you don't love shooting suppressed 16" ARs.  I suspect you won't love the fact that your high-speed 16" carbine now has a heavy-ass 22" barrel on it.  

With that knowledge, instead of messing with a 16" gun that runs fine as is, you can start looking for your new SBR upper.
View Quote

Bingo!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've never had to change anything on an AR to run it with a can, I've shot everything from 11.5" - 18", I just put the suppressor on and go.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This.

Quoted:

And this.

With my suppressed rifles (10.5" and 20"), I've used the following buffers: Carbine, H, H2, H3, rifle, T2, and JP-SCS (light and heavy versions). Every combination worked fine. That said, I bought one of these today to try out on my 10.5" dedicated suppressed rifle. I don't want an adjustable gas block, and since the rifle will always be suppressed, I don't need an adjustable gas block. Just something to consider if you get too much gas blowback.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, 14.5 gets mini can, full size 5.56 can for 10-11.5" barrel.  Even the 14.5 with a mini is a smidge longer and heavier than I'd like.  I wouldn't even consider suppressing a 16" AR.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a Daniel Defense V5 and V11. Basically the same gun, 16" barrel, mid length gas system. I would like to run one suppressed all of the time. Ive yet to settle on one particular suppressor. I'm hoping to find someone running the same gun so I can find out what they chose in order to make it 100% reliable. I am hoping to avoid putting on an adjustable gas block, and instead go with a heavier buffer and spring.  Any recommendations. I run XM8555 and XM193 most of the time.
View Quote

My DDM4 16.1" middy runs like a champ with my Surefire 556-212, or my SF SOCOM Mini with most any spring/buffer combo. The absolute sweetest shooting setup with a common buffer tube was a Springo Blue spring and H buffer. I could get similar feel from a Vltor A5 with the included buffer/spring in the kit. Either/or, really. About the same. SF suppressors have less backpressure than anything else on the market though (well, anything else that's popular pretty much), so that helped a lot.

Here is some high-speed footage of my rifle . Also included is one of my friend's rifles, a 16.1" BCM with a mil-spec spring and H buffer, I believe it is, and one of my SF cans on the end.

MK262 IMI w/SF 556-212, H buffer, Milspec spring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyDe7Wrhj50

MK262 IMI w/SF mini socom, H buffer, milspec spring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eXYFPSyF7Y

5.56 Browntip, PMC Bronze, and Wolf 55gr military classic (in that order) w/ SF 556-212, H buffer, mil-spec spring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXCQ8HWijc

5.56 Browntip, PMC Bronze, and Wolf 55gr military classic (in that order) w/ SF 556-212, Vltor A5 standard kit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-S8P5Ao9jU

BCM w/H buffer, Milspec spring, PMC XTAC M193 and my SF 556-212 suppressor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrYPaiydFE

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top