Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 12:08:15 PM EDT
I'm looking for a low profile, light weight, 0.75" dia adjustable gas block.

It will be installed on my full auto mk18 which I run a trek-t suppressor on 99% of the time. My goal is to reduce gas to the face, keep the internal parts cleaner (if possible) and adjust the ejection pattern. Right now I'm using a H2 buffer to solve the over gassed issue but would prefer to just use the appropriate amount of gas instead of messing with heavier buffers.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
SLR Rifleworks has, or is coming out with, a titanium adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had no complaints on my syrac gen 2. I like the detent setup requiring only one tool.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
MicroMOA that used the plates is probably the best option but costly.  The ones that used a set screw with a brass locking screw like Seekins (and now the many cheap generics) or the ones that have clickable settings from the front would work also.  Anderson is making the cheapest one of these now ($58).
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Syrac Gen II as well.     Easy to adjust, does its job well and was simple to install.

Very happy with its performance so far.    Much less gas to the face, and my action stays much cleaner.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MicroMOA that used the plates is probably the best option but costly.  The ones that used a set screw with a brass locking screw like Seekins (and now the many cheap generics) or the ones that have clickable settings from the front would work also.  Anderson is making the cheapest one of these now ($58).
View Quote

It will be used on a transferable MG so coat at this point is no issue. Just need function and durability, I don't run my MG until the barrel starts to glow or anything extreme like like that but it's nice to know it can handle it if I did.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It will be used on a transferable MG so coat at this point is no issue. Just need function and durability, I don't run my MG until the barrel starts to glow or anything extreme like like that but it's nice to know it can handle it if I did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one the MicroMOA uppers on a transferable M16 and have really like it.  I plan on buying another one in the future.

I used to make my own adjustable set screw type gas blocks years ago before a bunch of manufacturers jumped onto the adjustable gas block bandwagon.

The biggest benefit on the MicroMOA units is that they are quick change and require no tools.  You slide the plate with a bullet tip, one "click" and you are dialed in for suppressed, non-suppressed, or adverse (or what I call the "wolf ammo") setting.  No looking for an allen wrench, no remembering how many turns or clicks this way or that way, what was the last setting from a prior range session, etc.    Just one quick look at the plate and a push of the plate if you need to change and you are done.

The only downside I have found is that the MircoMOA blocks do spit out a small amount of gas and crud to the sides.  If you want to put the gas block under a rail and then reach up and wrap your hand around the rail costa-style where the gas block is, this block may not be for you as you are going to get stung on your bare hand vs. unlike a set screw type block where almost nothing escapes except down the gas tube.    I run a VFG on my M16s so its a non issue for me as my hand is way underneath the rail.

If I was building a precision rig or something with a permanent suppressor I would probably buy a nice set screw block, adjust it and dial it in once and just leave it.  However, if this is a gun where you are going to be taking the can on and off, the Micromoa offers much more flexibility to quickly switch settings.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have one the MicroMOA uppers on a transferable M16 and have really like it.  I plan on buying another one in the future.

I used to make my own adjustable set screw type gas blocks years ago before a bunch of manufacturers jumped onto the adjustable gas block bandwagon.

The biggest benefit on the MicroMOA units is that they are quick change and require no tools.  You slide the plate with a bullet tip, one "click" and you are dialed in for suppressed, non-suppressed, or adverse (or what I call the "wolf ammo") setting.  No looking for an allen wrench, no remembering how many turns or clicks this way or that way, what was the last setting from a prior range session, etc.    Just one quick look at the plate and a push of the plate if you need to change and you are done.

The only downside I have found is that the MircoMOA blocks do spit out a small amount of gas and crud to the sides.  If you want to put the gas block under a rail and then reach up and wrap your hand around the rail costa-style where the gas block is, this block may not be for you as you are going to get stung on your bare hand vs. unlike a set screw type block where almost nothing escapes except down the gas tube.    I run a VFG on my M16s so its a non issue for me as my hand is way underneath the rail.

If I was building a precision rig or something with a permanent suppressor I would probably buy a nice set screw block, adjust it and dial it in once and just leave it.  However, if this is a gun where you are going to be taking the can on and off, the Micromoa offers much more flexibility to quickly switch settings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm your last comment describes what I'm doing best. Planning to dial it in to the correct amount and then rocksett the direct thread suppressor and never touch it again. Sounds like a block with a screw adjustment may be best. I'm looking at a Wilson combat right now, seems to be the same size-ish as the Troy low profile block I'm already using. The Syrac gen ii looks nice but like the Wilson combat have to be adjusted from the front which I would have to remove my suppressor each time. Do they make a similar block that adjusts with a screw from the side?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hmm your last comment describes what I'm doing best. Planning to dial it in to the correct amount and then rocksett the direct thread suppressor and never touch it again. Sounds like a block with a screw adjustment may be best. I'm looking at a Wilson combat right now, seems to be the same size-ish as the Troy low profile block I'm already using. The Syrac gen ii looks nice but like the Wilson combat have to be adjusted from the front which I would have to remove my suppressor each time. Do they make a similar block that adjusts with a screw from the side?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or dial it in with out the rail attached?  That's how I dialed all mine in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I uesd a Seekins on my 300Blackout build.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I would have suggested the MOA GovNah too, until I read where you wanted to dial it in and then Rockset it.  If I were going to do that I wouldn't spend money on an adjustable.......I'd go the Baby Govnah and size the port to what works for your condition and be done with it.  Fully agree with the statement that needle pointed adjusters wear out rather quickly and allow more gas over time.  I used to have that problem shooting Highpower competition..........would imagine that full auto would only exacerbate that problem.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think you meant the Seekins? You don't dial in a Mirco MOA block and Rockset it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would have suggested the MOA GovNah too, until I read where you wanted to dial it in and then Rockset it.  If I were going to do that I wouldn't spend money on an adjustable.......I'd go the Baby Govnah and size the port to what works for your condition and be done with it.  Fully agree with the statement that needle pointed adjusters wear out rather quickly and allow more gas over time.  I used to have that problem shooting Highpower competition..........would imagine that full auto would only exacerbate that problem.

I think you meant the Seekins? You don't dial in a Mirco MOA block and Rockset it.

No, I said I would have suggested the Govnah, until I saw that he wants to "dial in and Rockset" the adj. gas block. (his words, not mine)  If you're going to Rockset an adjustable gas block then I see no reason to go with an adjustable.....just get the Baby Govnah and size the hole for the conditions and be done with it.  Any adjustable block that uses a needle type adjuster is going to suffer wear from gas erosion and gradually allow more gas to pass than what the initial setting allowed, especially running full auto often.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I have one of the microMOA blocks and it really is great. I will second the complaint about the gas discharge though. My hand was pretty dirty after the first range trip so now I use a glove.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SLR Rifleworks has, or is coming out with, a titanium adjustable gas block.
View Quote

I didn't come across the micro moa when shopping for mine about 8mo ago but the SLR is great. They're constantly making small improvements to the design too, which I like. You do have to adjust it with a hex wrench but it's pretty easy even under a KMR. I really like the fact that the end user can easily take it apart and clean it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

D'oh...I read wrong, my bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I said I would have suggested the Govnah, until I saw that he wants to "dial in and Rockset" the adj. gas block. (his words, not mine)  If you're going to Rockset an adjustable gas block then I see no reason to go with an adjustable.....just get the Baby Govnah and size the hole for the conditions and be done with it.  Any adjustable block that uses a needle type adjuster is going to suffer wear from gas erosion and gradually allow more gas to pass than what the initial setting allowed, especially running full auto often.

He wants to Rocksett a direct-thread can onto the barrel. Not Rocksett the gas block.That is why he said an adj. would work because he is making it a dedicated rifle for suppressed shooting.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He wants to Rocksett a direct-thread can onto the barrel. Not Rocksett the gas block.That is why he said an adj. would work because he is making it a dedicated rifle for suppressed shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, I admit, my reading comprehension needs a tune-up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I see nothing as to what kind of FF tube is to be used with the Govnah adj, or do you have to cut the slot for the adjustment?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I would try slr sentry 7, Hear they're the best on market. I wouldn't get a syrac, customer service isn't too good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Right here-http://micromoa.com/pics/ Robert shows customer pics as well as what rails they are running.

I can tell you from my own expectance that they fit perfectly under Troy Alpha and Midwest Ind Gen 2 SS Series rails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see nothing as to what kind of FF tube is to be used with the Govnah adj, or do you have to cut the slot for the adjustment?

Right here-http://micromoa.com/pics/ Robert shows customer pics as well as what rails they are running.

I can tell you from my own expectance that they fit perfectly under Troy Alpha and Midwest Ind Gen 2 SS Series rails.

In other words, I either have to buy a new FF tube, or grind mine out to do any adjusting.
Don't think so.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

In other words, I either have to buy a new FF tube, or grind mine out to do any adjusting.
Don't think so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't think so.

I don't think you mentioned which rails you are running...
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How about you tell us what rail your running?

I'll bet you it will still fit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't think so.

How about you tell us what rail your running?

I'll bet you it will still fit.

The RRA half quad, and the gas block is under the tube.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#29]
And therein lies the problem.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, the rocksett will be used on a thread on suppressor, not the gas block.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top