Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 8:58:34 AM EDT
I just wanted to post up on here for the Form 1 builders something that I recently ran across. While I was looking for a good baffle press to make my Form 1 can, I found J&S Tactical freeze plug forming dies. I ordered the "C' and "D" cell dies and received them in record time (2-3 days). After reviewing the directions, which were not too precise, I started forming my baffles. The directions stated to "press until you can't press any more" or along those lines, so I did. I wasn't intentionally trying to Hulk Smash them, but ended up peening over the top edge of the base die that holds the freeze plug making it hard to seat the next plug. Guess I was pressing too hard. Baffles were formed perfectly, everything centered and good to go, very easy to use.

I received an email asking how I liked the product and replied as follows:

Me: "I used the "C" cell press, and while I am impressed with the performance, I noticed that the top lip of the forming die (the part that the inside of the freeze plug sits on) has deformed a little and makes it very difficult to seat the next plug. I followed all the supplied directions, but may have misunderstood the "press until there is no more movement" part. Any help in correcting this issue would be helpful."

J&S Tactical: "I shipped out a replacement no charge. Tracking number is 9400111XXXXXXXXXXXX541"

Me: "Jim,  Thank you very much, this kind of customer service is unfortunately becoming more and more hard to find. Would you like me to ship back the damaged item?"

J&S Tactical: "No need to ship it back, just toss it. When we say lifetime guarantee, we mean it.

Jim"

I am not in any way employed by or receiving anything as payment from J&S Tactical, but just wanted to point out that even if you Hulk Smash the dies, they have a Lifetime Guarantee.

They will be getting more business from me in the future.

Chris

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Earned my business.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:44:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't used mine yet, still a few weeks to go but the machining looks good, it was shipped fast and they included the nut and bolt if you needed to chuck up a FP in a drill and sand it down for a slip fit.  Is it 10 cents worth of bolt and nut? yes.  Does it save me the time trying to find the right size and length in my bins or worse go down to the hardware store adn pick one up?  Definitely.

And the .50 cal beer bottle opener keychain was a nifty little add on in the box.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top