Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2015 2:06:47 PM EDT
So I have a few questions about shooting a M92 PAP AK47 pistol with a surefire socom 762rc suppressor...

How can i check to make sure i will not have a baffle strike? I know ak47s have issues with threads being concentric to the bore.
I have a usmachinegun thread adapter installed with a surefire flash hider suppressor mount on that.
http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=M922-308 (thread adapter)

Could i just run this 7.62x51mm barrel straightness gauge down the bore with the suppressor mounted and check for resistance?
http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...59-103920.aspx

Could i just send the whole gun with the usmachingun adapter and flashider mount installed to ADCO to be checked?

Does the timing really matter on a surefire flash hider mount?
I know brakes need to be timed.

Would shooting wolf or tula steel cased 7.62x39 through the can be an issue?

What happens if i have a baffle strike?
I doubt surefire would cover it all at no cost.

At the end of the day this may not even be worth it. I already have everything installed. I'm just afraid to pull the trigger and have a baffle strike.

Thanks for any input. I will obviously look into this more myself when i have time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The suppressor cost twice (three times?) as much as the rifle.  Between that, and the fact that it's an AK and isn't going to suppress very well, I wouldn't do it.

This setup is screaming for a used Huntertown Armory can... so you don't have to feel bad when it doesn't work, or gets a baffle strike.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Mill the threads off the gas block and thread the actual barrel.

A close fitting dowel rod is an easy rudimentary way to at least see if its way off.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top