Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 9:05:41 PM EDT
I'm looking for a can for my 11.5" sbr.  I currently have an aac 762-sdn-2 and now i'm looking for a dedicated 5.56 can.

My main concerns are Weight and Noise Supression.  Money is mostly irrelevant, buy once cry once.  Ideally I want something with a QD system (i know this adds a few ounces).

I generally like liberty cans, but their only 556 QD can is heavy.  After browsing silencershop I'm looking at the saker k, specwar k, Gemtech g5-t and the templar tactical ark pms.

I've never been a huge gemtech fan in the past, not that i have anything against them and I've never heard of templar tactical before.  SilencerCo always makes good kit, but the gemtech and templar both look interesting.

I'm open to anything really.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the Gemtexh Trek T. It only adds 8oz to the weapon, 5.7 inches, and is a tough can. Only downside, if you see this as a downside, is it's direct thread. Oh and it's rated down to 10.3in barrel.

The Saker K would also be a good choice, will be heavier and longer, but has QD.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]
KAC QDC/CQB is a great can in a small package.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you need a mini 5.56 can.

KAC CQB/QDC also comes to my mind for that role.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my surefire mini.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Saker k or a surefire mini if you want to pony up the cash.
I can't see paying $1119 for a Templar
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
The more I look at the saker k the more I like it.  Esp since it works with the aac 51t.  Also the aac mini
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the exact same situation.  

You might check out Griffin Armament Recce 5.  Db reduction is like 35db+ and the taper mount is supposed to lock up really nice.  Counter guy at silencershop was really high on it.  $635, 14.5 oz

I've basically got it down to that or the Specwar 556 K.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Would look into a aac mini 4, I also have a sdn6 which is a great multi caliber can, but was wanting a lighter and shorter can for my mk18.  I should be getting approved soon, so I'll try to write up a review. If you already have aac mounts makes it easier too. I have heard nothing but good things about the mini 4.  Plus I believe it's smaller than the new saker k.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been looking at the Specwar K but videos and reviews are nonexistent. I've got an Omega in jail so I don't know if the .55 length difference is worth it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been looking at the Specwar K but videos and reviews are nonexistent. I've got an Omega in jail so I don't know if the .55 length difference is worth it.
View Quote
You know it's going to be a good can because Silencerco makes it.  It's a compromise on cost and db's.  

I think that would be a great Hi-Lo combination
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been wanting a Specwar K lately.  I have a Specwar 7.62 that I use on a 10.5", 11.5" and a 16" 5.56 guns and it is super quiet to me, much more than I ever expected but would like a lighter and shorter option for my 11.5" and 16" precision/hunting rifles.  Max suppression and completely hearing safe are not as important since it's only 1 or 2 shots here and there.  The extra length and weight of the Specwar 7.62 are definitely doable and not too bothersome for amount of sound reduction just kind of wanting to scratch that itch for another can.

Anyone heard or own both a Specwar 7.62 and Specwar K?  What's the difference in sound reduction on 5.56?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been wanting a Specwar K lately.  I have a Specwar 7.62 that I use on a 10.5", 11.5" and a 16" 5.56 guns and it is super quiet to me, much more than I ever expected but would like a lighter and shorter option for my 11.5" and 16" precision/hunting rifles.  Max suppression and completely hearing safe are not as important since it's only 1 or 2 shots here and there.  The extra length and weight of the Specwar 7.62 are definitely doable and not too bothersome for amount of sound reduction just kind of wanting to scratch that itch for another can.

Anyone heard or own both a Specwar 7.62 and Specwar K?  What's the difference in sound reduction on 5.56?
View Quote

I have both of those in jail, will let you know in 4 months or so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a specwar 762 and will have the specwar k in hand next week (waiting on ss to ship to my house). Once I hit the range I will let you know what I think.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a specwar 762 and will have the specwar k in hand next week (waiting on ss to ship to my house). Once I hit the range I will let you know what I think.
View Quote

Please take some pictures and maybe even video if possible. I'm really wanting to get one but would at least like to see/hear it first. A comparison between the 762, and K would be awesome too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Saker K, end of conversation
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

this^^^^
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Gemtech Trek-T, for the reasons already stated.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll have a specwar K in hand in the next couple weeks. I'll be sure to update when I have it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#20]
OP here, the more i think about my needs vs my wants I'm starting to waffle on wanting a QD supressor.  The more I think of what the purpose of this rifle/can combo will be, the more i'm seeing the need less weight and size while maintaining good sound suppression as being more important than my want for a cool QD toy.  I'd almost certainly leave this can on this upper at all times.  My only concern is the can backing off on the threads of the 11.5" upper and more blast baffle erosion with out the sacrificial lamb that is the qd muzzle break mount..  Maybe a strap wrench and some teflon tape would solve the first concern and the second i'll have to live with..

I'm leaning more and more towards the trek-t or something like it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#21]
The Saker K can do QD or direct thread.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I've only ever shot the Saker QD and the SOCOM-556-RC (in 5.56).

SOCOM was louder.  Saker connection seemed a bit more complicated.

Both were quality if you end up going either of these routes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I just bought a Gemtech Trek off of Gunbroker. For $560 OTD I have to give it a try.

This will be my first centerfire suppressor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top