Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 8:17:47 PM EDT
So back in the summer I set up an LLC in PA, with me living in a non NFA adjoining state. Well back in Sept I submitted three Form 4's in one evelope for three cans from three different Dealers. I was expecting them to be approved around this time based on others experiences. Well one of the Dealers just contacted me stating that NFA kicked the Form 4 for the non NFA address of the LLC. They did this despite the fact I stated on the Form 4 that safe storage will be in PA, I just did not convey where as I was told I did not have to. I expect the other two Dealers to contact me about this as well. While I am sure this is just a formality, my concern is what happens now, once resolved does it go to the bottom of the pile?.  

PS I miss the days of approvals taking 3-4 weeks

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I learned something new today. I can't help but am interested in the fix for future reference.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I would call the ATF and discuss the issue with them as you did before. If they were returned in error status they go back to the examiner. If they were denied you may be able to talk to them and get them back to the examiner instead of starting over. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Little background first.  I have previously owned NFA items via a PA corp back in the 90's and early 2000's while I was living in the adjoining non NFA state. Of course the safe storage of said NFA items was in PA. When I did this all those years ago a red flag over the Corp's non NFA friendly address came up which caused the former Chief of the NFA Kent Cousins to contact me. He and I spoke about the safe storage and I let him know where the NFA items were going to be stored in PA and he was fine with my storage scenario. Every Form 4 was approved going forward. Well I eventually got out of NFA, huge mistake in life  but now I want back in

So back in the summer I set up an LLC in PA, again with me living in the same non NFA adjoining state. Well back in Sept I submitted three Form 4's in one evelope for three cans from three different Dealers. I was expecting them to be approved around this time based on others experiences. Well one of the Dealers just contacted me stating that NFA kicked the Form 4 for the non NFA address of the LLC. They did this despite the fact I stated on the Form 4 that safe storage will be in PA, I just did not convey where as I was told I did not have to. I expect the other two Dealer to contact me about this as well. While I am sure this is just a formality, my concern is what happens now, once resolved does it go to the bottom of the pile?.  

PS I miss the days of approvals taking 3-4 weeks

Thanks
View Quote

NO If it's for a correction you get back in line, where you were.
I did an efile F4, which the ffl oops forgot to add the word TRUST. Kicked back, then had to paper submit since F4 (is still down) . Called and 1st person said sorry back of line Called again, spoke with a different person and the issue was resolved, F4 approved 10 days later.

I'd do the same if i were you. If you happened to have any of your old paperwork, you might bring up it was approved last go round.
DON'T FORGET ..NAME , DATE, TIME of call and What the the reply from atf was.  I had one phone person tell me my info was incorrect. I then told them if so, perhaps we could get agent X in on the conversation. As it was agent X who gave me said info. OOPS , No problem sir, i will get it handled
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top