BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I had to guess, Id say youll never see a big name Ti can that is rated for the short barrels and high pressure calibers the Saker is.  I have no doubt that the Saker is far stronger than the Omega.  I also have no doubt that I will never wear out an Omega. YMMV.

Also, it seems like the rear mount rig is just the ASR adapter from the Harvester Big Bore.  

With no notches machined into the back of the can to help torque MAAD mounts on, Im guessing that this can will never get the MAAD system.

Still, its a nice can.  Light, roughly the length of the Saker K, and Specwar sound levels.  

I want it.
View Quote

Gemtech gmt-300wm?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#2]
As others have stated I find it hard to believe that it is only rated down to 10" on Blackout when it is full auto rated for 10" on 556 and 16" 308. Then again I do not reload or have a full under standing of pressure exertions in a suppressor body. It seems to me there is a lot more information not out yet on it but then again they are already selling so what would be left out?

I talked with my dealer here in Houston who will be attending Shot and I am on hold for now until he gets back to me with more info. Last thing the Specwar mounts were caliber friendly as the Saker's correct; as in an ASR mount will attach to its respective 556 and 762 FH/Brake?

eta: grammer
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I talked with my dealer here in Houston who will be attending Shot and I am on hold for now until he gets back to me with more info. Last thing the Specwar mounts where caliber friendly as the Saker's correct; as in an ASR mount will attach to its respective 556 and 762 FH/Brake?
View Quote

The Specwar762 will attach to both 762 and 556 muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I hope so. That really hurts it if it can't handle 8" with subs at least. I'd prefer supers as well. I have standardized on 51t mounts and own the Saker556, Harvester, 762SDN6, and AAC 556-sd. I would like to use this in its thread on application with a 5.56 end cap option. It's a bit longer than a Mini-4 but only a half oz heavier. Possibly lighter altogether without the brake and set up for thread on.

I like the idea of getting direct thread mounts for all of my SiCo cans. Bonus for the Omega that it comes with the direct thread and qd options, includng a muzzle device. It seems to be an extremely versatile jack of all trades can. Arguably the best in the industry in that regard.  That's just my opinion, but I'm an admitted koolaid drinker.

How are you guys storing all of your suppressor end caps, parts, etc?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Straight from SICO:

Thanks for contacting us.
The Omega is rated down to 10" with the 300blk.

I was hoping it was rated for 8" :/

I bet that changes to 8" very soon, just like AAC changing the warranty on their suppressors. If it can handle 10" .223, it can handle 8" 300 BLK.

I hope so. That really hurts it if it can't handle 8" with subs at least. I'd prefer supers as well. I have standardized on 51t mounts and own the Saker556, Harvester, 762SDN6, and AAC 556-sd. I would like to use this in its thread on application with a 5.56 end cap option. It's a bit longer than a Mini-4 but only a half oz heavier. Possibly lighter altogether without the brake and set up for thread on.

I like the idea of getting direct thread mounts for all of my SiCo cans. Bonus for the Omega that it comes with the direct thread and qd options, includng a muzzle device. It seems to be an extremely versatile jack of all trades can. Arguably the best in the industry in that regard.  That's just my opinion, but I'm an admitted koolaid drinker.

This is a more robust can than the harvester and the harvester is rated for 8" 300blk. Use your noggin for more than a hat rack fellas.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is a more robust can than the harvester and the harvester is rated for 8" 300blk. Use your noggin for more than a hat rack fellas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Straight from SICO:

Thanks for contacting us.
The Omega is rated down to 10" with the 300blk.

I was hoping it was rated for 8" :/

I bet that changes to 8" very soon, just like AAC changing the warranty on their suppressors. If it can handle 10" .223, it can handle 8" 300 BLK.

Yes the Harvester is rated for 8" sub's not supers.  Supersonic has to be 16".  

I'm sure you can use the Omega on a 8" 300blk but sub's only I'm bet.  But in the video the .300blk rifle looks like a 10.5.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#6]
And I already got sent another email this morning:
sorry for the confusion...  The 10" minimum barrel is for Supersonic 300blk.  There is no minimum barrel length for Subsonic.

Thanks...
View Quote

So definitely better I suppose. But supers would be nice..
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tackle boxes.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#8]

I'm sure you can use the Omega on a 8" 300blk but sub's only I'm bet.  But in the video the .300blk rifle looks like a 10.5.
View Quote

Interesting, because I've shot the yellow 300blk noveske SBR you see in their promo videos with the harvester. Some wires are crossed somewhere because 10" 5.56 has a ton more muzzle pressure and unvurnt powder than 10" 300blk. That makes no sense at all.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I need to grab something similar...just need to make sure it has at least one longer section for things like the Saker tools.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Interesting, because I've shot the yellow 300blk noveske SBR you see in their promo videos with the harvester. Some wires are crossed somewhere because 10" 5.56 has a ton more muzzle pressure and unvurnt powder than 10" 300blk. That makes no sense at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wouldn't hesitate to shoot supers out of an 8" 300BLK with an Omega, if I owned one. But YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I need to grab something similar...just need to make sure it has at least one longer section for things like the Saker tools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The dividers are removable, so you can configure it for long items like wrenches, pusher tools, etc.

The o-ring gasket is a nice touch too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So you shot it with supers???????

You shot a 10.5 5.56 with a Harvester on the end? Please elaborate on this.

I'm a little confused.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I really like what I'm seeing but I'm a little confused as to why the Omega is only rated down to 10" for the 300BLK.  I would love to use this can on my 8" 300.

I'm no suppressor guru but given their other offerings and the specs and ratings on them, it doesn't make sense to me why they would only rate it down to 10" for the 300BLK.

eta- I am discussing supers, not subs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#14]
"The Omega is rated down to a 10" barrel when using supersonic 300blk.  It does not have a minimum barrel length with subsonic as long as your bullet is stabilizing".

Straight from silencerco customer service. Just emailed them today
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm a little confused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a little confused.

Not their demo gun but I have shot a harvester on my 8" 300blk and was fine.

I was commenting on how the omega is rated for 10" 5.56 which doesn't compute to limiting 300blk to 10" too. 8" 300blk has less muzzle pressure than 10" 5.56. I asked my contact about it and he said they simply hadn't tested it on an 8" with supers yet. I will be running it on my 8". If it can handle 20" magnums it can handle an 8" 300blk.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was commenting on how the omega is rated for 10" 5.56 which doesn't compute to limiting 300blk to 10" too. 8" 300blk has less muzzle pressure than 10" 5.56. I asked my contact about it and he said they simply hadn't tested it on an 8" with supers yet. I will be running it on my 8". If it can handle 20" magnums it can handle an 8" 300blk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a little confused.

That was my argument when I spoke to SilencerCo but they weren't having it.  They said "exactly" no supers under 16" 300.blk through a Harvester.

You mind sending me an IM of what you've shot through your Harvestre and what gun so I don't jumble up this thread anymore?

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That was my argument when I spoke to SilencerCo but they weren't having it.  They said "exactly" no supers under 16" 300.blk through a Harvester.

You mind sending me an IM of what you've shot through your Harvestre and what gun so I don't jumble up this thread anymore?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a little confused.

I wouldn't take anything I've done as gospel or what you should do. I'm not an engineer, just someone with quickload, a little common sense and some experience with pressure vessels and the calculations for burst strength. I ran my 308 rated recce 7 on my 300wm and shot my Specwar wet on my 8" blackout. Doesn't mean you should or would get away with it. I only ran the harvester on my 300blk for a hog hunt so no high volume fire. Just didn't feel like lugging around 28oz of specwar/mount vs 12oz of harvester.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a little confused.

Hopefully they do test it and give it the ok.  Seems almost a given if they rate it to 10"for 5.56, that they'd clear it for use on an 8" 300.

I really like this can, and probably would've ordered it as my first 7.62 can (vs the Specwar762).  But I did take advantage of the Specwar/Spectre II deal, so I don't feel too bummed out.  I may very well pick one of these up too.  

Coincidentally,  I just received an email an hour ago that my Specwar762 Form 3 came back and they're sending it off to my dealer.

ps.  My Spectre II form 3 time was right at 2 months.  My Specwar762 (purchased at the same time), didn't ship til today.  It took almost 3 months for that form 3.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hopefully they do test it and give it the ok.  Seems almost a given if they rate it to 10"for 5.56, that they'd clear it for use on an 8" 300.

I really like this can, and probably would've ordered it as my first 7.62 can (vs the Specwar762).  But I did take advantage of the Specwar/Spectre II deal, so I don't feel too bummed out.  I may very well pick one of these up too.  

Coincidentally,  I just received an email an hour ago that my Specwar762 Form 3 came back and they're sending it off to my dealer.

ps.  My Spectre II form 3 time was right at 2 months.  My Specwar762 (purchased at the same time), didn't ship til today.  It took almost 3 months for that form 3.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a little confused.

Wow! That sucks! Form 3 wait times have gotten ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wow! That sucks! Form 3 wait times have gotten ridiculous.
View Quote

it's not all of them - there was a batch of them submitted in june that got "lost" and ended up taking around 3-4 months

others are running normally
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh well, ordered a Saker in November. Form 3 cleared at the end of December, and the Form 4 sent off on the 2nd of this month. Ha! Just my luck.
Screw it though, have a Harvestor for lightweight bolt guns/hunting, SDN-6, SD 556, and the Saker on the way, I think I will ride these cans out for a while and pick something else in that catagory up in a year or so when the Omega is old news. In the meantime, y'all enjoy the Omega- looks like an awesome can.

Now we're they to offer MAAD modules for it, I may go that route. All mine are set up for 51t
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh well, ordered a Saker in November. Form 3 cleared at the end of December, and the Form 4 sent off on the 2nd of this month. Ha! Just my luck.
Screw it though, have a Harvestor for lightweight bolt guns/hunting, SDN-6, SD 556, and the Saker on the way, I think I will ride these cans out for a while and pick something else in that catagory up in a year or so when the Omega is old news. In the meantime, y'all enjoy the Omega- looks like an awesome can.

Now we're they to offer MAAD modules for it, I may go that route. All mine are set up for 51t
View Quote

I am in the same boat with a saker, but my other cans are yhm. I'd also have ordered an omega last night if it could be made compatible.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I bet the only thing that would make most of you more upset than the fact that they opted for the ASR mount, would be if you knew that MAAD mounts for the Harvester existed around Silencerco for employees to use on the Harvester (and thus Omega) suppressors.  ETA: maybe Big Bore model only?

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I bet the only thing that would make most of you more upset than the fact that they opted for the ASR mount, would be if you knew that MAAD mounts for the Harvester existed around Silencerco for employees to use on the Harvester (and thus Omega) suppressors.  

View Quote

That isn't surprising at all. The reason why they aren't being sold would be interesting to know.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That isn't surprising at all. The reason why they aren't being sold would be interesting to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet the only thing that would make most of you more upset than the fact that they opted for the ASR mount, would be if you knew that MAAD mounts for the Harvester existed around Silencerco for employees to use on the Harvester (and thus Omega) suppressors.  

I contacted SilencerCo about a ASR mount for the Harvester and they said it wouldn't work because the Harvester isnt wide enough to fit a brake into it.  The big bore is wider so it could accommodate the asr brake.

Now I didn't ask about the MAAD mount so Waylon spill the beans!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

well so much for my length theory, now I'm doubly concerned that they concluded internally that the trifecta maad mount sucks and asr is the future
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I contacted SilencerCo about a ASR mount for the Harvester and they said it wouldn't work because the Harvester isnt wide enough to fit a brake into it.  The big bore is wider so it could accommodate the asr brake.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

To be fair...it's possibly just the Big Bore for that reason.

No real beans to spill. Y'all have to know this stuff goes on. It's just a matter of whether or not they ever want to release them. I've never seen them, and never had anybody at SiCo admit it, but as long as they took to release the ASR and Y-Mount MAAD modules, you know they have stuff they're working on and testing internally.

Quoted:
well so much for my length theory, now I'm doubly concerned that they concluded internally that the trifecta maad mount sucks and asr is the future

FWIW, I don't think the "Trifecta is junk" theory is anything to worry about. But that's just me.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, yeah, I understand the sentiment, but I dont think you have to worry about that.  

I think the ASR is a good mount, but my opinion counts for shit.   I also think the Gemtech bilock is one of the best mounts on the market too, and lots of people dont agree. As usual, the question of mounts is more often one of opinion.  

However, the MAAD/Trifecta mount is proven.   Other than it being sticky when the flash hider or brake is still new, its rock solid.  It doesnt loosen up, it doesnt carbon up significantly, its a true one handed install, and its cheap at 65 bucks a pop.   I dont like the size of it, but it is what it is.   I think everyone here would say that its better than the ASR mount.  

The big deal here is that the attachment module is expensive to manufacture for the MAAD system.  The ASR module is much cheaper, I would guess.

I really believe the ASR module keeps the price down, and since this can is a bit of a hybrid Specwar/Harvester, the price point is ok.   Im still not sold on it being a better can than the Saker or the Socom RC, but I think we will know for sure in a few weeks.   At the price and weight, I hope its the best fucking rifle can ever made.  Im not afraid to buy a few more ASR mounts.   Ill never have too many cans.  

Ever.      
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

FWIW, I don't think the "Trifecta is junk" theory is anything to worry about. But that's just me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

part of my concern is rooted in having read various people having issues with the trifecta mount on here, and having now interacted with it in person, I sorta regret not going ASR for my saker/rifles

not to say I think that the trifecta is shit, but the asr seems more robust
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

part of my concern is rooted in having read various people having issues with the trifecta mount on here, and having now interacted with it in person, I sorta regret not going ASR for my saker/rifles

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Silencershop has an original Saker with 10's of thousands of rounds and countless on/off cycles and it is still going strong. I have had no issues thus far with the trifecta either and have no concerns about its robustness. It is built like a brick shithouse.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I have had both of my Sakers with the Trifecta mount get stuck on after being allowed to cool and was able to remove both by simply smacking the mount with my hand a few times.  This is the extent of my problems with the Trifecta, it is a very good mounting system and I have no desire to change from it.

I just emailed SiCo asking if they will make the Trifecta mount an option for the Omega, so we will see what they have to say.  I don't have a lot of hope, if they were planning on it they would have already announced it.  They had to have considered it at some point and decided not to, although they had to know Saker owners would not be happy about it.  Hopefully enough Trifecta users will complain loudly enough to get them to change their mind.  I am very interested in hearing their reasoning for not offering it though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Having the Trifecta mount available would make me more likely to buy the Omega. Dont know how much more, but more. But that means in stores and in stock at Brownells and on the SICo website, unlike the MAAD A2 mount. Which I would still purchase. Please. Two.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I also heard and seen of several instances when the asr mount either broke or wore out.  There is no perfect mount.  

I can deal with the asr mount and may still buy a Omega but the whole point of the MAAD mount system is modularity and for the trifecta version is one hand on and off.  Can't do any of that with the asr.  Just saying.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Maybe the early release besides attention was to get feedback and make decisions on what extra offerings in the form of accessories to launch into production for release???
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm interested to get some real-world metering on this thing.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#36]
If the objective was to make a lightweight suppressor then that rules the MAAD mount out so that is no surprise.

I had planned on ordering a Saker K 5.56 for my wife because my Saker 7.62 is a little on the heavy side!

Now with this I have to decide which way to go.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't ask me who told me or where I heard this but the real reason SC doesn't plant to do a trifecta mount in the near future is to prevent pulling sales away from the sakers. Having heard this directly from my source, I would put a large sum of money that this is the main reason for no maad mount. Not to say they won't do one 6-12 months down the road when the demand for the omega dies down :/ I'm just as bummed as you guys as I am heavily invested in maad brakes/fh. Maybe if we keep the pressure on them they might change their minds but doubt it as I truely belive they were expecting this kinda pressure on the issue but will stick to their guns. $$$$ makes the world go round. As a huge SC fan boy it's dishartening to see what's happening with this and the the bag/pouch situation. That being said I still think they are one of the best if not the best can makers on the market.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Don't ask me who told me or where I heard this but the real reason SC doesn't plant to do a trifecta mount in the near future is prevent pulling sales away from the saker. Having heard this directly from my source I would put a large sum of money that this is the main reason for no maad mount. Not to say they won't do one 6-12 months down the road when the demand dies down :/ I'm just as bummed as you guys as I am heavily invested in maad brakes/fh. Maybe if we keep the pressure on them they might change their minds but doubt it as I truely belive they were expecting this kinda pressure on the issue but will stick to their guns. $$$$ makes the world go round.
View Quote
Eh.  Join date, post count.

Anyway, they are really going to have to redesign the MAAD module because the Omega doesnt have any means to hold it steady while you torque an adapter on.

While I have a Saker and love it, I have no problem with the ASR.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have had both of my Sakers with the Trifecta mount get stuck on after being allowed to cool and was able to remove both by simply smacking the mount with my hand a few times.  This is the extent of my problems with the Trifecta, it is a very good mounting system and I have no desire to change from it.

I just emailed SiCo asking if they will make the Trifecta mount an option for the Omega, so we will see what they have to say.  I don't have a lot of hope, if they were planning on it they would have already announced it.  They had to have considered it at some point and decided not to, although they had to know Saker owners would not be happy about it.  Hopefully enough Trifecta users will complain loudly enough to get them to change their mind.  I am very interested in hearing their reasoning for not offering it though.
View Quote

consider this my complaint.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't ask me who told me or where I heard this but the real reason SC doesn't plant to do a trifecta mount in the near future is prevent pulling sales away from the saker. Having heard this directly from my source I would put a large sum of money that this is the main reason for no maad mount. Not to say they won't do one 6-12 months down the road when the demand dies down :/ I'm just as bummed as you guys as I am heavily invested in maad brakes/fh. Maybe if we keep the pressure on them they might change their minds but doubt it as I truely belive they were expecting this kinda pressure on the issue but will stick to their guns. $$$$ makes the world go round.

ive been a member since 2010 when I used his forum to build my first rifle but I guess due to inactivity it gets reset. I'm not really a poster, more of a reader just thought Ide share what I learned today. I'll be using my Omega on a precision rig, so curious to test poi with direct thread vs Asr
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Eh. Join date, post count.
View Quote

Would it help if I told you I was given basically that same info earlier this afternoon by somebody that just walked out of a meeting with the Silencerco guys?

That same opinion was also voiced by one of the SS guys in their Industry Forum.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:34:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Would it help if I told you I was given basically that same info earlier this afternoon by somebody that just walked out of a meeting with the Silencerco guys?

That same opinion was also voiced by one of the SS guys in their Industry Forum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure we have the same source lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

now I feel better
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#44]
The maad mount is a easy fix, it will take a male to male coupling adapter to make the maad module fit to the Omega. I will be making one of these if the maad option is not out yet by the time mine gets out of jail. My reason for this is to have a one hand operation to shroud it under the handguard and be able to take it off and slap it on another rifle without messing around changing from direct thread to asr mount.

The only thing that sucks is the added weight and length to the can by adding the maad mount.

I have two sakers and all my rifles have the maad system, this will just make it easy for me to swap around. The db rating is outstanding for this Omega can, i'm really looking forward to getting it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The maad mount is a easy fix, it will take a male to male coupling adapter to make the maad module fit to the Omega. I will be making one of these if the maad option is not out yet by the time mine gets out of jail. My reason for this is to have a one hand operation to shroud it under the handguard and be able to take it off and slap it on another rifle without messing around changing from direct thread to asr mount.

I have two sakers and all my rifles have the maad system, this will just make it easy for me to swap around. The db rating is outstanding for this Omega can, i'm really looking forward to getting it.
View Quote

I was just trying to figure this out in my head lol ones "female" threads and the other "male" threads. If only I had the machinery/skill/materials to make this happen. The hard part I would imaging is since  there's nothing to shoulder to getting perfect bore alignment would be difficult.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:00:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I was just trying to figure this out in my head lol ones "female" threads and the other "male" threads. If only I had the machinery/skill/materials to make this happen. The hard part I would imaging is since  there's nothing to shoulder to getting perfect bore alignment would be difficult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will have a shoulder in the middle accepting those spanner wrenches supplied. So little slots will be machined. That way you can tighten the adapter on then tighten the maad mount.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:06:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It will have a shoulder in the middle accepting those spanner wrenches supplied. So little slots will be machined. That way you can tighten the adapter on then tighten the maad mount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lmk if you do this!!! Very Interesting/interested
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:08:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Here is the email I just received from SiCo regarding the Omega and Trifecta mount compatibility.

"dvp18, at this time we will not be making the Omega compatible with the Saker mounting system.   The designed of the Omega required a larger mounting system, the big bore direct thread and the ASR mounts fit that need.  

Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:24:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do, I'm thinking they will end up coming out with a mount soon. There are too many of us maad users.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top