BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder what the minimal barrel lengths might be for this can? Cant seem to find that info
View Quote

The thread on TOS shares this info:

Limited to 10" barrel for .223/5.56 NATO
Limited to 16" barrel for .308/7.62 NATO
Limited to 20" barrel for magnum calibers
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wonder what the minimal barrel lengths might be for this can? Cant seem to find that info

Thanks kindly!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
limited to 16" barrel for .308/7.62 NATO
View Quote

Thank God there's something the Saker I have in jail can do that the Omega can't
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thank God there's something the Saker I have in jail can do that the Omega can't
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thats funny right there! I hear ya. Almost pulled trigger on Saker a week ago. Just ordered the Omega. Thankfully, using on 20 inch 308 and a 16 and 18 556
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
8" for 300blk
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks kindly!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks kindly!

It's been posted on this site several times.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Until Silencershop comes out with their own independent video confirming the db's I will remain optimistically hesitant.  Those are impressive numbers for a can that is shorter and cheaper then the Saker.

Considering I already have 2 Sakers pending,  and own TBAC cans for my titanium needs, I won't be buying one unless they introduce a MAAD mount option.... I would even pay more for a MAAD mount version ($950.00)
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
......waiting for baffle stack pics or X-ray......
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn. I have an SAS Reaper at 7" and 10.5 ounces, but not full auto rated (not that I have a full auto weapon), just got it in hand a month ago. Would have definitely gone with this can had it been out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha same here.

So is it fair to assume that the baffles after the blast baffle are 17-4? Or might they be Ti?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

And one hand on and off.  But that's really all.  

I'm a little pissed to say the least about the mounting system on the Omega.. I'm assuming they were going with a thread on version first then they said "I bet the big bore asr mount would work".  Or the other way around.  I don't know?

I guess I'll have to wait till next shot show to see a better option I guess.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this line diagram on the sales sheet PDF helpful?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I remember reading somewhere that the anchor brake is removable..

If you could take it off, you can cut about an inch off it's length. Maybe they will come out with a flush endcap?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck....I already have both Sakers but I just ordered a harvester a month ago for a lightweight centerfire can. Now this shit? I need to see if my nfa guy wants to buy my harvester and I'll go with this instead.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a teaser.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#17]
This is going to happen every year. New hotness is going to roll out just about the same time your Form 4 clears and you pick up your old hotness.

I don't see a reason for anyone to be regretting Sakers or second guessing other purchases. Fast forward 9 months and we will be doing this again.

We are one the Suppressor/iPhone release schedule.

Or maybe I just want one and this is my way of coping.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#18]
What I want to know is how the hell this thing out-suppresses the Specwar.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow, really a game changing offering.  My favorite features:

- Weight
- Suppression levels
- Comes with 2 mounts
- Brake is removable

So how did they hack the suppression:weight formula?  Ti baffles?

I normally over research purchases like this, but I might just pull the trigger and buy one from SS tonight
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is going to happen every year. New hotness is going to roll out just about the same time your Form 4 clears and you pick up your old hotness.

I don't see a reason for anyone to be regretting Sakers or second guessing other purchases. Fast forward 9 months and we will be doing this again.

View Quote

With the exception of surefire's first pistol can, as well as rugged and dead air debuting
ETA: 41p looming on the horizon doesn't help
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Has it been established that this will or won't work with saker mounts & saker MAAD?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll stick with the ULT, 1oz lighter, not much longer, easy mounting, and doesn't have the fugly looking brake. Plus I got it for $695
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'll stick with the ULT, 1oz lighter, not much longer, easy mounting, and doesn't have the fugly looking brake. Plus I got it for $695
View Quote

That brake actually serves a purpose....
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#24]
If I had to guess, Id say youll never see a big name Ti can that is rated for the short barrels and high pressure calibers the Saker is.  I have no doubt that the Saker is far stronger than the Omega.  I also have no doubt that I will never wear out an Omega. YMMV.

Also, it seems like the rear mount rig is just the ASR adapter from the Harvester Big Bore.  

With no notches machined into the back of the can to help torque MAAD mounts on, Im guessing that this can will never get the MAAD system.

Still, its a nice can.  Light, roughly the length of the Saker K, and Specwar sound levels.  

I want it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Has it been established that this will or won't work with saker mounts & saker MAAD?
View Quote

This!

I have been changing everything over to trifecta mounts preparing to get a Saker and the ASR will not work due to 10" barrel with 10" rail.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Interesting...
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get what you're saying but the "muzzzle attachment" world is simple and so physically different than just phones/software. For 1, there's a fucking $200 government surcharge. 2, there's no secondary market, you buy, you own it for life, almost no one buys used cans and if they do the owners of said cans are getting pennies on the dollar.

Hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles in NFA world. You buy what you buy. Sometimes its a bitch. I do have a bit of hypothesis on this one, SiCo is gonna get some heat from sour people that just got their Sakers and just outfitted their rifles with a ton of trifecta/brake mounts. Well, that'll be SiCo's problem to figure out.

But it's plain to see. You CAN thread a tube however you want. SiCo consciously decided to thread the mount side of their brand new flagship can differently than their flagship less than a year ago. They'll get heat for that. Right or wrong,well,  that's up to the buyers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#28]
As someone who owns both Sakers, I will be highly pissed if they don't offer the option to use Trifecta mounts on the Omega.  I would buy one of these right now from SilencerShop if they commit to making the Trifecta mount an option.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#29]
The end cap from the saker probably won't work because the omega diameter is 1.56 and saker is 1.50?

Love it but not the break on the end
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#30]
But it's plain to see. You CAN thread a tube however you want. SiCo consciously decided to thread the mount side of their brand new flagship can differently than their flagship less than a year ago. They'll get heat for that. Right or wrong,well,  that's up to the buyers.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This

I'm pretty sure the trifecta mount requires more space up inside the tube than the asr mount does, the omega may just not have enough room for it behind the blast baffle
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:40:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone have any thoughts as to what I should buy given the mount issue? My thread.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#33]
All true. But when you get in the game, you know that there will always be "the next best thing" out within 6-9 months.

The cost of admission is well known, $200, lifetime ownership, etc are there in plain view.

The mounting choice seems to be a business decision: why make a product that directly competes with one of your other products. I personally think they would have sold more if they had used the MAAD system: you have a fresh crop of people who bought Sakers and their mounts. Those are the people who would be most inclined to buy an Omega.

Quoted:

I get what you're saying but the "muzzzle attachment" world is simple and so physically different than just phones/software. For 1, there's a fucking $200 government surcharge. 2, there's no secondary market, you buy, you own it for life, almost no one buys used cans and if they do the owners of said cans are getting pennies on the dollar.

Hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles in NFA world. You buy what you buy. Sometimes its a bitch. I do have a bit of hypothesis on this one, SiCo is gonna get some heat from sour people that just got their Sakers and just outfitted their rifles with a ton of trifecta/brake mounts. Well, that'll be SiCo's problem to figure out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do want!
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone have any thoughts as to what I should buy given the mount issue? My thread.
View Quote

I'm in a similar situation. I standardized my rifles on the AAC 51T mount and I am still satisfied. I still keep an eye on the market. The Saker is an option for me but I am not about to switch all my mounts to the specwar and not be able to mount my AAC suppressors.

Seemed like the versatility of the Saker was the perfect way to poach customers. Possibly it would just have made the Omega too big and heavy to really differentiate it from the Saker.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm in a similar situation. I standardized my rifles on the AAC 51T mount and I am still satisfied. I still keep an eye on the market. The Saker is an option for me but I am not about to switch all my mounts to the specwar and not be able to mount my AAC suppressors.

Seemed like the versatility of the Saker was the perfect way to poach customers. Possibly it would just have made the Omega too big and heavy to really differentiate it from the Saker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already have the saker, but now am at an impasse. Torn. Leaning saker 556k right now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Straight from SICO:

Thanks for contacting us.
The Omega is rated down to 10" with the 300blk.
View Quote

I was hoping it was rated for 8" :/
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#38]
I would have bought an Omega today had SiCo made a MAAD mount for it, too bad.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the trifecta mount requires more space up inside the tube than the asr mount does, the omega may just not have enough room for it behind the blast baffle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Pffff... I've heard that BS excuse before, I always made it fit and their blast baffle was no match for me. My wife can testify to this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Straight from SICO:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Straight from SICO:

I bet that changes to 8" very soon, just like AAC changing the warranty on their suppressors. If it can handle 10" .223, it can handle 8" 300 BLK.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#41]
any info on 6.8spc min barrel length?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I bet that changes to 8" very soon, just like AAC changing the warranty on their suppressors. If it can handle 10" .223, it can handle 8" 300 BLK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Straight from SICO:

Lets hope so...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:50:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Straight from SICO:

I hope so. That really hurts it if it can't handle 8" with subs at least. I'd prefer supers as well. I have standardized on 51t mounts and own the Saker556, Harvester, 762SDN6, and AAC 556-sd. I would like to use this in its thread on application with a 5.56 end cap option. It's a bit longer than a Mini-4 but only a half oz heavier. Possibly lighter altogether without the brake and set up for thread on.

I like the idea of getting direct thread mounts for all of my SiCo cans. Bonus for the Omega that it comes with the direct thread and qd options, includng a muzzle device. It seems to be an extremely versatile jack of all trades can. Arguably the best in the industry in that regard.  That's just my opinion, but I'm an admitted koolaid drinker.

How are you guys storing all of your suppressor end caps, parts, etc?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#44]
I was hoping the brake could be removed. I have been considering a Specwar K as a smaller option to my Specwar762 but this will probably be the one instead.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:03:54 AM EDT
[#45]
I can see why they didn't use the MAAD mounts as they add several ounces to the overall weight of the Saker.

The Omega being 1.56" might keep it from fitting under rails so that has to be considered as well.

Now I have to decide what I want to get my wife for her AR as the Saker 7.62 is a little on the heavy side.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:07:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
As someone who owns both Sakers, I will be highly pissed if they don't offer the option to use Trifecta mounts on the Omega.  I would buy one of these right now from SilencerShop if they commit to making the Trifecta mount an option.
View Quote

+1. I already have 4 different muzzle devices on rifles: Surefire SOCOM, SiCo MAAD, TBAC CB, and TBAC BA. I'm not looking to add any more mounts.  I would love to have one of these for lightweight hunting rig, but won't be buying one unless a MAAD mount comes out so I can use my Saker mounts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#47]
I for one am happy to see them use the ASR mounts, I think they are superior to the MAAD mounts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will not and as per cs there is no intention to make a maad mount
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:30:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

+1. I already have 4 different muzzle devices on rifles: Surefire SOCOM, SiCo MAAD, TBAC CB, and TBAC BA. I'm not looking to add any more mounts.  I would love to have one of these for lightweight hunting rig, but won't be buying one unless a MAAD mount comes out so I can use my Saker mounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call me crazy, but...
1) why would you have to add a mount to your collection of four existing types of muzzle devices? The Omega comes with a direct thread 'mount'.
2) why would you want to add the weight of a mount and the weight of the MAAD mount to a lightweight hunting rig?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Call me crazy, but...
1) why would you have to add a mount to your collection of four existing types of muzzle devices? The Omega comes with a direct thread 'mount'.
2) why would you want to add the weight of a mount and the weight of the MAAD mount to a lightweight hunting rig?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call me crazy, but...

I prefer to run brakes on all my hard use rifles not only for the baffle protection, but more for the added protection of the crown.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top