Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 10:49:11 PM EDT
I saw on another thread a couple guys ordered in Aug. and had to have their form 3s sent again.  The same thing happened to me.  Supposedly my form 3 was originally sent the first week in Aug.  A couple weeks ago SS contacted me and said they had to send it again.  Mine was for a YHM Ultra light Ti on a trust.

How many others did this happen to?  I wonder what happened.

It sucks but we will get them one day.  I just efiled for a SBR 2 days ago.  Hopefully that will only take 30 days like some have reported.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It happens, I had one resubmitted early this year.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought a Saker 7.62 on August 18th. I contacted Silencer shop on October 14th when I hadn't heard anything, and they said the ATF didn't have it on file so they resent it 10/14.

I'm hoping it comes in before December, so I can submit my form 4 and get it pending before 41P (may/may not) go into effect.

Fwiw,  all my other suppressor transfers have been flawless so far. This was my first mixup with Silencer shop.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Happened to me from a June submission, resubmitted in August, approved in October. I'm sure my Form 3 was one of the forms the ATF misplaced this summer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Purchased a surefire can the first few days of august….  actually bought it on my phone. Most I've ever spent that way

I've bugged silencer shop a few times, just received word a few days ago that they resubmitted my form 3 since they think the ATF might have lost it.  Hopefully the form 4 being submitted will be my Christmas present?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Happened to one of mine from June.

UPS also lost one of mine enroute to dealer...SS handled it great and had a new can and form 3 for me the same day, also sent me a really cool swag pack even though it wasn't their fault.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:13:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had the same thing happen from an August form 3 submission.  SS sent it again.  Kinda aggravating to say the least.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not infrequent at all. ATF loses a lot of forms. The issue is that when 100% of dealers use that excuse for 100% of issues it kind of sounds like the little boy crying wolf when it is actually in fact the case.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a MG form 4 paper work turn up missing from the July/Aug time frame. SS Made it right.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Lost form 3 faxed in Sept. Mailed late Sept for time #2. Glad I didn't loose too much time, Thanks Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#10]
It seems like the ATF has lost quite a few Form 3s in the last few months.  Mine was amongst those that was delayed substantially back from the summer.  From what I've read, there has been an office move and combine that with the fact that there are a ton of new people working, these things can happen.  I suppose I'm thankful that it only resulted in my approval taking longer than having to resubmit (it was submitted early June and ended up being approved on September 9th, which is a long wait for a Form 3).

Hopefully things will continue to improve and wait times will be coming down.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Happened to me. Order placed on Aug. 8, Form 3 sent on Aug 9.

I e-mailed on Oct. 20th for status and they claim it was lost and resubmitted on Oct. 16th.

They said I'm basically SOL at this point. Just need to keep on waiting.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I was told that the form 3 was submitted and approved for the wrong state.

Now I have the original form 4 pending and another serial number set aside in the event we have to start over.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not infrequent at all. ATF loses a lot of forms. The issue is that when 100% of dealers use that excuse for 100% of issues it kind of sounds like the little boy crying wolf when it is actually in fact the case.
View Quote

I expected a form 4 to be aproved last year.  Coming up near the due date, I get a call from the examiner about a problem with the trust-fixed that, and she gave me a pretty good estimate of when it would be in,  A few weeks after the date, not hearing anythign I called the dealer, got a gruff, don't call us, we'll call you.  2 week later i called ATF, and the examiner said it was sent out a month earlier.  Called dealer back, they said ATF probally lost the paperwork.  Called ATF, and they told me to go to the dealer, have them really look for it, and then call her with the dealer and she could issue a duplicate.  Dealer swears they searched the office.  We call ATF, she wants to hear the serial number read off the supressor by both of us.  Dealer goes and get the supressor, and there is my form 4 with a rubber band arround it and the box.  Dealer says my voice mail was probally full.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:57:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

this is the reason I am not going to deal with the company( that everyone loves around here) after I get my cans. Too many problems and blames everyone else. ATF is the favorite excuse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top