Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 12:26:32 PM EDT
Here's my Sparrow inspired 22 can.  Monocore is 7075 and the baffle diameter is 1.000".  Knurled portion is 1.125".  Threads are 20 TPI.  Currently threaded 1/2-28 and if/when those aluminum threads wear down, I'll bore the mount hole out for an SS thread adapter/bushing.  Tube is machined from 6061 as is the jam nut.  Buna o-rings front and back.  I still need to anodize and dye, but couldn't resist trying it out.  Dry, on my 22/45 with subs it seemed to perform very well, but I don't have anything to compare it to since I'm the only one I know in the area with suppressors.  It's very light, I don't have a weight but it's almost unnoticeable on the 22/45.  It is 6" OAL and the aluminum stock was about $20.  I made this start to finish last night in about 3 hours via manual lathe and CNC mill.  Gotta love CNC for multitasking.  Once the core was programmed and turned, I had it milling the baffles while turning the sleeve and lock ring as well as working on my other more complicated F1.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool, did you happen to document the process?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty cool, did you happen to document the process?
View Quote

I did not.  I've been meaning to but I've been rushed for time lately, and trying to get this and the .30 cal QD can I have in progress completed, adding picture taking on top was just not going to happen.

I will try to in the future.  When these two are complete, I will be doing a .45 can with hard mount and booster, and I will make an effort to document that process.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty cool...I gotta hand it to anybody that makes their own functional can!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
nice, looks good
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm wanting a bolt action host.  Any suggestions?  Doesn't need to be threaded, I can thread it.  Thinking about a Ruger American since I have 10/22 mags.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Well my LGS took in a Savage something or other and I got it for $125.  Threaded the barrel today and tried it out.  Holy crap is that quiet with subsonics.  

I'll admit I've been somewhat underwhelmed with my 4 suppressors, understanding supersonics only get so quiet, I thought my .30 cal on subsonic 300 black would be hollywood quiet, but no, it's only slightly quieter than supersonic .223 or 6.5 through the same can.  And I built this thing with the intent of being a pistol suppressor, but on my 3.5" 22/45, it's only so quiet, not terribly impressive.

But this!  On a 18" barrel bolt gun with CCI subs, it's quieter than an air gun.  Finally!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top