User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've bought four cans this year, and am getting ready to sell some stuff to buy at least three more. I'm currently at 7.

I would love to see a capital armory sale on Ospreys!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to burst everyone's excitement, but I imagine the wait times will start to rise again now that the summer overtime for ATF examiners is over.... not to mention everyone buying last minute 41P purchases.

I don't know about the panic buying, I think it is pretty much over.  Most everyone who was concerned about that have bought what they wanted in the last year since it first came up.  I don't know if anyone has any money left to go on another buying spree.

I've bought four cans this year, and am getting ready to sell some stuff to buy at least three more. I'm currently at 7.

I would love to see a capital armory sale on Ospreys!
I hear you, I thought I had bought all I really wanted last year but then 41p gave me an excuse, bought 5 supressors and a RR Colt M16A1 in the last 2 months.... Making for 22 tax stamps since 2011 much to my wife's displeasure
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If it's only a $50 dollar difference and in stock locally, I'd go for it...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know. I wish it wasn't the case, but it simply is. The price on the Saker when I ordered was great and they were the only ones with it in stock. So I went for it. Next time I might hold out for local dealers with inventory to avoid this issue.

I was going to order a Spectre 2 from them because it's cheaper, but a local dealer has it in stock right now and I would probably only be paying $50 more. To avoid the Form 3 and the chance at losing everything, I think it's worth it to spend a bit more.
If it's only a $50 dollar difference and in stock locally, I'd go for it...  

I fully intend to. As much as I love the customer service and prices of Silencer shop, $50 is a drop in the bucket when it comes to NFA items. Cutting out a middle man and an additional form is priceless imo.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Can form 4 paperwork be submitted before the form 3 to my local dealer comes in? My suppressor is still at silencer shop, stupid atf. Hate them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Can form 4 paperwork be submitted before the form 3 to my local dealer comes in? My suppressor is still at silencer shop, stupid atf. Hate them.
View Quote
Depends on whether or not your dealer is willing to risk his/her license..  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you used SS Direct, where SS is filing your F4, they won't do it. If you just bought the can and are choosing your own local dealer, they may or may not do it.

I've had three different dealers in NC file the F4 either the same day, or the next day, as when the F3 was filed. Haven't had an issue yet where the F3 wasn't approved first (last one was over the weekend), which is the big potential issue. The ATF frowns on the practice, but it happens all the time...which admittedly doesn't make it right.

I only asked one of the three to do it, the other two went ahead without any prodding.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is happening way too often with SS.  I'm not using them anymore unless it's just some smoking deal I have to have.  I've had no issues with any other dealer...  
View Quote

Really? I have only heard of a few that have happened with SS, which may not be all that bad considering the volume of forms they submit. I've received 6 cans from them in the last year and all have been perfect, none even went to error status.  Granted it's terrible for the person it happens to and adds months to the wait.  Do we know that it is actually SS fault? Or could it be USPS or the ATF?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is happening way too often with SS.  I'm not using them anymore unless it's just some smoking deal I have to have.  I've had no issues with any other dealer...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's absolutely ridiculous how many forms are lost. Mine form 3 from SS was submitted August 9th, from an order I put in on the 8th. I e-mailed in mid October asking for a status because it had been longer than anyone anticipated. I was informed on October 20th, that the Form 3 was lost by the ATF, and my form was resubmitted on the 16th.

WTF ATF... I mean I know I shouldn't act pissed off. It's not really THAT big of a deal. But hell, if everything had gone smoothly, I would have the suppressor within a matter of a few months! Now here I am starting all the hell over, and probably won't see the thing till mid next year at this rate.

It seems like it's only Form 3s submitted during a few months period of time this summer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Are people seeing any long wait times on the paperwork being received and check being cashed?  I'm thinking that a month for check cashing is too long and my paperwork likely got lost.  I always mail these with tracking but didn't look at the receipt on this one as I was mailing a bunch of stuff at once and didn't realize until the next week when I went to check delivery status that the receipt didn't have tracking or delivery confirmation on it.

Serves me right for losing SA at a critical moment I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It could have been a hardship approval.  Military member receiving new orders, Class 3 dealer going out of business, etc...
View Quote

can you explain more? I searched and couldnt find anything about a "hardship approval"

does it have a different name?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
can you explain more? I searched and couldnt find anything about a "hardship approval"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It could have been a hardship approval.  Military member receiving new orders, Class 3 dealer going out of business, etc...

Unrelated question, did you go to AFA?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you used SS Direct, where SS is filing your F4, they won't do it. If you just bought the can and are choosing your own local dealer, they may or may not do it.

I've had three different dealers in NC file the F4 either the same day, or the next day, as when the F3 was filed. Haven't had an issue yet where the F3 wasn't approved first (last one was over the weekend), which is the big potential issue. The ATF frowns on the practice, but it happens all the time...which admittedly doesn't make it right.

I only asked one of the three to do it, the other two went ahead without any prodding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went SS Direct. Figured one had to be done before the other, just wasn't sure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know if there is a specific name, but I have seen instances where military members receive orders while waiting for approval and the NFA Branch has worked with them to try to get their approvals before the effective date...

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Really? I have only heard of a few that have happened with SS, which may not be all that bad considering the volume of forms they submit. I've received 6 cans from them in the last year and all have been perfect, none even went to error status.  Granted it's terrible for the person it happens to and adds months to the wait.  Do we know that it is actually SS fault? Or could it be USPS or the ATF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the sheer volume they send out I'm guessing the post office.  The one thing I'm not too pleased with was that it took me calling three months after filing for them to check if the payment was processed.

I know I should have called earlier to check and I'm partly to blame, but it would have been nice for them to do a periodic audit to see what forms were stagnant.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Just Picked up a suppressor today from SS. 3mos from pending (7/16) 4mos from checked cashed. WOOT!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

With the sheer volume they send out I'm guessing the post office.  The one thing I'm not too pleased with was that it took me calling three months after filing for them to check if the payment was processed.

I know I should have called earlier to check and I'm partly to blame, but it would have been nice for them to do a periodic audit to see what forms were stagnant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Idk about you guys but I just call the ATF, I could see how it would be a good practice for the dealer to make sure the ATF got the paperwork but I don't expect them to spend more then an hour total on my $50 transfer
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. I guess I have about a year left on my orders that that won't help.
Also, no USAFA, but the best one USNA.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top