Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2014 4:58:01 PM EDT
My Osprey 45 is starting to look gross.

There's a local NIC Industries Cerakote finisher local to me, and I was considering having my Osprey done in Burnt Bronze Cerakote, to match my all-FDE Glock and FNX-45 Tactical.

Will it void my warranty if I have it cerakoted?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

There's a local NIC Industries Cerakote finisher local to me, and I was considering having my Osprey done in Burnt Bronze Cerakote, to match my all-FDE Glock and FNX-45 Tactical.

View Quote

I do t see why not...best to ask Silencerco on their industry page. Then save it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It shouldn't.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I do t see why not...best to ask Silencerco on their industry page. Then save it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome. Didn't think SiCo had an Industry Forum. Will post this there.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Please post pics.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh come on.  It's a tool.  It's supposed to look a little used.  

I managed to get the paint to bubble up and start flaking off my old Triple-X can the other day, doing a Beta mag dump.  Now it just looks broken in.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
You'll probably want to use the high heat cerakote I would assume. Depending on how hard you are on the suppressor it might get up to temps that could compromise regular cerakote.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Shouldn't void warranty.

You're not going to get an Osprey hot enough to burn off the paint.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shouldn't void warranty.

You're not going to get an Osprey hot enough to burn off the paint.
View Quote

I got the Osprey hot enough to melt the nylon strap on my range bag.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Have to check with manufacturer on the warranty. High heat, the kind with the C prefix will be fine on a suppressor I know my gem tech came from the factory with FDE cerakote.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Use C-series cerakote - it hold up better to heat.

You can use H-series if you want. Its more durable, but not as durable under a lot of heat.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the H-Series on a Wilson Titanium 458 suppressor. I have not been able to get that thing hot enough to affect the finish.

Unless you are doing mag dumps, the regular Cerakote should hold up fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top