Not even once.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. Not a good idea.

Not even once.

Only exception to this is if you have a camera running and agree to post the results.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Only exception to this is if you have a camera running and agree to post the results.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. Not a good idea.

Not even once.

I may have been hasty in my opinion.  Apparently, it's been done before.  Still, I do not see the advantage.

YouTube video of shotshells through suppressor

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot shells are already quiet
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't do it with one of my cans. Too much time and grief tied up in those to risk it. If you do it I'd love to see pics though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I really doubt that a CCI shot shell would hurt any of the stainless or titanium 22 cans out. Those little shells are VERY weak when it comes to power. Having said that I'd probably not ever shoot one through my Spectre II just because why......why would I ever need to shoot one of those through a suppressor when they're already pretty quiet through a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I really doubt that a CCI shot shell would hurt any of the stainless or titanium 22 cans out. Those little shells are VERY weak when it comes to power. Having said that I'd probably not ever shoot one through my Spectre II just because why......why would I ever need to shoot one of those through a suppressor when they're already pretty quiet through a rifle.
View Quote

This. I've shot that stuff at cardboard at 12 ft and it stuck in it.  I'd shoot a few rounds through my can without worry.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've never shot one, didn't know how loud they were.

I saw a video of the spread pattern and it really impressed me. I wasn't expecting it to spread that much. But it made me wonder if you could shoot it through a suppressor or not.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
try some test results at paper with no suppressor at the distance about 2 inches past the can end and see how much expansion the shot has . I would say use the CCI and not the Winchester shotshells
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I sure as hell wouldn't shoot them through my cans.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I certainly would not shoot the .22 shot shells through my suppressor. I have taken some high speed videos shooting these from a non-suppressed .22 pistol, and at 4 inches, the shot group has opened to approximately 5/8 inch. This means that the majority of the shot pellets will be trapped by the baffles.
View Quote

post the vid

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope. Not a good idea.

Not even once.

Beat me to it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top