Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:53:15 AM EDT
[#1]
If he is keeping half the money, return him half the mags.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Should have opened the box to see what he sent you.

If they're worth keeping PayPal him $100 and be done with it without losing any credit. If they're shitty ,rescind the goodwill gesture and spend the $100 credit yourself and ship the mags back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont see why this is a "fuck the buyer" incident.

The OP gave him the choice to wait for the new rebate or take the pmags back and the $100 rebate.

The buyer said it was OP's choice as to what to do. When he said "sort out" he meant correct it. Remember the OP didn't mention the 4-6 weeks in his IM to the guy. WHat if the guy  needed a suppressor mount in 1-2 weeks and couldn't wait 4-6 weeks?

I dont see how his response is being an asshole? His IM was short and to the point, its impossible to tell his demeaner through that short sentence. If I were the buyer and had the same offer I would take it as "You can keep the $100 rebate because I have no use for it" and I would have accepted it too.

If the OP would have never accepted the $100 rebate, he wouldn't have to give it to the guy in the first place....
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The OP gave him the choice to wait for the new rebate or take the pmags back and the $100 rebate.

The buyer said it was OP's choice as to what to do. When he said "sort out" he meant correct it. Remember the OP didn't mention the 4-6 weeks in his IM to the guy. WHat if the guy  needed a suppressor mount in 1-2 weeks and couldn't wait 4-6 weeks?

I dont see how his response is being an asshole? His IM was short and to the point, its impossible to tell his demeaner through that short sentence. If I were the buyer and had the same offer I would take it as "You can keep the $100 rebate because I have no use for it" and I would have accepted it too.

If the OP would have never accepted the $100 rebate, he wouldn't have to give it to the guy in the first place....
View Quote

Pretty sure the Op took it at face value that the rebate was $200 without checking it out himself. I'll be checking mine when it shows up but only dye to thus thread.

The part where the buyer said to just ship the mags back without even opening the box strikes me as odd. As in he's hoping the Op doesn't reject the mags as being shit. Why else would he ask they just be shipped back rather then having the Op send him $100 to fix the trade? He already has $100 of the Ops money, ahead of schedule as the Op is overly trusting of other users.

I could be way off and the buyer is just annoyed the trade didn't go as planned but he's already out shipping why ask for the mags back sight unseen?

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the Op took it at face value that the rebate was $200 without checking it out himself. I'll be checking mine when it shows up but only dye to thus thread.

The part where the buyer said to just ship the mags back without even opening the box strikes me as odd. As in he's hoping the Op doesn't reject the mags as being shit. Why else would he ask they just be shipped back rather then having the Op send him $100 to fix the trade? He already has $100 of the Ops money, ahead of schedule as the Op is overly trusting of other users.

I could be way off and the buyer is just annoyed the trade didn't go as planned but he's already out shipping why ask for the mags back sight unseen?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The buyer has the right (to an extent) to be annoyed.

The reason the buyer said to ship it back without opening it, is because he included extra's from what was agreed on, and didn't want them dissappearing apparently...
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:20:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, initially the buyer agreed to trade his mags for a $200 code to the AAC store.  So whatever he packed up and sent out was what he thought was worth $200 to him.  OP then goes ahead and sends him the code before the mags even arrive and asked the buyer to send him pics of the mags. Buyer then discovers it's only for $100 and informs OP and demands he send the mags back and not open the box (that's weird)  You would think he would give the OP a chance to figure out whats going on and fix it, at least if nothing else send him $100 bucks to make up for it.  That's what I don't get, why he all of a sudden decides to renege on the deal, seems like maybe he had some buyers remorse on the deal and used this as an opportunity to weasel out of it instead of letting the OP correct it.  The OP gave him every indication that one way or another it would be made right.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Id be suspicious as hell of the buyer. Something doesnt add up. 10 hk mags much less 11 is worth a hell of a lot more than $200 bucks. This whole thing smells fishy as hell and I damn sure wouldnt give the prick anything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Id be suspicious as hell of the buyer. Something doesnt add up. 10 hk mags much less 11 is worth a hell of a lot more than $200 bucks. This whole thing smells fishy as hell and I damn sure wouldnt give the prick anything.
View Quote

Hence my skepticism.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, initially the buyer agreed to trade his mags for a $200 code to the AAC store.  So whatever he packed up and sent out was what he thought was worth $200 to him.  OP then goes ahead and sends him the code before the mags even arrive and asked the buyer to send him pics of the mags. Buyer then discovers it's only for $100 and informs OP and demands he send the mags back and not open the box (that's weird)  You would think he would give the OP a chance to figure out whats going on and fix it, at least if nothing else send him $100 bucks to make up for it.  That's what I don't get, why he all of a sudden decides to renege on the deal, seems like maybe he had some buyers remorse on the deal and used this as an opportunity to weasel out of it instead of letting the OP correct it.  The OP gave him every indication that one way or another it would be made right.
View Quote

You are the only one who has grasped the entire picture here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a mailed rebate form that says AAC Damn the Man Promotion $200 and a code written beneath. Yeah, I took it at face value.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hence my skepticism.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hence my skepticism.

Then just open the box.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I already sent it back as soon as I got it. Whoops.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now we will never know, what was in the box.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In all fairness, it was sized appropriately for 11 mags and it rattled like a box of empty USGI mags do. So I am pretty sure mags were in there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Does this make it Schrödinger's box-o-mags?

The other guy may have suddenly been fearful he was getting scammed, hence a "You send that box right back here now" attitude, but initially maybe he threw in extra mags. The OP offered a $100 code which is getting replaced by the correct $200 code. There was good will. How much now, we're not sure. Thanks OP.

Seems like the path is straightening out here...

{There's gotta be some ancient proverb applicable here.}
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More blue balls than a safe thread.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Sometimes shit goes south despite good faith all around. Best to just return everything to it's original owner and move on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu234/carbonfly/Misc/5B71BBD2-C992-4940-B00B-7477320C6940_zpsecverq9z.jpg

Lmao!! Beat me to it!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top