Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 2:32:18 PM EDT
I got my first suppressor and my brother has me paranoid about buying a good 10.5 barrel for it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Im my limited experience they're usually fine.  Just visually check it to be sure before you fire.  Looking down the barrel from the chamber end you can visually see if the can endcap hole is centered or not by moving your eye around.  (If you can see it, its not centered!). 4 barrels on 4 different guns from 4 manufacturers and they've all been concentric thus far.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I got my first suppressor and my brother has me paranoid about buying a good 10.5 barrel for it.
View Quote

Buy quality. Steer clear from the deals of the day and gun show specials.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]
If you plan on doing a few barrels,  rather than send them in,  it might be worth investing in some measuring tools to inspect them.  

I cut plenty of threads for a living, so lucky for me I have some tools on hand,  or I can bring it into work to check with even more equipment...  But it really pays off to be able to check stuff at home if you are building plenty of guns.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I have three BCM barrels and two CMMG barrels that are good to go with cans on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top