BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm surprised no one has made the assumption that they took it down due to the ATF is going to jam and ram 41p through by rubber stamping a response to the majority of the comments and answer the handful of comments, individually.
View Quote

You didn't read the comments then.  We've (I have) already said that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wanna bet the site is not up until after the 41P ruling?  Maybe after the Elections in the fall?
View Quote

I stand corrected...

I'm sure this is at least part of the reason it's down...

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit....I got in 3 suppressors last week at my dealer and went there this week to get the e-file stuff done but he was having some troubles and said he'll keep trying. And now it's down, that sucks.

Now what am I supposed to do? Paper forms and wait a year plus, or wait and see if they come back up?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shit....I got in 3 suppressors last week at my dealer and went there this week to get the e-file stuff done but he was having some troubles and said he'll keep trying. And now it's down, that sucks.

Now what am I supposed to do? Paper forms and wait a year plus, or wait and see if they come back up?
View Quote

Paper, man. Get them submitted and in pending status. Don't dick around waiting for the B-Gay-TFE to get the system up and running.

If they do get their shit together and wait times plummet, you could always cancel your paper form, get a refund, and e-file. Of course, this really only gives the B-Gay-TFE about 4 months to get it going to make it worthwhile. So, I would just get the process moving.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm surprised no one has made the assumption that they took it down due to the ATF is going to jam and ram 41p through by rubber stamping a response to the majority of the comments and answer the handful of comments, individually.

The eforms website is more than just form 1's and 4's. There are plenty of forms that are available to submit on the website that have no bearing on 41P. They didn't shut the entire site down for the blockage of 2 forms. Especially when it doesn't stop someone from paper filing with a trust.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Paper, man. Get them submitted and in pending status. Don't dick around waiting for the B-Gay-TFE to get the system up and running.

If they do get their shit together and wait times plummet, you could always cancel your paper form, get a refund, and e-file. Of course, this really only gives the B-Gay-TFE about 4 months to get it going to make it worthwhile. So, I would just get the process moving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When eForms went up the first time they made any paper form that was cancelled subject to a 7 month wait before resubmittal to stop that exact thing.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The eforms website is more than just form 1's and 4's. There are plenty of forms that are available to submit on the website that have no bearing on 41P. They didn't shut the entire site down for the blockage of 2 forms. Especially when it doesn't stop someone from paper filing with a trust.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, did you forget to put on your tin foil hat?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I knew I was forgetting something today.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Spoke with someone at SS today. They said the ATF is giving them a 2-3 week outage on the eforms site. Now to see if they can actually follow through with what they told SS.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Spoke with someone at SS today. They said the ATF is giving them a 2-3 week outage on the eforms site. Now to see if they can actually follow through with what they told SS.
View Quote

What is SS doing with Form 3's in the meantime? I just bought a Saker 762 from them and hope they don't sit around waiting for eforms to come back online.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What is SS doing with Form 3's in the meantime? I just bought a Saker 762 from them and hope they don't sit around waiting for eforms to come back online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're most likely looking 90 days + for paper form 3. Just wait and SS will get it submitted as soon as they can and then you're only looking at 30 days +. You should still come out a month a head by doing it this way.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When eForms went up the first time they made any paper form that was cancelled subject to a 7 month wait before resubmittal to stop that exact thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Did not know that.

This uncertainty is a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Was this discussed on here? Not calling you out but this is the first I heard of  this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I hope that's true!

My can showed up to my dealer the day after eforms went down.

Kinda torn whether I should submit the paper forms now, or hold on for a few weeks and see what happens with eforms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since we have it on pretty good authority that eForms will be back online in 2-3 weeks, we are going to hold off submitting forms until the system comes back online.  If, however, you would like us to submit your form 3 via paper application, just give us a call at the shop and we'll be happy to do that for you.

I hope that's true!

Kinda torn whether I should submit the paper forms now, or hold on for a few weeks and see what happens with eforms.

Ugh I am in the same boat. I have four form 4s in my hand can't decide if I should snail mail or wait and see if efile comes back online.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ugh I am in the same boat. I have four form 4s in my hand can't decide if I should snail mail or wait and see if efile comes back online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since we have it on pretty good authority that eForms will be back online in 2-3 weeks, we are going to hold off submitting forms until the system comes back online.  If, however, you would like us to submit your form 3 via paper application, just give us a call at the shop and we'll be happy to do that for you.

I hope that's true!

If I were you I'd wait. I doubt too many people are going to be submitting paper forms over the next few weeks with possibility of eforms being back up in a bit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what the hell do you want them to do, its your Form, tell them what you want
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm sure I'll get pummeled because this was probably answered earlier...

Any chance this down time is being used to revamp the site to accommodate the executive orders?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I am in the same boat as most here. I have two form 4's that were supposed to be submitted last week. Now I'm just going to wait a few weeks before paper filing. If it's a 9-12 month wait for paper then holding off another three weeks won't matter to me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am in the same boat as most here. I have two form 4's that were supposed to be submitted last week. Now I'm just going to wait a few weeks before paper filing. If it's a 9-12 month wait for paper then holding off another three weeks won't matter to me.
View Quote

The sad thing for me is I thought my dealer had e-filled and just mailed me a copy of it.  This was last month on the 7th, but they had mailed me the two copys of each to send in if I realized that was the case I would have called back then before the system went down.     I am now all ready a month behind so do I keep waiting for efile and just put the damn things in the mail.....  I would have been more on top of it but I was out of town for almost 3 weeks last month and didn't really think much of it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:26:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Was this discussed on here? Not calling you out but this is the first I heard of  this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I heard it from prebans, one of our resident expert SOTs, in an offline conversation.  I brought up the possibility of doing just this and he told me ATF had said it was a no-go when eForms first came online.  I am not sure if 7 months is an exact timeframe or if it was instead some kind of rolling window or something else.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I guess I'll wait a month and see....I wish you guys were doing the direct thing a month ago though, this would be a lot easier
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mark,
Don't confuse my Saker 7.62 order with his!

I would prefer to wait 3 weeks to submit by eForm as it should still be faster.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

None of my customers experienced that. They saved months canceling paper and doing an eform.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I just put in my order for a Sparrow SS.  How many folks are in line to have the orders submitted when eForms comes back up?

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone think there will be a quicker turn around for current pending eforms?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Assuming it's the expected FIFO system, no...approvals will continue to get longer, and then come to a halt when the submission dates meet the last date they were approved.

Only decrease in time would be due to the fact the system was so slow for the last month or so that forms weren't getting submitted.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#30]
2 more cans and I'll be able to wipe my hands clean of this garbage..... I swear,  I can quite this stamp addiction anytime!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Assuming it's the expected FIFO system, no...approvals will continue to get longer, and then come to a halt when the submission dates meet the last date they were approved.

Only decrease in time would be due to the fact the system was so slow for the last month or so that forms weren't getting submitted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would approvals get longer if there are no eforms being submitted?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Two reasons:

1. Doesn't matter what the input level is today...it's what it was 110-140 days ago, which was massive because the early 90-day approvals had just come through and everybody realized how much faster EForms could be. The approval times have consistently increased since the first approvals came through. Assuming the examiners don't start working any faster, the approval time frames will continue to get longer because more and more forms were submitted along the way. (The only relief here is at some point EForms performed so slow that the number of applications started to drop).
2. Human nature...if they know nothing else is coming down the pipe, why in the world would they speed up?

#1 is the real issue...#2 is just my opinion of people, especially those on government payrolls.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

None of my customers experienced that. They saved months canceling paper and doing an eform.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great so that either means this was an examiner-specific issue, or it was something the ATF told SOTs who asked, but they really had no way to enforce it?  Now that I think about it that makes a lot of sense seeing as once the form is cancelled I doubt the system is designed so they can put a block on a S/N for a specific timeframe.  So the moral of the story might be "it is better to ask forgiveness than permission?"

Okay, that is the final straw.  Somalia it is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think they would stay the same. Because the line behind you doesn't dictate your wait time, the line in front of you does.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Too many variables...

1) How fast was the line growing? Was the rate of submissions increasing or decreasing until the cutoff point?
2) What's the processing rate of eForms? Was the ability to get forms off the server the limiting factor? How many staff/man hours were dedicated to processing eForms? Are there more staff/man hours now than before? Does that number continue to change?

Just sit back and "enjoy" the ride...
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
2 more cans and I'll be able to wipe my hands clean of this garbage..... I swear,  I can quite this stamp addiction anytime!
View Quote

haha, lies! I was just going to get a suppressor, that was it, but oh wait i need a SBR if im going to use a suppressor, now Im looking for a M16 lower, got to have the fun switch!

One of these days im going to stop...really, i swear!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#38]
And, Its BACK. For how long, no one knows.

ETA: but i cant long in.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#39]
How come eftps.gov never goes down?  Oh yeah.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just checked and it's still down ... did you refresh your cache?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Its out again... sorry
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, I have PageMon on it.  Original home screen was up for several minutes, but didnt allow me to log in.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just want to redact and clarify something I posted here earlier.  When I stated that we had it on pretty good authority that eForms would be back up in 2-3 weeks, it was a slight mis-comunication on my part.  We actually don't know how long eForms is going to be down but we're going to wait 2-3 weeks to see if we have a better idea at that point what our best option is going forward.  When communicating with Dave, I got my wires crossed but don't worry, I have been flogged accordingly!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I just logged in.

No problems.

On my iPhone no less.

YMMV

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#47]
just got in as well
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#49]
dammit made it all the way through and it crashed out...
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top